Become a Patron!

Drop or Bonza

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have the Bonza or Drop RDAs? Thoughts? I’m leaning toward the Drop, but I do want the Bonza because it’s the Bogan’s design. Interested in your thoughts.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone have the Bonza or Drop RDAs? Thoughts? I’m leaning toward the Drop, but I do want the Bonza because it’s the Bogan’s design. Interested in your thoughts.
I have both. They are both great but I like the Drop better. Airflow on both is very similar as far as smoothness goes but the Drop is a much more innovative RDA. I did a full review on both but the Bonza review has not been published yet. Here is my Drop review. Bonza review should be up in a day or so.

Digiflavor Drop RDA
https://www.vapinginsider.com/digiflavor-drop-rda-review/

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I’ve been leaning toward the Drop, yet I also will eventually get the Bonza, just because it’s the Bogan’s creation. Not sure why I haven’t gotten any notifications for your replies.....

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks! I’ve been leaning toward the Drop, yet I also will eventually get the Bonza, just because it’s the Bogan’s creation. Not sure why I haven’t gotten any notifications for your replies.....
The Drop is awesome. Bonza is really good too. The Bonza looks better but the Drop edges it out in flavor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Drop is awesome. Bonza is really good too. The Bonza looks better but the Drop edges it out in flavor.

I’m a flavor guy, so that’s great news. I have a silver and black Drone squonk, so it’s gonna look awesome too. Thanks for the feedback!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m a flavor guy, so that’s great news. I have a silver and black Drone squonk, so it’s gonna look awesome too. Thanks for the feedback!
Glad I could help.

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
For straight up flavor, I prefer single coil atty's. My favs right now are the Recurve, Drop Solo, Asmodus C4 in no particular order. All of them are very close.

Do single coils in general give you more flavour than dual coils?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do single coils in general give you more flavour than dual coils?
Yes but not because they produce more Vapor than a single coil, they don't. It's because most single coil atty's have a more reduced chamber. Things you want to look for in a good flavor atomizer are.

Conical interior design
Reduced chamber
Side or bottom AF

Imo top AF usually does not translate to great flavor.

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yes but not because they produce more Vapor than a single coil, they don't. It's because most single coil atty's have a more reduced chamber. Things you want to look for in a good flavor atomizer are.

Conical interior design
Reduced chamber
Side or bottom AF

If lets say a dual coil rda was capable of a single coil build, the single coil wouldn't be better in flavour because the "chamber" is still the same?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If lets say a dual coil rda was capable of a single coil build, the single coil wouldn't be better in flavour because the "chamber" is still the same?
IMO the flavor wouldn't be as good as a dedicated single coil atty because in general, dual coil atty's have bigger chambers.

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Conical interior design
Reduced chamber
Side or bottom AF

Getting back to this, a dual coil DOES NOT produce more clouds than a single coil? I always thought it would, cus well, double coils, higher wattage, bigger clouds?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Getting back to this, a dual coil DOES NOT produce more clouds than a single coil? I always thought it would, cus well, double coils, higher wattage, bigger clouds?
Never said that. Dual coils will produce more clouds but that does not necessarily mean the flavor will be better. Of course, these are all generalizations and each atty has its own different attributes that must taken into account.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Why not just get them both and decide for yourself? That's the only way you're going to get the true answer.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have both now. The Bonza is quite difficult to get flavor on. The Drop is much easier, but still not as carefree as the Rabbit. I rarely use either.
I know many people that would disagree with that. I can't etand that POS Dead Rabbit. The Drop is about as easy as it gets.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Drop... Solo!
I like it.. never tried the Drop, or the Drop dead before..

The Solo is a 22mm single coil RDA.. seen some video reviews showing a double installed in it but never tried.
Good luck in whatever you get..

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Why don’t you like the DR?

I hate the way the airflow works. It's horrible. If you don't get the coil height just right the flavor sucks. I know some people like the DR. I think it's a piece of crap and I'm not the only one. I have so many better RDAs to mess with it. I gave my DR away and I never give anything away. The guy I gave it to liked it until I bought him a TM24 PRO RDA. He concurs with me about the DR. He can give it to someone I guess.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate the way the airflow works. It's horrible. If you don't get the coil height just right the flavor sucks. I know some people like the DR. I think it's a piece of crap and I'm not the only one. I have so many better RDAs to mess with it. I gave my DR away and I never give anything away. The guy I gave it to liked it until I bought him a TM24 PRO RDA. He concurs with me about the DR. He can give it to someone I guess.

I don’t hear people not liking it too often. I’ve found that anywhere I put the coils, I get great flavor. I’m always open to other RDAs for flavor, though. Gonna check out this TM24 you speak of.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don’t hear people not liking it too often. I’ve found that anywhere I put the coils, I get great flavor. I’m always open to other RDAs for flavor, though. Gonna check out this TM24 you speak of.
I'm glad you like your DR. We all definitely have different tastes which is a good thing. My favorite RDA is my Lucid but it's not for everyone. My Chief King is my 2nd and it's been going to work with me since I got it and it's a squonker. The Vapefly Wormhole is another good RDA for flavor but it can take a bit to get it dialed in.
Of course this is only my opinion. I'm sure some will either agree or disagree and that's ok either way.

I have been vaping for only slightly over three years but have over time accumulated a fair amount of RDAs. Of Kennedys, Twisted Messes, Drops, a Dead Rabbit, a Drop Dead, a Loop, among various others my new favorite for clouds and moreover flavor is a VV Bonza. Currently I am using an Asmodus Reborn or a VooPoo Drag with dual 4x3M turns of 22 ga. Ni80 coils(.1 ohm total). At 70 watts and 2.73V the flavor is fastastic and the battery life is long. Hope this helps someone out there. ✌

Last edited:

VU Sponsors