Become a Patron!

Drag S2 by Voopoo - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hi there folks,time for another review.
Today i will be showing you everything about the new pod device from Voopoo called the DRAG S2 that was sent to me for the purposes of this review.

As per my usual MO i will get us started with some pics so you can get a general idea of the device i will be reviewing today.

colors.jpg
design leather.JPG
DTL.JPG
MTL.JPG
safety.JPG
contents.JPG
MTL TO DTL.JPG
coils.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Proper packaging and everything neatly put in their right space,remove the top and there you have a little box that includes a spare coil,type-c charging cable and the instruction manual.

Also along with this kit i got a little box that included the MTL cartridge along with 2 drip tips,one for MTL and the other for DL.

S2.jpg

I'm also showing you side by side the S2 with the X2,just in case the size is a factor in you buying one or the other:

SBS.jpg

(S2 is the left white one and the X2 is the one on the right)
The X2 is a tad taller but not by much,apart from that they almost the same when it comes to weight and size.

Got the Pearly White color,not my favorite to be honest i prefer them black but it does give it a nice classy feel to it.

The Debossed vegan leather design in the back looks good (the design varies depending on the color you choose),soft but not too soft,you can get a nice grip on it.
Does feel a bit small in my hand but hey at 6.1 feet tall i got big hands so that is to be expected,apart from the leather part the rest is made with a Zinc Alloy.

Cartridges seem to be well made,top airflow ring but it does not stop so depending on where you keep your pod it might move a bit.

With a 2,500mAh Integrated battery it does have some weight to it,i mean compared to another pod like devices that are made of plastic but with more weight comes more quality and more power.

Simple menu operation:

Lock/Unlock: Press the Fire and "+" buttons together.
Menu: Press the "+" and "-" buttons together then press "+" or "-"
3 different modes:
Smart(yellow UI): detects the coil and adjusts the wattage automatically
RBA(blue UI):Not limited in anyway,just whatever wattage you want
ECO:this mode can give you about 10% more battery life

(Recharge time is about 90 minutes from zero to full,ballpark figure of course)

Vaping time:

Ok so i used both cartridges for this test,the DL and the MTL,i kept the coils that were already pre installed.

I have to mention that the DRAG S2 MTL version with the PnP X 510 DTL Drip Tip (Pre-installed) and PnP X 510 MTL Drip Tip (Replacable) is only for Italy, France and Germany.

Now i don't know if this has changed but my usual vape shop in Spain that i use for online orders does have the MTL version in their section of ''soon to be available'' so perhaps also Spain is in that list,nonetheless for now its Italy,France and Germany.

Now with this new and improved kit we also get new and improved coils,the PnP X which come in 4 different types:

PnP X 0.6Ω(RDL&MTL, 18-32W)
PnP X 0.3Ω(RDL&MTL, 32-40W)
PnP X 0.2Ω(DTL, 40-60W)
PnP X 0.15Ω(DTL, 60-80W)

Preinstalled in my DL cartridge i had the 0.2 ohm coil and in the MTL cartridge i haf the 0.6ohm coil.
Worth mentioning that the drip tip of the MTL cartridge can be removed but you cannot do so with the DL cartridge.

For review purposes i always use the same e-liquid so i can do a fair comparison and appraisal of the device i am reviewing.
In this case and like always i used Shiva aroma with a 70/30 proportion and 6mg of nic,this is my go to aroma on a daily basis.

I started with the 0.2 coil,think i got it about 50 watts top and then it was just too hot for me,i am a cooler type of vaper.
But the flavor? oh yeah these new PnP X coils deliver the goods,nice and rich vape with a powerful abounding cloud.

I was hesitant on the MTL cartridge not because i was doubtful of the quality but because i am not an MTL Vaper.

On smart mode it gave me 20 watts but i do like to break in the coils so i went with 14 watts and took a couple of puffs then 2 more watts at 16 and so until i got to 20 watts.

Ok as i said before i am not an MTL vaper,its just not for me but....oh damn this was just perfection.
Just so you can get the idea,i finished recording my video review of the S2 at about 5pm,after that i started with editing then uploading the video to Youtube.
After that well it was time for a snack,had some food watched a couple of episodes of Frankling & Bash and then started browsing the internet,i stayed up late until 2am or so....the whole entire time i used the S2 with the MTL cartridge.
I repeat i am not an MTL vaper but this thing was giving me such a nice hit and meeting all my vaping needs that i stuck with it for like 9 hours.
I never reached for my usual daily vaping device i just used the S2 with MTL cartridge for those 9 hours,these Pnp X coils the 0.6ohms hot damn they just work so good.

PROS:

-The new PnP X coils are an improvement over the already excellent Pnp coils
-Dual purpose kit for either DL or MTL
-2 coils included in the kit,that is always a pro
-Build quality and design is good,solid and well finished

CONS:

-Can't remove the drip tip from the DL cartridge
-Airflow ring has no stop,so once in a while you have to check to see where the position of the airflow ring is.
(Not a big con but i would have preferred to have some sort of stop at the end)

Would i recommend this device:

Wholeheartedly its a YES!!

Now keep in mind that the cartridges would be sold separately and the S2 and X2 are fairly similar with just 2 major differences:

-S2 wattage goes up to 60 watts but the X2 goes up to 80 watts
-X2 has an integrated battery but the X2 uses an 18650 battery

Why did i mention that the MTL cartridge would be available Menu: separately?
Well because maybe you want to MTL but prefer a pod that uses an external 18650 battery.
The MTL cartridge does work with the X2 so its just a matter of preference.

But in the end if you're looking for a pod with an integrated battery that lets you DL and MTL and everything in between you can't go wrong with the Drag S2.

Well that is it for today folks.

Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors