Become a Patron!

Dry hits on Profile Rda???

mcc1961

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I squonk with my Topside on the Profile Rda,the juice sucks almost all back out of the Rda and i get dry hits.Do you think i have it wicked to tightly?I can use the Dead Rabbit and it works flawlessly.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of us here have had issues with the profile on the Topside. I think it needs more juice than the bend in the feed tube can supply. Haven't used my Topside in a while for that reason. Profiles I have on my Desire Cuts do fine

mcc1961

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put a smaller diameter piece of wicking in it and it seems to be doing better.Here is a vid of the guy using a Topside having the same problem.

mcc1961

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Profile working great now.I didn't put as thick of cotton in it and now when I squonk I can see the juice coming through the cotton right under the the mesh strip.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the Profile working great now.I didn't put as thick of cotton in it and now when I squonk I can see the juice coming through the cotton right under the the mesh strip.
I have found that you can choke the coil with too much cotton. Added a spring under the ceramic blockto keep the cotton against the coil. Sometimes less is more...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I put a smaller diameter piece of wicking in it and it seems to be doing better.Here is a vid of the guy using a Topside having the same problem.

Sounds like somebody needs Muji organic cotton. I find it does quite well in the vectors mentioned. Although, I won't speak of its effectiveness for mesh setups. Might be it does no good at all. Not used any mesh gear ergo, I don't know how it does for mesh, won't say either. Still think it might merit being worth a try.

Simple reasoning I think.

If X does not function to expatiation, then try Y report functionality.

If the Wofoto cotton isn't wick is not doing like folks want, then try Muji cotton wick. You may need to try various kinds of cotton, possibly rayon. You will eventually find what suits you.

Does that seem to be trial & error? Well, it is that exactly. Don't knock it, amoeba still thrive to this very day using this same form of reasoning. In a sense I reckon you could call it no brain-er logic. :)

That isn't meant as a knock to anyone. Amoeba do not have brains and so I was only calling a spade a spade. It is logic that requires no brain to figure out. Matter of fact, if you over think it you might go without beans for supper. You get a fork, spoon, knife ... which do you use to eat the beans? ;) :p

I'll use my big mouth and let it send the beans to my starving gut. Do I care if I use my fingers to scoop up beans, a knife, fork, spoon? Nope, as long as the beans get to my mouth I'm all good. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors