Become a Patron!

Dovpo MVV. Pot regulated 2x 18650 serial protected pen mod

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This one just arrived today, great timing since I just sent my rx gen3 out under warranty. This is my first pwm mod (slowly collecting bits and pieces for a home built digital rms PWM mod)
So far the MVV hits like a sledgehammer, with almost 0 ramp up time versus a standard step down voltage mod. I threw on a dripper with big gnarly coils on it and ramp up was so quick ,even at modest power settings, that I could begin to hit at the same moment I pressed fire.
It seems to be well built and sturdy, has a nice weight to it even without batteries installed. Both the magnetic battery door and fire button are tight and rattle free.
My only complaint is there is no sort of knob on the adjustment pot, either a well shaped finger nail or some sort of tool is needed to adjust settings.

I would love to hear from anyone who has used the MVV for an extended period of time. Does the finish, and electronics hold up?

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been using the MVV for a while. So far it has proven to be durable and well built particularly for an inexpensive mod. One thing I did note, despite little to no ramp up time and the solid power it produces the MVV is not a PWM based mod.
Upon removing the main board and front cover I found a simple pcb with a small transformer on it quite similar to a okr or raptor style board. I also noticed quite beefy wiring from the battery sled to board as well as to both positive and negative 510 connections, this likely contributes to the healthy flow of power to the atty.

VU Sponsors