Become a Patron!

E-Juice Complaints

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is it that most vape stores mix e-juice that does not seem the quality vape of a more established vendor like Uncle Junks? I began vaping maybe three weeks ago and am struggling to find other quality juice at reasonable prices? DIY shops don't seem to have the POP that i am looking for. Why is this? I can order online but then can't tell beforehand if i am even going to like what i buy...

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Those vape stores, you are talking about, are only interested in making some quick and easy money. Therefore, they buy cheap ingredients, and try to use as little flavoring as possible.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When I bought eJuice, I made also sure, the ingredients were produced either in the USA, or well known Europian countries, due to higher Health Control Standards. I don't trust cheap China juice, for those reasons.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy my juice from established manufactures with a track record of quality and consistent flavors. When I bought some juice from a local shop who made their own, the flavor was always different. Even when I ordered the same flavor and same nic level, it tasted different from the last batch, also color was lighter, thicker, etc. Ill pay a little more for well made e-liquid. Example, Monkey Snack from Ripe Vapes. Expensive, but you can taste the quality ingredients.

adamwineguy

Founder, 10 Vape Commandments
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You even have to be aware of some of the "top producers". For example, most are probably familiar with Suicide Bunny. They're under some heat for making their juice in sub-par facilities... eyeballing nicotine, vg/pg and flavor levels, stuff you would more commonly see from shops that mix their own "house" juice.

And for vape shops offering house juices, some are great others are terrible. Like stated above, it's all about the quality of ingredients. Some might boast a max vg blend that is in reality made from industrial quality vg.

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Charlie noble makes some good stuff and they have sample packs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^ Siren Song puts my taste buds on sensory overload....

DIY is lots of fun. I have 5 10 15 and 30 ml (50ml on the way) bottles at arms reach. Takes about 5 minuets to make 10 different bottles...

904ECE69-8557-40E4-B520-2DC834D13A3A-4536-0000018919B00AC8_zpsstptf0rq.jpg

2E9BC223-1B93-4CC3-BA0A-2EEE7BC5F4BE-4536-0000024225F8DCED_zpspt0ahya9.jpg

All that being said I still do buy juice from companies. I recently bought some from a company called Hermetic Steam that I found here. Its nice because Im poor and even tho I might not be any good at mixing my own juices, the forum runs greats promotions and sales regularly. IF you are diligent enough you'll find one that does everything for you and doesn't hurt the wallet :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all a matter of opinion. Different people like different things. I loved Mt Baker Vapor juice when I was buying juice, it is very cheap and I loved the taste. But many others think it is crap compared to the more expensive 'premium' juices. But me? I tried many 'premium' juices and barely found anything that I liked more then MBV juice.

Now I make my own and while others may not like it much, I love it.
I make my own juice the way I want to suit my own tastes.

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No complaints on this flavor :)

IMG_0261_zpsvikqp14v.jpg

Yes, is that the Streak? I'm really digging that juice as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what most are saying here is either premium juices or diy...sometimes people just like what they like?
What about diy to get started? How much cheaper is it really? Can a novice make premium juice?
Before i forget to mention...y'all are pretty awesome sharing on this forum. I'm a fairly quick study and a sponge for learning. So i thank everyone who has and is sharing. Just did want to forget to share the love is all...

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're interested in learning more about DIY start here...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-begin-diy-simple-guide-with-links.2303/

It is an outstanding thread with a great deal of very valuable information... basically what got me into DIY! my upfront cost to get started was around $50-60 and that included PG, VG, Nicotine, flavors, syringes, empty bottles and several flavor concentrates...

I've only been doing it myself for about 4 days, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it!!! Never mind the money I'm saving from not going to my local vape shop for juice!!!

My only warning is that this can become what some would call a slippery slope... I've already got a large order of flavors waiting to be ordered... only waiting on one flavor to come back in stock and I'll be making another purchase...

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all part of the advancement you make when vaping.
cig-a-likes->egos->mods+good tanks->dripping
cheap juice -> premium juice -> diy
Of course, steps may be skipped or you could stop at an earlier step if your satisfied.

I started dabbling in making my own liquids around Feb, but it wasn't until April that I really got into it.
It can cost a lot of money to get started in it, but it does save money in the long run.

I've spent a total of $617.29 on DIY stuff so far.
I have made 4,635ml of liquid at a cost of $0.13 per ml.
I still have enough stuff to make another 6,305ml of liquid.
Overall, $617.29 for 10,940ml of liquid at a cost of $0.05 per ml. That's only $1.50 per 30ml

blak1508

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You even have to be aware of some of the "top producers". For example, most are probably familiar with Suicide Bunny. They're under some heat for making their juice in sub-par facilities... eyeballing nicotine, vg/pg and flavor levels, stuff you would more commonly see from shops that mix their own "house" juice.

And for vape shops offering house juices, some are great others are terrible. Like stated above, it's all about the quality of ingredients. Some might boast a max vg blend that is in reality made from industrial quality vg.
May I ask where you acquired that info, from a reliable source or just Vape store talk? Not that I am disagreeing with you, just kinda shocked. The Cloud Company SB's sister company makes my favorite juice Arise and I just hope they remain GTG. One of the Vape stories around me was saying something to the extent of SB have gone commercial but I kinda brushed it off as BS, now I am starting to think there is some validity in the claim

blak1508

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the info, looks like I am late to the party lol. No, really I appreciate the information, looks like ill be looking for a new company

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, it's sad. Luckily there's literally thousands of other killer brands out there to try. Or if you really want to know what's in your juice, make it yourself :)

blak1508

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Seems like I am headed there if the laws of progression hold true ....I will not buy shit from them anymore, so this forum prob saved me from popcorn lung today, what has it done for you ?

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So what most are saying here is either premium juices or diy...sometimes people just like what they like?
<snip>

Many stores make eliquids that are as good as any 'premium' brand. You just have to find the right store.

Heck, what makes a juice 'premium'? Flavor? PG/VG ratio? Consistency? Dedicated lab room? Certified clean room? Fancy bottles? Cost? Marketing? USP PG and/or VG? Over 99% pure nicotine? There's no set standard.

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im not one to go out and spend a crap load of money on juice ,im always looking for cheap and flavorfull,i had my fair share of all grades of juice (or should i say price levels) from cheap to expensive,,i have my go to juice companies that i save tons of money and if i find a expensive flavor i like i look for a cheaper clone out there ,,,, but............everywhere i ever tried no one ,and i mean no one has made a juice that for a cheaper price vapes or tastes like sb's mothers milk and i tried many

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many stores make eliquids that are as good as any 'premium' brand. You just have to find the right store.

Heck, what makes a juice 'premium'? Flavor? PG/VG ratio? Consistency? Dedicated lab room? Certified clean room? Fancy bottles? Cost? Marketing? USP PG and/or VG? Over 99% pure nicotine? There's no set standard.
When you print the word "premium" on the bottle, I guess that makes it premium juice and it can be sold for much much more...;)

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im not one to go out and spend a crap load of money on juice ,im always looking for cheap and flavorfull,i had my fair share of all grades of juice (or should i say price levels) from cheap to expensive,,i have my go to juice companies that i save tons of money and if i find a expensive flavor i like i look for a cheaper clone out there ,,,, but............everywhere i ever tried no one ,and i mean no one has made a juice that for a cheaper price vapes or tastes like sb's mothers milk and i tried many

There's tons that beat Mother's Milk by a mile in my opinion. Smax Pony on Acid, Cuttwood Unicorn Milk, Lost Fog Streak (made by Cosmic Fog)... There's tons. And I'm not talking SB clones, rather other brands that took that theme of berries and cream and spun it in their own direction. The slammer is the Lost Fog Streak. Limited Edition, and rather curious **wink, wink** that they produced this right after all the crap came down on SB. It's Cosmic Fog's way of saying "screw you, SB." Flavor profile matches Mother's Milk, but in its own unique way.

Once SB got big, they started cutting corners wherever possible. Shwag ingredients. Producing it in garages with dirty hippies getting their grubby hands all over it. Forgetting about sanitation and quality control. They don't measure ratios properly.

Once a juice that was the golden standard for a "premium", has now been all but outlawed in the best of shops in my area.

Everyone has their own choice and taste. But one of the things we fight for every day as vapers is education and promoting a practice that leads to healthier lifestyles. And hell, vaping is FUN!! SB just threw this concept out the window.

//end rant hahaha

djmunster

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im looking for a cheaper (maybe better for you ? lol )mothers milk
i tried most of the others (good stuff) just not mothers milk (im not looking for it spun in their own way)
im only bringing up mothers milk because every other premium flavor i had i found cheaper exact clones that im happy with
just not mothers milk

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im looking for a cheaper (maybe better for you ? lol )mothers milk
i tried most of the others (good stuff) just not mothers milk (im not looking for it spun in their own way)
im only bringing up mothers milk because every other premium flavor i had i found cheaper exact clones that im happy with
just not mothers milk
Check out Jimmy The Juice Man "Strawberry Astronaut". Killer prices at ejuicedirect.com

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think to respond to barbara...when i think of premium, I think of a true mix of flavors. Each hit from my sub nano i perceive nuances or subtleties in flavors combined in such a way as to take vaping to the next level of experience. This is distinct from just tobacco flavor or just vanilla etc... I do realize that some of this is subjective but some of it is not. I believe many could probably diy some juice but premium would in my expectation would be...art

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fogboss karma boss.. uncle junks's jon wayne...united vapors insignia (subtle). Jon wayne favorite to date. I do not care for any "house" juice to date. There seem to be a handful of premium ejuice suppliers that stand out from others. Cosmic fog...five pawns etc

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The reason most e-liquid that is made in brick and mortar shops tastes different from PREMIUM liquid, is because it is NOT premium liquid.

First, let's be clear about what premium e-liquid is. There are two categories of e-liquid, as far as most are concerned. There is e-juice, and then there is premium e-juice. Regular e-juice (NON premium) is basically VG and/or PG, with or without nic, and 1-3 flavors. Often times they are simple recipes, such as Grape flavor, Butterscotch, Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate Pudding, Blueberry Cheesecake, etc. In order to create them, the seller basically buys the flavor such as "Grape" and adds it to the mix, and thats it. That is a regular e-liquid.

Now, a premium e-liquid takes experience, time, and trial and error. Now don't get me wrong....MOST brick and mortar shops will ATTEMPT to create premium e-liquids. The problem is.....they don't have the experience, they don't put in the proper time, and they certainly don't go through the extensive trial and error a company like Five Pawns, or Suicide Bunny, or Space Jam goes through. They might throw together 5-6 flavors, try to balance it a little until it tastes okay, and then slap a funny name on it, and sell it. Make no mistake....this is NOT a premium e-liquid.

A premium e-liquid isn't premium because it has more ingredients/flavors. EACH flavor must blend well, and the ENTIRE mix must be PERFECTLY balanced. When an e-liquid has a UNIQUE flavor profile, fused together from several different flavors, and balanced perfectly....it becomes a PREMIUM e-liquid.

Now, I hope that answers your question.

One example of a company that is local to me, that does what I mentioned above, is Vaperite (not to put anyone on blast, sorry guys). I order their Watermelon ALL THE TIME, because they make the best damn watermelon I've ever tried.....but when it comes to premium e-liquids, yuck. I'll stick to the companies that do it right :) Again, not trying to put anyone on blast, my experience with vaperite isn't unique.....MOST brick and mortar shops don't compare to premium e-liquid vendors.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This raises two points.

First is the overuse of the term. Everyone labels their juice as 'premium' until now it's at the point where it doesn't mean anything. It's simply a marketing term.

Second, just because a liquid is 'premium' to you, doesn't mean others taste it the same way. Obviously there's differences in people's mods and the fact that liquids taste different in different setups. But people taste things differently even if everything is exactly the same. What might taste 'balanced' to you might taste overwhelmingly of one flavor to me.

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
<snip>
A premium e-liquid isn't premium because it has more ingredients/flavors. EACH flavor must blend well, and the ENTIRE mix must be PERFECTLY balanced. When an e-liquid has a UNIQUE flavor profile, fused together from several different flavors, and balanced perfectly....it becomes a PREMIUM e-liquid.

This about sums it up for me. Couldn't have been better said. Some of these juice producers go to great lengths to come up with new, unique and high quality products. Often they bring masters of the trade in to concoct these blends. And by masters, I mean highly experienced juice makers that understand the concept of "balance" very well.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's all part of the advancement you make when vaping.
cig-a-likes->egos->mods+good tanks->dripping
cheap juice -> premium juice -> diyl
I strongly disagree with this. I don't want this taken the wrong way, this is just my opinion. Let me translate this.

cheap->moderately expensive->expensive
cheap->moderately expensive->dirtcheap

Cig-a-likes largely have garbage china made liquid. Then I upgrade to ego style and local vape shop juice. Better, but I need more. So finally I plop down the cash for a good mod and dripper... and fill it with something I whip up in the garage for a nickle a mil? Not me. I'm vaping on a $160 mod right now with a $120 atomizer. I paid this money so I could maximize my vape, not so I could fill it with some cheap sub-par liquid.

Now, that having been said some people are exceptionally skilled at making liquids, and make juices that they love to vape at a very low price. More power to them. This is not, however, the natural progression of vaping. This is a rarity. Much like a guy who builds mods that all his friends drool over. For every guy that makes that mod there are 50 guys who make mods that their friends would be scared to hit the fire button on.

If you want to try DIY than go ahead, but understand that it isn't cheap starting out and if you are picky about flavors you are more likely to fail than to succeed. There are plenty of vendors out there that sell very good juices at reasonable prices. Ahlusion, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, Mountain Oak Vapors, and The Plume Room are a few but there are many more. If you try diy and aren't satisfied with the results, I would recommend trying some of these guys out.

If you want to try ejuicedirect out here's a $5 off code 886009605
You can get milkman for $49 . It takes 3 days time total from paying to doorstep. Not a huge selection but im sure it will get bigger the more customers they get. Hopefully more places will do this instead of my local BM store charging me double on everything.

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to try ejuicedirect out here's a $5 off code 886009605 <snip>

I LOVE ejuicedirect. Killer prices! If there's juice you don't see, hit up Felix and he'll add it to his request list. He just got Lost Fog Streak in, get some while the gettin's good.

And Milkman is $14.50 ;)

Last edited:
I asked Felix if he would ever get the 250 ml cereal killa but he just said no with no reason or anything like thanks for your business but not currently just no. Haha. Weird.

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Strange. Maybe he was havin a bad day haha.

2easy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why is it that most vape stores mix e-juice that does not seem the quality vape of a more established vendor like Uncle Junks? I began vaping maybe three weeks ago and am struggling to find other quality juice at reasonable prices? DIY shops don't seem to have the POP that i am looking for. Why is this? I can order online but then can't tell beforehand if i am even going to like what i buy...

And thus the journey begins.There are some things in life one must find themselves.The real fun is not in the finding,it is in the searching.Have lots and lots of fun..Happy vaping Cheers

2easy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I buy my juice from established manufactures with a track record of quality and consistent flavors. When I bought some juice from a local shop who made their own, the flavor was always different. Even when I ordered the same flavor and same nic level, it tasted different from the last batch, also color was lighter, thicker, etc. Ill pay a little more for well made e-liquid. Example, Monkey Snack from Ripe Vapes. Expensive, but you can taste the quality ingredients.
Unfortunately expensive doesn't garunty ? quality.Just look at the trouble 5pawns is in.Shame Shame Shame!!!!!

2easy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Again,check out the trouble 5 pawns is in.their greed is kicking them in the head right now.Happy vaping and Cheers

I've been vaping for 4 years. Went through the same issue. I recently came across a company called Smokeless aces and every single one of their liquids I had tried taste exactly like the description. Tons of flavor that really last. They have about 80 flavors to choose from. Now I compare every liquid I try to them. You should give them a shot. You can order online.

adamwineguy

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Again,check out the trouble 5 pawns is in.their greed is kicking them in the head right now.Happy vaping and Cheers

Yeah, I failed to mention the testing of SB revealed troubling levels of DA and AP. very similar situation to 5 Pawns. Of course, after outside testing, SB released their "own" results showing practically no DA or AP levels. I'm not vaping any of that shit anymore (although neither SB or 5P were ever on my list of top juices).

Happy vaping all :)

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No complaints on this flavor :)

@kwtony - This is my ADV. Be aware that the original, authentic ejuice is named 'STREEK' as shown on Lost Fog's website, not StreAk, which I could swear is a CLONE. STREEK has authenticity RED stamping to the right of the front label. StreAk (Streak) has nothing. Also, the original bottle has a darker gold label. I gook several shots of the bottles just now. I have 2 empty bottles, one of each name. BUT, the UPC is the same on both bottles.

I also found that when I finally find it at a vape shop with the 'real', STREEK it is wrapped in plastic whereas STREAK is not. STREEK is very hard to find vs. STREAK. I have to tell them to look at the right side of the bottle for the red markings. I feel better knowing it's a true original, even though Lost Fog may have changed the label (which I doubt) as Streak. If you have previous bottles that you still holding on to, take a look. I'm going to see if I can get an answer directly from Lost Art about this. I just bought 7 bottles, assured by the vender that it was STREEK. He must have only looked at the real one and not the other Steak behind it. I'll report back if I know something.

Please chime in if you've got the same issue. I Love this ejuice! It rolls off your tongue like silk.

IMG_0261_zpsvikqp14v.jpg

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought that bottle from Vapor Shark down in Key West... while i dont have the empty any more i do recall it not tasting exactly like the first few bottles i bought before from an online vendor. I thought it was strange but it was still pretty good. I guess there is always a chance that it was a clone, i dot recall any red writing on the lable tho...hmmmm

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I know what you mean. Once you have the original, "Streak" just quite doesn't cut it. I just took photos but they are too large. Need to resize but need to rest my screwed up back first. Will post in about 2 hours (9pm Eastern). I'm SO glad you confirmed my opinion. Owner of Vape shop here kept telling me, "No. It's just a different label!" I told him over and over that it's not. We'll find out the real answer, kwtony. Chat later....

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, I looked on LostFogs website and it surely says STREEK as does their facebook photos. While the first 10 other vendors I looked at said STREAK....I have to admit, it is pretty strange, I wonder what the deal with this is. I just messaged them to see if they might be able to shed some light on the issue.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a response from the people at Lost Fog

"Hey Tony, thanks for reaching out. We changed the flavor name to STREEK a little while after release, some vendors are still selling it under Streak because it is from the first initial batch. Sorry for the confusion this has caused."

VU Sponsors