VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/29312667/2015/06/13/e-cigarette

This is a good story warning parents that like everything else bad for kids that eliquid should be kept up and away from toddlers.

Except for this one line.

They can't just say normal shit and give real good info even when warning people about vaping.

"That is because the little containers of e-cigarette liquid have a lot of nicotine. They can seem like candy to kids."

This comment makes 0 sense.

Because eliquid has a LOT (A whole 3.6% MAX) of nicotine, kids think its candy?

We could say: Because whiskey has a LOT of alcohol in it kids think it's kool aid.

We could say: Because playboy has a lot of nekkid ladies in it, kids think it's paper.

You get the stupidity of the sentence genius Dr. Kimberlie Graeme was quoted as saying.

I would state (if I were a doctor being quoted by a news station) that since eliquid comes in bright bottles, may have cute images, may smell good, etc.. that it may appear as candy (a sugary drink or treat is more like it) to a toddler.

I would never state that somehow a toddler magically knows that the eliquid with the highest nicotine (3.6% per bottle MAX) content "seems like candy"!!! - 5150

We all know that they say shit like "in the last decade child eliquid poisonings are up 10,000%"

We all know that 10 year ago there was no such thing as eliquid so 10,000% doesn't mean shit.

We all know that "Poisonings are up" mean calls to poison control are up.

They could be anything from "hey A drop of eliquid squirted out on to my kids hand" or "I found this shit in my 13 yr olds room WTF is it?"

All the way to:

We had 100mg/mg nic base from heartland vapes that we decided it would be smarter to put in a bottle with a cork on it.
We just grabbed the Sponge Bob DVD turned to put in the DVD player and in that nic of time the bottle must have flipped out of the box when we grabbed the DVD, tumbled through the air, and landed top up uncorked in the 18 month old toddlers lap.
Just as quick as we turned around from hitting play on the DVD we tuned back and the 18 month old toddler was dead.

People in New York told the police that story and they are not in jail for murder, manslaughter, not even child neglect.

They went as far as saying they are even going to sue heartland vapes because they knew that the top on the bottle (that they were no longer using because they had that shit in a bottle with a cork) wasn't childproof even know they never found the top (or the cork)

This of course is the only "accidental" death in the history of vaping.

We also know that eliquid sure as hell isn't the boogeyman they are making it out to be.

BUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC, THE 95% THAT DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT VAPING IS ABOUT BELIEVES EACH AND EVERY PIECE OF PROPAGANDA AND DEMONIZATION THAT THE ALA, ACS, CDC, FDA,PUBLIC HEALTH, AND TOBACCO CONTROL CAN THROW AT THEM - 5150

VU Sponsors