Become a Patron!

Do you guys ever get fireballs from RDAs?

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I posted this a while back I was going to change the wick out soon anyways.
View My Video

Fast forward to last weekend. I was using a regular ole dual 8 wrap 26 gauge .4 ohm coil at 50 watts in an Wotofo Atty3.
It happened! About 1 1/2 seconds into the draw it puffed a fireball right into my throat. Luckily it was fast, I stopped and wasn't injured.

The wicks were sufficiently wicked. Nothing else really out of the ordinary.
It wasn't uncomfortably hot no burnt taste etc.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hotleg... Had it happen to me trying to cram builds into rdas

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fireballs are much more impressive than clouds. I use ReadyxWick, which doesn't burn at the temperatures any e-cig can produce. Perhaps it would solve your fireball issue...

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
View My Video

Fast forward to last weekend. I was using a regular ole dual 8 wrap 26 gauge .4 ohm coil at 50 watts in an Wotofo Atty3.
It happened! About 1 1/2 seconds into the draw it puffed a fireball right into my throat. Luckily it was fast, I stopped and wasn't injured.

Do you think it could be related to a paticular juice you vape? Perhaps some alcohol content?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View My Video

Not enough juice? If not, rebuild.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View My Video

Any time your coils glow when the wicks are wet, they are either not wet enough, or there are way too many watts being delivered by the mod. The coil wire that runs from the coil to the posts could glow, generally called a hot leg, and cause a fire but in your case the whole coil glowed.

With all my builds I can fire the mod for a lot longer than what you did in the video without the wire glowing.

Maybe more build details might help. What gauge wire, how many watts, how wet did you make it?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By observing the vid. I noticed the wick was pretty dry.Then the center of the coil started glowing red. That's how the fireball starts. Saturate the wick and you'll see that it will just vaporize.

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The one in the vid I was just abusing, that one was dry and I was going to re-wick it.
The one that lit up in my mouth doesn't glow like that. Probably just a little too hot though still, I'll just back off on the power for that one.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Make sure the wick is not too loose. My wicks are tight, when I feed it through the coil. I work them back n' forth until they feel snug, but not too tight.

VU Sponsors