Become a Patron!

Drill suggestions

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kinds of drills(brand/model) are yall using?
Want something that sits flat on the table.
Ready to upgrade from my old harbor freight rig

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HondaDavidson Does your corded drill stand up on the table? I think that is what he is looking for.

I use a dewalt. For coils, can probably get away with just about any cordless. Even a cheapo. But I got a good one for other uses. Wrapping claptons is its secondary purpose.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My harbor freight has a great chuck, just has a small battery and can't stand alone

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Panasonic cordless. Used it to put up many a deck before using it to wrap coils.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Daedalus is a good one..
89314469e64d67f452c19fccdadca89e.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Tar Heel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Harbor has a cordless 18 volt for less than $20 that stands up flat on the table with a pretty good chuck.
Black Friday sale for either $13 or $15.

If you want the best go for a Dewalt.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Daedalus is a good one..
89314469e64d67f452c19fccdadca89e.jpg

Never heard of it. So watched the promo video of a fused clapton using this daedalus. Twisted the cores quite a bit.

Might have to wait for the v2 on this one. And absolutely not spending $70 on this. I think with a spring clamp and a bit of ingenuity, one could be made for $3.

Maybe if they sold the jig itself. For like $10.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm waiting on one..... As soon as it arrives I'll show it off.....

Test the torque if you can...it looks like it might be just a cheap electric motor and not a real drill, and if that is the case there is no way the thing is worth $20 let alone what they're charging

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never heard of it. So watched the promo video of a fused clapton using this daedalus. Twisted the cores quite a bit.

Might have to wait for the v2 on this one. And absolutely not spending $70 on this. I think with a spring clamp and a bit of ingenuity, one could be made for $3.

Maybe if they sold the jig itself. For like $10.

Looks like a Dremel in a box :crazy:.
Indeed no way its worth $70.

2ndamend_Brute

Member For 4 Years
I'm a plumber and contractor , I use my Dewalt.to build my coils. But if your looking for a cheaper brand ,portable cable from lowes has a good chuck and there good price wise

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
a cheap one will do you fine. I have a Milwaukee drill. amazing drill but way overkill and expensive for just making wire

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
a cheap one will do you fine. I have a Milwaukee drill. amazing drill but way overkill and expensive for just making wire
I will use it for more than making wire. Build/repair shit on the ranch daily. Just want to make sure whatever I get will do its primary job excellently

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as it spins.

Dad got a milwaukee set and its pretty slick. I like. Like my dewalt too, but i like the look and feel of the milwaukees too. Might just be envy of someone else's stuff. Grass is always greener. But hard to go wrong with either.

theepicpath

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a ryobi one + 18v that i got new for 60 bucks and the battery at full speed lasts a coil build session for me. Though it's max speed is only 1300rpm. What kind of speeds does every one else get on their drills out of curiosity?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As long as it spins.

Dad got a milwaukee set and its pretty slick. I like. Like my dewalt too, but i like the look and feel of the milwaukees too. Might just be envy of someone else's stuff. Grass is always greener. But hard to go wrong with either.
Dewalt is really good too

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors