Become a Patron!

Does anyone have pierced ears??

MuskyTusk

Member For 1 Year
Can't seem to find the info I need, my ear just closed up in less than 24 hours, can't for the life of me get my earring back in. I got it pierced for the first time June 30th and took it out overnight for the first time yesterday. Is this normal or did my ear just heal overnight??

whodat2112

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first got mine pierced, I thought that mine did the same thing. But, The "hole" was kinda at at angle and I had to look carefully at the back side of my earlobe to find it. I am not a DR. but I don't think the hole could close in 24 hours.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup 18mm guages
868d88945aa22179cfd400b0b1c15989.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes they can close fast. If I leave mine out for a day they are a bit H to get the same size back in

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you first get ear pierced it will close up if you take it out but once its healed hole might shrink but not going to close completely. I got mine pierced with I was 14 still there 35+ years later

MuskyTusk

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies :D

Idk what happened but I had to force it through the back and felt a little pop, it's in the right hole tho lol
Seems like it tightened up quite a bit overnight, I'll leave it in for a while before removing it again

That was harder to get in than the original piercing lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes each ear is different. I can leave mine out for the day and one stays the same the left ear shrinks to the next lowest size. But that's guaged life. Lol

MuskyTusk

Member For 1 Year
Sometimes each ear is different. I can leave mine out for the day and one stays the same the left ear shrinks to the next lowest size. But that's guaged life. Lol

Ah ok, I'm just wearing a simple 3 prong post in my left ear lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got my left ear pierce 30 years ago and have not left it out for more than a night in all that time. Wish I could be more help but I don't stick grommets in my earlobes.

MuskyTusk

Member For 1 Year
Got my left ear pierce 30 years ago and have not left it out for more than a night in all that time. Wish I could be more help but I don't stick grommets in my earlobes.

I don't have the gauge earring tho, just a normal post lol
I think I'll try to not take mine out for more than 24 hours too, at least not for another couple months

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I'll try to not take mine out for more than 24 hours too, at least not for another couple months

When it has just been pierced they do heal but might try Alcohol which if it is just some crud might loosen it up. I once had to take mine out for an extended period of time because I put a Sterling Silver Pirate Saber piece in my ear which gave me a little infection.It closed after a day or two but wasn't skin healing over. Did Have to use the original SPIKE to open it though~!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it has just been pierced they do heal but might try Alcohol which if it is just some crud might loosen it up. I once had to take mine out for an extended period of time because I put a Sterling Silver Pirate Saber piece in my ear which gave me a little infection.It closed after a day or two but wasn't skin healing over. Did Have to use the original SPIKE to open it though~!
I wanted to get away from Sterling silver so I went a little larger so I could get stainless steel. Just went overboard. But shit I've got close to tattoos as well so it just adds to the looks I get from people. Of which I give no shits about. Pierced and tattooed doesn't mean anything except I'm my own individual. I work harder than anyone at my job. But I get paid equally. Work on the side and make money every weekend playing music. There are scumbags of every whatever you call it but I'm definitely not one. Gotta pay for all the vape shit.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm my own individual

Same here and that is why I have worn a Diamond in my ear for so many years. The other went in my X's ear at the time and I have no Idea where she is these days much less the other earring from the pair.

MuskyTusk

Member For 1 Year
Same here and that is why I have worn a Diamond in my ear for so many years. The other went in my X's ear at the time and I have no Idea where she is these days much less the other earring from the pair.

I had a silver quarter coin ring that I hammered out for an ex, when we broke up she threw it away lol
I actually didn't think to use the original spike stud they put in with the gun until it was finished

I just had a little pair of 5mm African ruby studs with 3 prongs made while I was in Thailand studying :D
I was supposed to leave the spike stud in for 6 weeks but I had to put my ruby in after 4 lol

DURASPANK

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Took mine out when I graduated from SCDC hasn't been back in since. Over 30 years ago but the hole is still there. Diamond is still in my toolbox where I put it when I took it out.

VU Sponsors