Become a Patron!

DRY/BURNT HITS IN TC?

Vaping Bully

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm very new to tc but not to vaping. I understand the principals of tc. No matter what your temp is set at shouldn't tc kick in when it senses a dry coil to prevent burning? Or does it just go to the set temp cutoff no matter what? Thanks in advance. I'm using a evic vt and ipv 4. Both with none off their usual issues.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm very new to tc but not to vaping. I understand the principals of tc. No matter what your temp is set at shouldn't tc kick in when it senses a dry coil to prevent burning? Or does it just go to the set temp cutoff no matter what? Thanks in advance. I'm using a evic vt and ipv 4. Both with none off their usual issues.
Never had this issue but make sure you are using a Nickel Coil or the Evic will bump you into power mode (no TC). TC only works when its turned on and your using a Nickel Coil or Wire (Titanium if your device supports it also)

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It senses the temp as ur wick dries it gets hotter if ur getting dry hits it could be a few issues make sure ur coil has awesome contact some of my rdas I have to wrap the leads around the base of the screw heads, make sure ur coils r pretty close to evenly spaced and don't have 1 or 2 wraps touching anywhere basically u won't get dryhits unless u have a hot spot in the coil which could be caused by the above ur tc device could also be very finicky and might not run right with certain ni200 gauges or ohm levels hope this helps

sent from the back of Otto's bus

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
basically tc is just a box better at sensing resistance and will lower voltage when it sense a change in the parameters, you almost need a better and pure wire to do it, but some are working on kanthal. Ill be okay with me SpiderSilk Ti wire, its worked perfectly since day one. .TC and VT Its a fairy simple concept and principles, but hard to implement in an industry with not many people putting the energy nor money into it. Now people are catching on...we just need better chips and firmware available, thats where 99% of the issues come into play. Manufacturing components is massively complex, people have nooo idea, often you have to out source to make everything in time, and then you get clones a week after you put your item out....see the circle of life?? For an investor its a tough call to make on an unproven industry, where making the right item could cost good money. But imagine a box that didnt need anything buy an occasional firmware upgrade...its possible...they just have to work really hard and long on it..and hope the industry doesn't pass them up and forget them by the time they get it out..Imagine a dual core powered box with a tiny color lcd an open source code to change any and everything....that would blow the industry apart...anyone reading this...better hook me up if you decide to do this :) or bring me on, I got ideas lol

That being said, I love my Evic with all my heart

57C8AA6E-94DF-4BC0-9848-BAE03F63CD8C-8379-000002A457636532_zps68vtnwxq.jpg

VU Sponsors