Become a Patron!

E-Cig is weak unless thank is full?

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
Hello! This is my first post here so please forgive me if I do something wrong.
I am currently using an e-cig with a GS EGO II 2200 mAh batery and KangerTech T2 tank. This setup is okay for me a recent ex-smoker (I quit 2 months ago). I use 12 mg of nicotine in the liquid and it is good enough for me.
The problems started 2 days ago when I started to experience a really weak drag, weak throat hit and I started blowing really low quantities of vapor. The tank was flooded so I started cleaning it once or twice a day but it wouldn't solve any problems.. unless I completely refill the tank. The tank is 2.4 ml in capacity and when the liquid reaches 2.2 ml it becomes weak. No matter what I do, it won't work properly and on top of it all it just keeps consuming e-liquid like a hungry beast.
I started using Pinky Vape's Mother Waffler which is brown and it made my wicks brown too but the problems appeared 2 days after starting to use this liquid so I don't know if this is the reason.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am currently using an e-cig with a GS EGO II 2200 mAh batery and KangerTech T2 tank. This setup is okay for me a recent ex-smoker (I quit 2 months ago). I use 12 mg of nicotine in the liquid and it is good enough for me.
The problems started 2 days ago when I started to experience a really weak drag, weak throat hit and I started blowing really low quantities of vapor. The tank was flooded so I started cleaning it once or twice a day but it wouldn't solve any problems.. unless I completely refill the tank. The tank is 2.4 ml in capacity and when the liquid reaches 2.2 ml it becomes weak. No matter what I do, it won't work properly and on top of it all it just keeps consuming e-liquid like a hungry beast.
I started using Pinky Vape's Mother Waffler which is brown and it made my wicks brown too but the problems appeared 2 days after starting to use this liquid so I don't know if this is the reason.
i haven't used a factory coil in about 2 years,, but I did have the problem you mention a couple of times,, I cleaned the coil (sometimes even soaking it),, then I took a small sewing needle and poked a hole into the cotton.

now i make my own coils,, and if the flavor seems to fade then i know I need to look at my wick,, is it turning colors? is it slightly too thick?, does it need to be 're-combed' straight? it tends to happen when my wick needs combing or possibly a bit of thinning. my ejuice/eliquid has enough 'sweetness' factor to gunk up a coil,,a gunked up coil struggles to allow the juice to flow.

hope you figure out whats causing your problem :)

Lone_Dawg

Member For 1 Year
Hello and thanks for the replies! I remember that when I bought the coil the guy at the shop told me pour 2-3 drops of juice inside of it. It seemed weird at the time since I never did it but I followed his advice and seems like this is causing the problems. Today I changed the coil, primed it properly and I also thoroughly cleaned the atomizer. The e-cig works better than it worked when I bought it. I also changed the juice to Pinky Vape's Drag On 0 mg and poured 1 ml of the Mother Waffler to have a bit of throat hit. It works and the wick cotton isn't that dirty. Also, the tank isn't leaking anymore.

It was really dumb of me to pour liquid inside the coil...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
High VG juice? Those tanks/coils work best at around 50% vg.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello and thanks for the replies! I remember that when I bought the coil the guy at the shop told me pour 2-3 drops of juice inside of it. It seemed weird at the time since I never did it but I followed his advice and seems like this is causing the problems. Today I changed the coil, primed it properly and I also thoroughly cleaned the atomizer. The e-cig works better than it worked when I bought it. I also changed the juice to Pinky Vape's Drag On 0 mg and poured 1 ml of the Mother Waffler to have a bit of throat hit. It works and the wick cotton isn't that dirty. Also, the tank isn't leaking anymore.

It was really dumb of me to pour liquid inside the coil...
Yes pouring liquid into the coil is usually a bad idea. Can flood the coil if the cotton wicks the juice but not all the way. I just prime by putting little drops on the cotton holes that the juice will feed into.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors