Become a Patron!

e-cigarette suicide

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the nicotine level was only near lethal, then it was the alcohol which killed him...

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What the hell does somebody drinking straight nicotine, mixed with alcohol, have to do with e-cigarettes? That's like saying automobiles are responsible for fires deliberately started using gasoline as an accelerant. Gimme a break.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What the hell does somebody drinking straight nicotine, mixed with alcohol, have to do with e-cigarettes? That's like saying automobiles are responsible for fires deliberately started using gasoline as an accelerant. Gimme a break.
+1

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a call from sheeple bleeting about bullshit they have no clue.
1. the dude was gunna kill himself one way or another.
2. dude was a fucking grade a lush, sounds like he drank himself to death,.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He could have ingested drain cleaner, no one "legislates" that. Or just drinking nonstop would have eventually killed him, and alcohol is perfectly legal. No one ever hanged themselves with "banned rope".....the idiot did what he wanted to do.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He could have ingested drain cleaner, no one "legislates" that. Or just drinking nonstop would have eventually killed him, and alcohol is perfectly legal. No one ever hanged themselves with "banned rope".....the idiot did what he wanted to do.
What does legislation have to do with the article?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The subject's brother said he thinks nicotine should be "legislated," did you actually read the article?
He said there should be warning labels. How does that translate to a ban?
Oh, I see. I actually think vape shops who make e-liquid should be regulated similar to food establishments...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because it sounds like the same shit and banter that's up in the air over here.
Must everyone explain every thought or intention with every single post made in every thread? This is beginning to feel like any given conversation with my mother, nothing is stated or worded properly, everyone else is always wrong, and you're more intelligent than any of the rest of us. Always a critique of anyone's thoughts or opinions.... it gets old, lighten up.
You read and understood what you wanted and so did I.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because it sounds like the same shit and banter that's up in the air over here.
Must everyone explain every thought or intention with every single post made in every thread? This is beginning to feel like any given conversation with my mother, nothing is stated or worded properly, everyone else is always wrong, and you're more intelligent than any of the rest of us. Always a critique of anyone's thoughts or opinions.... it gets old, lighten up.
You read and understood what you wanted and so did I.
I still don't understand how warning labels and licensing to mix e-liquid equal bans...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The topic is someone drank too much alcohol and died. Near lethal levels of nicotine was found in his system. How that translates to a ban, I don't know. The Daily Mail got the title incorrect...

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still don't understand how warning labels and licensing to mix e-liquid equal bans...

Because once you start legislating over a hand full of complete idiots...it inevitably screws it all up for everybody else who is responsible and has common sense about what they are doing. It also doesn't help that the people who are legislating don't seem to understand the things they are legislating, only being led by special interests who give money to their campaigns. We already have to fight the "saving the children" propaganda battle.... among other things. Publicity over this kind of stuff just gives the "anti" people more ammunition to come after us, and yes, that kind if thing is JUST what they like to use so that they can to try to initiate bans. The guy supposedly texted his brother a picture of the warning label on the eliquid bottle the night before he did it. He knew what he was doing and nothing ANYBODY from the ecig industry could have done differently to make this guy not kill himself if that's what he was intent on doing. This isn't about warning labels. If you read the last paragraph, they are lobbying to have e-cigs considered drugs so that can be even MORE heavily regulated. Sounds like that's the world you want to live in Steve. Sorry but 99.99999% of us DON'T.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because once you start legislating over a hand full of complete idiots...it inevitably screws it all up for everybody else who is responsible and has common sense about what they are doing. It also doesn't help that the people who are legislating don't seem to understand the things they are legislating, only being led by special interests who give money to their campaigns. We already have to fight the "saving the children" propaganda battle.... among other things. Publicity over this kind of stuff just gives the "anti" people more ammunition to come after us, and yes, that kind if thing is JUST what they like to use so that they can to try to initiate bans. The guy supposedly texted his brother a picture of the warning label on the eliquid bottle the night before he did it. He knew what he was doing and nothing ANYBODY from the ecig industry could have done differently to make this guy not kill himself if that's what he was intent on doing. This isn't about warning labels. If you read the last paragraph, they are lobbying to have e-cigs considered drugs so that can be even MORE heavily regulated. Sounds like that's the world you want to live in Steve. Sorry but 99.99999% of us DON'T.
Should the media be censored or forbidden from reporting such stories?
The UK is already going to regulate e-nic as a medical product...I'd never live in the UK...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steve I see you have graduated this week from a FUCKING CREEP to a FUCKING IDIOT CREEP. Why do you persist in being a pain in the ass everyday of the week?
If this is the attitude of most vapers, perhaps vaping should be banned... Seems vaping causes anger issues with some...

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh it's not just in the UK...it's EVERYWHERE. We have the same covert bullshit happening here in the US and vaping is all but locked down in Australia. I guess I'm wondering just what your "point" here is? Anybody who supports vaping and has even a little common sense should be able to see this article for what it is and be outraged about it.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMG...it was right there all along..look at his signature. ANTS....how funny. Wow, I must be tired tonight. Should have seen that A MILE away.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh it's not just in the UK...it's EVERYWHERE. We have the same covert bullshit happening here in the US and vaping is all but locked down in Australia. I guess I'm wondering just what your "point" here is? Anybody who supports vaping and has even a little common sense should be able to see this article for what it is and be outraged about it.
I stated the title of the article and assumption is factually incorrect. The man died from alcohol poisoning.
I'm not an activist and believe in freedom of the press and expression, whether correct or incorrect. I don't see how news articles result in bans, however...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, I just think Joe should create a vote off the forum button. Then we can all wave goodbye to you.
There is such a thing as the ignore button... I do find it amusing, however, those outraged by government regulation are in favor of banning those whose views they disagree with...

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FTLOG now hes on another thread being a dick!!!!!!

ANd all your for regulation bullshit. MOST vapers would agree with some regulation in the industry. labeling, not selling to minors, not marketing to kids etc. the deeming fda proposal as written has that damn 2007 date init which is the issue not the actual details of it, if that date were say oh 2012 or 13 it would get a lot less attention. and dont pretend to not understand why.

your just trying to pick an argument where there isnt one to be had.

and i will even give you the point, that the gov't probably doesnt want to get rid of vaping. It would cost them even more tax dollars. they want to tax the hell out of juice,but if we dont have devices we want to use the juice with, theres an issue. SO they will probably change the date or do something to keep the industry alive, they are just hoping some idiot company or 3 will pony up the money to get a few devices passed their regulations first.

you know you could express your opinion even when it seems contrary to the general consensus of this forum w/o being a dick,w/o insulting other people's opinions and intelligence and you could possible have a very informative enlightening discussion with many people here, and others could learn something.

Instead you be a dick, how about trying a different route in the future

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty sure the topic is about a man in the UK who drank himself to death and swallowed some e-liquid, not regulation in the US... Is the article bad for vaping? Not so much, as it was the alcohol which killed him...

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just saw his other threads Matt. I haven't been around much lately and thought this was a legit discussion...silly me..LOL Yeah...just another miserable human being that gets no respect in real life and comes to message boards to stir the pot and get any kind of reaction that he can. Sad.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just saw his other threads Matt. I haven't been around much lately and thought this was a legit discussion...silly me..LOL Yeah...just another miserable human being that gets no respect in real life and comes to message boards to stir the pot and get any kind of reaction that he can. Sad.
I thought it was a legitimate discussion until my stalkers showed up...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OMG, only you would think so high of yourself to think anyone would spend any time stalking you. Seriously ? You are delusional Steve.
It started at post #19...

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
j6iSKtL.jpg

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see the circle jerks have arrived. Carry on losers...

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All people are going to see when they look at the page is "E-Cigarette Suicide"

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh wow, I wish I could say I was shocked..... Reckon someone has a quota to meet.
6f9b41e82bee4452c0555ee78000e316.jpg

Last edited:

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years
If the nicotine level was only near lethal, then it was the alcohol which killed him...

"Mr Keen had died as a result of nicotine and alcohol toxicity"

so said the article

Every year you see the amount of alcohol poisonings from all those fraternities and college club type initiations. Hundreds of them litter the news archives. Today is very different than 30 years ago. If we knew then what we know now, cigarettes and probably alcohol would be either made illegal, or banned and regulated in much more serious ways than they are now. The only thing that keeps them "alive" is the very powerful lobby groups and big $$$ therein.

I am always surprised, given the number of years vaping has been popular, why the industry as a whole hasn't joined together, pooled their $$ (there's got to be quite a LOT of it by now) and hired the lobbyists and attorneys that most industries avail themselves of?

I suspect it is just not very well-organized yet, as an industry......or......too new......OR ......... many of the people in it are looking to make a fast buck and then get out. Then they can move on to something else.

Something else? Sure. That is how it's done.

I mean, it's not like NJOY's investment backers are "passionately into vaping"......it's just another good vehicle for them to cash in.......before it was facebook or Paypal or Napster or whatever. (Unless you guys think the ones dropping millions into the vaping industry actually vape, or even care about vaping or YOU. )

Before slick ad copy about eliquid, Five Pawns was doing the same thing with wine. Somebody else was doing it with specialty coffees before there was even a Starbucks. It's about watching trends and getting in on the profit.

Niche industries, esp. if they deal with things like caffeine or nicotine or alcohol........ are usually money makers. for obvious reasons! ;)

And, because most of these companies are not publically traded, most vapers really do not know exactly how much "investment dollars" are being put forth, and by whom. Some of you seem to think this industry is filled with little mom n' pop types struggling along on their weekly earnings or something. :rolleyes: Look behind the curtain. you don't build out 3-4 new facilities, clean rooms, storefronts in several states, etc. w/out " a little help from your friends". There are some big money backers behind all of them, don't kid yourself.

There are entreprenuers who just move from one "the next big thing" to another. THAT is how they make money. And because they have $$ they have access to making political "friends".

5 years from now, the landscape will be different, 60% or more of the ones making their first cool millions or billions will have moved on to something else..................the next big thing..........and will leave vapers flat in the dust. Because they really only care about keeping their own money train healthy and in action......they aren't fighting the same fight as you are, just trying to stay off the smokes.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Mr Keen had died as a result of nicotine and alcohol toxicity"

so said the article

Every year you see the amount of alcohol poisonings from all those fraternities and college club type initiations. Hundreds of them litter the news archives. Today is very different than 30 years ago. If we knew then what we know now, cigarettes and probably alcohol would be either made illegal, or banned and regulated in much more serious ways than they are now. The only thing that keeps them "alive" is the very powerful lobby groups and big $$$ therein.

I am always surprised, given the number of years vaping has been popular, why the industry as a whole hasn't joined together, pooled their $$ (there's got to be quite a LOT of it by now) and hired the lobbyists and attorneys that most industries avail themselves of?

I suspect it is just not very well-organized yet, as an industry......or......too new......OR ......... many of the people in it are looking to make a fast buck and then get out. Then they can move on to something else.

Something else? Sure. That is how it's done.

I mean, it's not like NJOY's investment backers are "passionately into vaping"......it's just another good vehicle for them to cash in.......before it was facebook or Paypal or Napster or whatever. (Unless you guys think the ones dropping millions into the vaping industry actually vape, or even care about vaping or YOU. )

Before slick ad copy about eliquid, Five Pawns was doing the same thing with wine. Somebody else was doing it with specialty coffees before there was even a Starbucks. It's about watching trends and getting in on the profit.

Niche industries, esp. if they deal with things like caffeine or nicotine or alcohol........ are usually money makers. for obvious reasons! ;)

And, because most of these companies are not publically traded, most vapers really do not know exactly how much "investment dollars" are being put forth, and by whom. Some of you seem to think this industry is filled with little mom n' pop types struggling along on their weekly earnings or something. :rolleyes: Look behind the curtain. you don't build out 3-4 new facilities, clean rooms, storefronts in several states, etc. w/out " a little help from your friends". There are some big money backers behind all of them, don't kid yourself.

There are entreprenuers who just move from one "the next big thing" to another. THAT is how they make money. And because they have $$ they have access to making political "friends".

5 years from now, the landscape will be different, 60% or more of the ones making their first cool millions or billions will have moved on to something else..................the next big thing..........and will leave vapers flat in the dust. Because they really only care about keeping their own money train healthy and in action......they aren't fighting the same fight as you are, just trying to stay off the smokes.
I was going by the line which stated he had near lethal levels of nicotine in his system. It may well be that near lethal levels of nicotine plus near lethal levels of alcohol equal death, however...
I do think the bulk nicotine sellers will be out of business, or significantly scaled down and only sell to licensed e-liquid manufacturers...

VU Sponsors