Become a Patron!

Dripper on mvp 2.0

hi I'm fairly new to the vape world I just know some basic stuff and I was wondering a beginner setup for a drip atomizer for an mvp 2.0. Will any atomizer work? If not which ones do work? Thanks in advance

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll assume this is a MVP 20w, and not an MVP2. If it's an MVP2, you've only got 11 watts, 3 amps and a 1.2Ω lower limit.

As you have 20 watts to work with and a lower resistance limit of 1.0Ω...

Per Steam Engine, running at 18 watts ( a random upper end value, just shy of maxed out), a single coil build at 1.0Ω, using 26 ~ 28 gauge Kanthal A1... you'd have heat flux values of 159, 226 and 320 mW/mm2 - respectively.
Heat flux is the measurement of radiant coil heat, expressed in milliwatts per millimeter squared.

What that means is, you want to look for a RDA that has an AFC that offers the option of air control for both single and dual parallel builds.
A good example of this would be a Origen V2, with 3 sets of AFC inlets.... 1 for singles, 2 for duals.

As you're new... I'd recommend that you click on all three of the sigline hyperlinks below, and read everything you find. If you have questions... PM me.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
unfortunetly it is the mvp2 and only 11 watts
At 11 watts, you just need thinner wire to get a decent heat flux. A 1.2Ω build using 28 ~ 30 gauge will get you 163, 230 and 326 mW.mm2, respective.
Just so you know... because the numbers get higher... doesn't mean you'll like the heat. Some folks are quite happy with a vape in the mid 100 to mid 200 range.

Once you've read the Steam Engine user guide, you'll have a far better understanding of how a build effects (in order of importance) coil heat, coil lag time and leg power loss.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, and welcome to the VU...and congratulations on switching to the vaping world. @State O' Flux definitely knows his stuff way better than I do but I would also think about getting something like an old I-go W4 if you're going to try and and drip on the ole' 11 watt box. It's got a smaller 20mm chamber and two tiny airflow holes you can drill out if you'd like or leave them stock. The smaller chamber will get warmer off a lower wattage and give a nice vape at lower power and they're dirt cheap, You can find them easily in the 10-15 dollar range if you search the web and they're a solid little atty that works well with those thinner gauge wires and even with just a single coil in it even though you can't block off the airflow. It was my first three post atty and I've used it for dual and single coil builds and it's got great flavor for what it is...won't give you the biggest clouds but it is a solid little performer. I still use mine and once you get the hang of building on that little deck that it's got it makes working on the bigger, more standard drippers much easier when you're ready to move up to a bigger set up.

The Origen V2 is a great flavor atty but as it's meant to be built with vertical coils as apposed to horizontal coils like most atty's primarily it can be a bit tricky for your first atty. If you want something purely for flavor to start off with I would go with something more like a magma as it's a bit easier to work with in the beginning IMHO as well.

Not telling you what to buy, just some food for thought. I would also look into seeing what 20/30 watt regulated devices might strike your fancy as well if you're seriously considering going down the dripping route. Despite what some might say, you don't need a big 150 watt device or a super super low sub ohm build to have a good dripping experience.

I have an I-go L single coil atty I drilled the air hole out only slightly on and build it at about 1.2 ohms and use it on a mech for testing flavors and its a nice little vape at about 11.4 watts. Won't win a cloud contest with it but the flavor is nice. :) Vaping is all about what you like and keeps you off the icky stickys. not what someone else likes. Seriously, shop around and read reviews. Ask about things you might think you like here on the forum and make an informed choice before you impulse buy anything...chances are you'll be happier and save some money and time finding the right vape in the long run.

Best of luck to you and happy vaping! :)

VU Sponsors