Become a Patron!

E cig bad for you

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure if this is a question or a statement. In my opinion, nicotine could be bad for the heart at high levels, but so could caffeine.

Hi giys just downloaded this app..
Been using ecigs for 20 months no problem but yesterday I had an increased heart rate ..palpitations feeling dizzy... I really think its down to the ecig... im not touching it anymore. . Normally I would swear by an ecig but now I really think they are bad

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you've been using it for 20months at the same nic level, same puffing rate, and using the same equipment, then I'd say it's probably something else such as way too much caffeine, high stress/anxiety level, panic attack, heat stroke, dehydration, undiagnosed medical condition (aortic regurgitation, aortic stenosis, atrial fibrillation, pulmonary hypertension, middle ear infection, to name a few), etc.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Could be un-related, could be too high nic level, could be all kinds of things. A Dr would be your best opinion.

Moving thread to Vaping Health related.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would hope after 20 months on an e-cig, she has cut down on nic level by now. :) Anything else change... juice brand, flavor, PG/VG ratio?
Good question, especially since not all juice manufacturers are accurate with their nic levels. Five pawns brand being 1/2 as much nic as it's supposed to be comes immediately to mind, so someone who is used to theirs and then goes to another brand at same supposed strength would be in for a big shock to the system.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
E-cigs have caused my bullshit dumbfuck meter to peg to absofuckinglute zero.

Honestly I do not not what is worse, the drive by retard trolls with their battery retardation or stupid unsupported shit like this.
I read on another board some fucky moron talking about how e-cigs wrecked his lungs.. Barring all other outside factors of history of smoking, allergies and occupation this special SJW snowflake blamed it solely on ecigs.
I see this here.

So instead of adjusting vaping rate and having half a fucking brain cell "lets post a one word bullshit answer with zero facts!!! my feels says it is right!"

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
possibly, though I did come across a woman real-world that said the same sort of thing to me. She had used them for some time and then had a bad moment, blamed it on her ecig, and went bad to sucking on cancer sticks. She did tell me, though, that her doctor laughed at her when told the doc that she blamed the ecig.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You know, now that I think about it......I have trouble seeing at night. I've been driving for.....well let's just say decades. It must be the car, hmmmm no more driving for me! ;)
Oops, I overreacted. I can still drive, just no more Chevy's!! :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oops, I overreacted. I can still drive, just no more Chevy's!! :)
Bullshit it is from your e-cig, at least the film in the windows is.

sooooooooo tell us how you really feel about this roflmfao

total retard assessment by OP !! it took 20 months for her [?] to have heart rate issues WTF

ignorance run rampant
Actually I held quite a bit back. No reason to wish slow painful anal warts and sterilization on her to prevent her from breeding and spreading her special brand of fucking stupid in this world.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bullshit it is from your e-cig, at least the film in the windows is.

Actually I held quite a bit back. No reason to wish slow painful anal warts and sterilization on her to prevent her from breeding and spreading her special brand of fucking stupid in this world.
Doesn't happen to me, I ride my bike most of the time.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Doesn't happen to me, I ride my bike most of the time.
I walk n fog.
I was actually stunned a few weeks back when I was outside in 90 degree temps on how freaking long and far the cloud hung for.

It scared a few wildland fire fighters on coming over asking wtf it was.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heart

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
One word deserves one meme

486268_383980525023691_451133737_n_zps23a0d2ee.jpg

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You're just going to guess it's ecigs and take the time to set up an account and post here.

GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!!

WTF??

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Well i will chime in and say i am 36 and have had 4 heart attacks and was smoking my heart Dr told me the best thing for me would be to start vaping as he said it would be better for my heart than smoking with the right nic lvl been smoking for 5 years now and yes i still have heart problems but dont think its the vape neither does the dr and he has kept me alive this long so i have to listen to his opinion....

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
saw an ad on tv for an anti-eczema pill earlier today. Side effect? Cancer! Adds a bit of credence to the whole thing about big pharma wanting to make you sick. Thank goodness ecigs aren't big pharma or big tobacco.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
saw an ad on tv for an anti-eczema pill earlier today. Side effect? Cancer! Adds a bit of credence to the whole thing about big pharma wanting to make you sick. Thank goodness ecigs aren't big pharma or big tobacco.
FUCK me cancer as a side effect?
That should motherfucking tell ya'all something.
These cancer non profits giving little if any money to the charities, BP knows cancer is bigger business giving you cancer and treatments instead of curing it.

Spoke with a breast cancer survivor and loved her outlook on it.. "
"Want treatment to survive? Fat fucking chance, the Docwhores just see walking tittybanks. Why fight the cancer without harming the patient and ONLY going by the FDA guidelines? easy it is 5 million a tit. FUCK oncologists and seriously FUCK the FDA."

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, one of those things that makes you say, "what the fuck? Who in their right mind would even take that shit?"

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Most with the side effects worse that what the ailment is
do they still include anal leaking as a side effect?
PC was of saying shitting yourself, most would rather deal with cancer than shitting yourself.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
stop vaping e cigs and vape pens. get a decent box battery and get something like a smok tank or maybe an RBA and start vaping the thicker 100%vegetable glycerin juice and dont buy juice over 10mg/ml if you need more nicotine then just take longer tokes or toke more. ecigs are loaded with propylene glycol which is some nasty stuff to be inhaling. alot of people have allergic type reactions. severe dry through and mouth shortness of breathe. i say upgrade beyond ecigs and vape pens like igo because the 100% VG juice is so much thicker and doesnt do well in the tiny devices. i stopped vapping anything with more than 23% PG in it. better flavor quality too

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its also in alot of food
Fer real....if pg is "nasty stuff to be inhaling," my critically asthmatic husband is in trouble, in the fact that pg is a primary ingredient in his inhalers.

its also in lots of foods. but its not meant to be ingested in mass quantities. vaping it all day everyday is too much PG consumtion

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No shit, every one of the 4-5 prescribed inhalers The Mr. uses countless times per day lists pg as a primary ingredient. It carries the medicine into his lungs. Anyone with an allergy or sensitivity to pg should definitely steer clear of it, but it does not have a harmful effect on the lungs of a healthy, non-adverse individual.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
on the material safety data sheet ( all registered chemicals in the U.S are required to have one) respiratory tract irritation is a listed side effect of inhalation. like i said A LOT of people, NOT ALL people, have an allergic reaction. just stay clear of it as much as possible imo.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And just like the big side effects sheet you get from every pharmacy with every prescription, there is a list of possible side effects. If one person in 1000 gets a headache when they take a certain medication, it must be listed as a side effect. The MSDS sheets are dealing with a much larger quantity of propylene glycol than we are inhaling through vaping or for medical purposes.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
true. but not the only list qualifying factor. also if its pretty common in subjects it makes the list. if a side effect rarely happens in subjects like 3 out off 1000 get diarrhea then it wont make the list. all i know is it was harsh on my lungs and i avoid it when possible. still trying to find a good custard to replace charlie noble. but just like any substance bad effects can show up in different people

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Special Remarks on other Toxic Effects on Humans:
Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin: May cause mild skin irritation. It may be absorbed through the skin and cause systemic
effects similar to those of ingestion. Eyes: May cause mild eye irritation with some immediate, transitory stinging, lacrimation,
blepharospasm, and mild transient conjunctival hyperemia. There is no residual discomfort or injury once it is washed
away. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation. Ingestion: It may cause gastrointestinal tract irritation. It may affect
behavior/central nervous system(CNS depression, general anesthetic, convulsions, seizures, somnolence, stupor, muscle
contraction or spasticity, coma), brain (changes in surface EEG), metabolism, blood (intravascular hemolysis, white blood
cells - decreased neutrophil function), respiration (respiratory stimulation, chronic pulmonary edema, cyanosis), cardiovascular
system(hypotension, bradycardia, arrhythmias, cardiac arrest)
, endocrine system (hypoglycemia), urinary system (kidneys),
and liver. Chronic Potential Health Effects: Skin: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause allergic contact dermatitis.
Ingestion: Prolonged or repeated ingestion may cause hyperglycemia and may affect behavior/CNS (symptoms similar to that
of acute ingestion). Inhalation: Prolonged or repeated inhalation may affect behavior/CNS (with symptoms similar to ingestion),
and spleen

from the msds so for anyone who finds out they have an allergic reaction to propylene glycol i recommend you quit using it

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea i know, i use to be one of those until 4 years ago,but after seeing just how bad VG was coating the inside of my drip tips and realizing it was most likely coating my lungs as well ?? i forced myself to just get over the it ,,i increased my PG levels until the point i can now do 100% PG no problems but ahnd around 75%

well im one of the unlucky people whos lungs dont like it so i wont be doing that any time soon. i use to smoke 2 packs of cigs a day so maybe that has something to do with why im one of the people that have a problem vaping it.

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Version 1.14
Revision Date
/5
/2014
Material Safety Data Sheet
Vegetable Glycerin USP
Section 1: Chemical Product and Company Identification
Product Name:
Vegetable Glycerin
USP
Catalog Codes
:
VG
-
60ML,
VG
-
120ML
VG
-
250ML
VG
-
500ML
VG
-
1GAL
Synonyms:
-
Propanetriol; Glycerol;
Glycerin;
Glycerine
CAS#:
-
-
Chemical Formula:
C3H8O3
Contact Information:
Wizard Labs
6808 Hanging Moss Rd.
Orlando, Florida 32807
(321)
-
wizardlabs.us
CHEMTREC (24HR Emergency Telephone)
-
-
-
Section 2: Hazards Identification
Emergency Overview:
This produ
ct is not considered hazardous
as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200.
May
cause temporary irritation with eye or skin contact. May cause temporary irritation of upper respiratory tract if inhaled. Re
peated or prolonged exposure
at high dosage may be harmful to kidneys.
Potential Chronic Health Effects:
Carcinogenic Effects:
Not available
Mutagenic Effects: Not available
Teratogenic Effects: Not available
Section 3: Composition / Ingredient Information
Principal Component
:
Glycerin (56
-
-
5) 100%
Section 4: First Aid Measures
Eyes:
Immediately flush the eyes with w
ater
or eye wash solution for 10
minutes, lifting lower and upper eyelids occasionally. Seek medical attention
if
irritation persists
Skin:
Remov
e contaminated clothing and flush
the affected are
a immediately with plenty of
water. Seek medical attention
if irr
itation occurs
Ingestion:
Rinse mouth with
water. Seek medical attention
if symptoms occur
. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Do not induce
vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel.
Inhalation:
Remove victim to fresh air
. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Seek medical attention
if symptoms occur
Section 5: Firefighting Measures
Flash Point
:
Closed Cup: 320
°
F
Extinguisher Media:
Use media suitable to extinguish surrounding fire.
Protective Equipment:
Firefighters should wear full protective equipment and NIOSH approved self
-
contained breathing apparatus.
NPFA Rating:
Health:
Fire: 1
Reactivity: 0
Section 6: Accidental Release Measures
Personal Precautions:
Use personal protection recommended in Section 8.
Environmental Precautions:
Isolate the hazard area and evacuate unprotected personnel to safe area. Ventilate area and contain spill with sand or
absorbent material. Prevent large spills from entering dra
i
ns. Avoid discharge of spilled material into the environment or waterways
. Place all
contaminated material in a sealed bag or container for disposal. Wash spill area after pickup is complete. See Section 13 for
disposal information.
Section 7: Handling a
nd Storage
Handling:
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use with adequate ventilation and
avoid breathing vapor or mist
Storage:
Keep container tightly closed in a cool, dry, well
-
ventilated place.
Store away from incompatible materials such as oxidizing
agents.
Containers that are opened must be resealed and stored upright to prevent l
eakage.
Hydroscopic.
Section 8: Exposure Controls / Personal Protection
Eye Protection:
Chemical splash goggles should be worn. Eyewash bottle or station should be readily available.
Respiratory Protection:
None needed under normal conditions of use with adequate ventilation. Use NIOSH/MSHA chemical cartridge respirator if
PEL or TVL is exce
eded.
Skin Protection:
Chemical resistant clothing and gloves should be worn. Wash hands thoroughly after handling material and before eating or dri
nking.
Section 9: Physical and Chemical Properties
Appearance:
Clear colorless viscous liquid
Odor:
Faint
Taste:
Sweet
Molar mass
:
92.09 g/mol
Density:
g/cm
at 20°C
pH:
~7
Solubility:
Miscible in water
Boiling Point:
°
F
Melting Point:
°
F
Flash Point
:
Closed Cup: 320
°
F
Section 10: Stability and Reactivity
Chemical stability:
Stable
Reactivity:
Highly reactive with oxidizing agents. I
ncompatible with strong oxidizers
(e.g., chromium trioxide, potassium chlorate, potassium
permanganate)
. Hygroscopic.
Section 11: Toxicology Information
Toxicity Data:
Acute oral toxicity (LD50):
mg/kg
(R
at)
Acute dermal toxicity (LD50):
mg/kg (
Rabbit)
Acute inhalation toxicity (LC50):
NA
Chronic Effects:
NA
Section 12: Ecological Information
Ecotoxicity:
Ecotoxicity in water (LC50): 58.5 ppm 96 hours [Trout].
EPA Waste Numbers:
NA
Section 13:
Disposal Considerations
Waste Disposal:
Dispose in accordance with federal, state and local environmental control regulations.
Section 14: Transportation Information
DOT Classification:
Not regulated for transport
Section 15: Regulatory
Information
EPA TSCA Status:
On TSCA inventory
California Prop 65:
This product contains no listed substances known to t
he State of California to cause
cancer, birth defects or other reproductive
harm, at levels which would require a warning
under the
statute.
Section 16: Other Information
The information provided in this Material Safety Data Sheet represents a compilation of data drawn directly from various sour
ces available to us.
Wizard Labs makes no representation or guarantee as to the suitabili
ty of this information to a particular application of the substance covered in the
Material Safety Data Sheet. Any employer must carefully assess the applicability of any information contained herein in regar
ds to the particular use to
which the employer p
uts the material. Wizard Labs makes no warranty, expressed or implied, including (without limitation) warranties with respect
to
the completeness or continuing accuracy of the information contained herein or with respect to fitness for any particular use
Copyright © 2013 Wizard Labs. All rights reserved

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
funny no list of side effects california doesnt even have a prob with it (their dumb birth deffect cancer blah blah warning)

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May
cause temporary irritation with eye or skin contact. May cause temporary irritation of upper respiratory tract if inhaled. Re
peated or prolonged exposure
at high dosage may be harmful to kidneys.
Potential Chronic Health Effects:
Carcinogenic Effects:
Not available
Mutagenic Effects: Not available
Teratogenic Effects: Not available

funny thing is ,i like my kidneys
why is info not available !! did they not detect it or did they NOT test for it !! which is it

remember it is made from vegetables so either there were none or no studies were conducted who know but im sure with in a few years this topic should be fully cleared up. hopefully someone decides to conduct more studies since vaping is growing rapidly. you vape your PG ill vape my VG and we'll see how how health is in the next decade

Happy vaping! p.s. sorry for hurting your eye :3

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Manufacturing
Propylene glycol (PG) is manufactured from propylene oxide, a petroleum-based raw material. As the leading global producer of PG, Dow manufactures approximately 1.2 billion pounds annually.

Dow produces PG products to exacting specifications in modern production facilities with advanced process and analytical instrumentation. Routine use of quality techniques, such as statistical quality control and statistical process control, at all of Dow's PG production plants enables Dow to manufacture PG products that meet or exceed our customers' requirements.

Dow's quality management system conforms to specified requirements of international standards like ISO 9001. In addition, specific grades of Dow monopropylene glycol and dipropylene glycol meet the standards of purity required for food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications.

DOW PuraGuard™ Propylene Glycol USP/EP is manufactured in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP and GMP) requirements and meets GMP guidelines set by the International Pharmaceutical Excipient Council (IPEC).

DPG LO+ is manufactured following Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).

petrol based hmm sounds nasty to me

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
bio diesel can easily be made from vegetable or cooking coil diesel engines can run a wide variety of fuels petrol and plant based. bio diesel is made from plant instead of using nasty crude oil(petrolium) id rather vape plant oil than something that was lab synthesized from 1,000,000 year old rotting material in the ground

TwistedWires

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nope im not a veegan deers a natural source of food last time i checked those werent made in a lab

VU Sponsors