Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a Celtic Polytheist, who celebrates Christmas as well as the Winter Solstice. I think Jesus was a great man who taught a lot of great lessons and offered a lot of hope to all. So Merry Christmas.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Midsummer, which is the summer solstice and Independence Day, whats poppin BigNasty!

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're a christain and a Muslim walks up to you and says "happy Ramadan" or a Jewish person says "happy Hanukkah" how would you respond? Some might say enjoy your holiday but you know damn well plenty would look at them confused and respond with something like "I don't celebrate xyz holiday" and walk off.

Me, i'd respond with whatever greeting they said as it is important to them. I may not be in the masses with this but being an American, I'll defend your right beleive whatever you want. I served in the Marine Corps, I have defended other peoples beliefs, although not mine, they have the right to believe what they want. I believe in saying Merry Christmas.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
who are affected by any particular holiday greeting are just looking for a reason to protest...and those reasons are found in some tragic sense of fear or guilt.
Uhhh what? Me finding the greeting annoying equates to me looking for a reason to protest because of a sense of fear or guilt?!?!

Lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Uhhh what? Me finding the greeting annoying equates to me looking for a reason to protest because of a sense of fear or guilt?!?!

Lol
My initial comment was "just looking for a reason to protest" Which you just did....and helped me make my point. Fear and guilt are more of a faith statement..which in your case probably does not apply.
Remember...God Loves YOU!
XUcJYZU.gif

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How is asking a question a protest?

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In that you had nothing to say to me other than a disputation regarding my post......ipso facto, is a protest or challenge.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am sorry if my question came off rhetorically or rudely. I truly am asking if you think that disliking a sentiment means that someone is looking for a reason to protest.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am sorry if my question came off rhetorically or rudely. I truly am asking if you think that disliking a sentiment means that someone is looking for a reason to protest.
I am merely going by the definition of the word. "To express objection or disapproval" That is the beauty of the human condition....we can disagree. I do not proselytize, as that is disobedience to my Lord...and also forbidden by my Order. Debate on the other hand is healthy.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will concede in that the definition does validate your point. On the next point, however, declaring that someone, who lacks faith, is loved by God can be perceived as proselytizing.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will concede in that the definition does validate your point. On the next point, however, declaring that someone, who lacks faith, is loved by God can be perceived as proselytizing.
Proselytising is in effect..."Shoving ones faith views down another's throat". I merely made a statement of my beliefs. Proselytising would be more along the line of "God loves you, and if you do not love Him back, you will burn in the fires of hell".....which of course would serve only to drive one even further away from faith. As a member of a Catholic religious order and street evangelist....I bring words of love and encouragement only to those that listen. To others, "if they will not hear your words, shake the dust from your feet as you leave their home and village" Mark 10:14
I respect people too much to do anything other than love them and hopefully bring encouragement.

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shaking the dust off your feet meaning ???.....disengaging, shrugging off, condemning, judging.....a,b,c,d or none of the above ?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shaking the dust off your feet meaning ???.....disengaging, shrugging off, condemning, judging.....a,b,c,d or none of the above ?
Us heathens are the dirt that must be expunged.

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
....a resounding act of condemnation

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
None of the above. The act signifies beginning over. Just as one bathes at the end of the day, to remove the visible signs of the days work so that they may be refreshed and ready to continue work the next day. As ministers of faith...ANY faith, out of love and compassion for our brothers and sisters, we do not condemn the person, but question their actions. It is not ours to judge, but with love...to teach.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mentioned native americans. What did (if any) natives celebrate thru these months?
Side: I think its funny how everyone thought that the marauding Vikings were terrible pillagers. Now we are starting to think Vikings found the Americas first(it wasn't lost though). Look how terrible the invading white man treated the natives. The Vikings barely left a mark.
Sometimes I am ashamed to be an American.​

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I mentioned native americans. What did (if any) natives celebrate thru these months?
Side: I think its funny how everyone thought that the marauding Vikings were terrible pillagers. Now we are starting to think Vikings found the Americas first(it wasn't lost though). Look how terrible the invading white man treated the natives. The Vikings barely left a mark.
Sometimes I am ashamed to be an American.​
Aside from almost completely changing the culture of my home. Also, viking is a verb.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant in the Americas, not Europe.
I believe in this context, Using 'Viking' this way is acceptable, unless the majority thinks otherwise. Don't be a grammar nazi.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I meant in the Americas, not Europe.
I believe in this context, Using 'Viking' this way is acceptable, unless the majority thinks otherwise. Don't be a grammar nazi.
Right on...misunderstood. Not being a nazi anything. I'm being a northern Scot.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In the US, Viking is considered a proper noun. However, I might integrate it into my vernacular as a verb.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most celebrate Christmas. The early missionaries were very successful, at least in the northeast. Most children went to reeducation schools. My grandmother won't even admit she is a native american to this day. It is very sad. Especially because her parents (my great grandparents) couldn't even speak english except a few words. She has alzheimer's disease and as she reverts back she more and more uses Mohawk instead of english. It is a devastating disease.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most celebrate Christmas. The early missionaries were very successful, at least in the northeast. Most children went to reeducation schools. My grandmother won't even admit she is a native american to this day. It is very sad. Especially because her parents (my great grandparents) couldn't even speak english except a few words. She has alzheimer's disease and as she reverts back she more and more uses Mohawk instead of english. It is a devastating disease.
I'm sooooooooo sorry to hear that about it grandma.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I am shocked to realize how little people in America actually know about the history of the country.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Saint Kateri Tekakwitha - Algongquin-Mohawk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kateri_Tekakwitha

VU Sponsors