Become a Patron!

Does anyone still use Sony VTC 3s?

Various Reviews

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm just wondering I bought a couple for their high amp drain they seem to have the best any opinions? Does anyone here use them still?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to have 3 pairs as backups to use when I forgot to charge my main batteries, but they were fully retired in Jan when I got new batteries.

Various Reviews

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I used to have 3 pairs as backups to use when I forgot to charge my main batteries, but they were fully retired in Jan when I got new batteries.
Would you recommend them as of April 2017? Or do you consider them outdated? I know being outdated doesn't necessarily apply for batteries..if they're good they're good but I guess I'm asking is if theyre beaten by others. I got them for seemingly being them best amp rating by Mooch for the price.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't see any reason to think they wouldn't be good.
Battery technology hasn't really changed much over the past years.

I use a regulated mod and they generally only pull at 20amps no matter the setting, so the higher continuous amp limit didn't matter to me.
I found Samsung 25Rs to be longer lasting because of their higher mah rating.

Now, in the terms of using a mech mod, it is a different story. The VTC3 does have a higher continuous amp limit then a Samsung 25R. However, the Samsung 25R has higher pulse ratings. If memory serves correct, the Samsung 25R is rated somewhere along the lines of 90 amps for 1 second, 60 amps for 3 seconds, and 40 amps for 6 seconds. When it comes to vaping, we pulse the batteries, we only use them for short bursts of a few seconds at a time.

VU Sponsors