Become a Patron!

Does ejuice have a recommended wattage?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've seen coils having a total wattage range and a "best" wattage range but do ejuice companies also provide a wattage recommendation for their flavors? Maybe their idea of which wattage to get the best flavor

I've seen coils having a total wattage range and a "best" wattage range but do ejuice companies also provide a wattage recommendation for their flavors? Maybe their idea of which wattage to get the best flavor

I wouldn’t think so, mechs are unregulated devices and you get amazing flavour out of them plus most of the starter devices don’t have wattage control either so it’d be a bit counter productive to have recommended wattages for juice, I do remember when I used regulated devices that higher wattages, and I mean ridiculously high wattages like 150-200w would have near to no flavour for me but lower wattages (60-140w) would have great flavour, so I think the higher the wattage you go the less the flavour, more clouds = less flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm using a regulated mod and not really messing with TC. I find myself continuously adjusting the wattage but not quite finding the sweet spot.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
No they do not make that kind of recommendations because it wouldn't apply. Flavor/taste is subjective, as well as pg/VG ratios of juices, and while most juices taste differently when applied to different coils and/at different wattage, its up to you to find your personal sweet spot. A recommendation just like coils would be near sheer impossible to make, lots of factors play a role and all together is based on someone's own preference.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was just thinking that at the juice ratio and flavors, they would have a good idea at what combination would bring out the best flavors. Combinations meaning which coil material and ohm

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The ideal wattage depends first and foremost on the coil(s) you use. Other factors like the wicking, the airflow adjustment plus the strength of your draw and the design/type and dimensions of your atomizer (including your drip tip) also play a part, and, to a lesser extent, so do the juice type and the flavor profile of the juice, but after you add personal preferences on top of the sum of all these others factors, typically when determining your wattage you'll need trial and error more than almost anything else.

VU Sponsors