Become a Patron!

E liquid help please :)

Hi Im having a bit of trouble with some e liquids ones I buy from shops and also ones I make myself, I keep getting a weird scratchy feeling in my throat so after some research came across people sayin could be the pg so Im now vaping 80/20 and still happens it's not the coil they get changed all the time, Iv also tried cutting nicotine down to 3mg in my tank and still the same, Im Gonna end up going back to cigarettes haha, using an rx200s with TFV8 running around 70-100w mixing my own juices I always use 20% flavouring some people said 15% is where I should go so made some last night and still the same any help would be great and sorry about very long post thanks

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds really high on flavorings %, but I am not a DIY'er , you could also be sensitive to either the flavorings or the PG or the VG, high PG will make me cough alot so I use a higher VG mix, maybe try different ratio mixtures until you find one that works for you.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different concentrate brands need different % for example Capella and tpa you can go 20% with no problem but flavour art and inawera 20% would be little high which could give you a harsh mix.also citrus flavours can give a bit of a kick to the throat so that may be it.or you may be pg intolerant so may have to vape max vg liquids.a few company's do vg based flavorings now and you can also get your nicotine in vg.if you do get vg based nic shake the hell out of it before mixing because its more viscous than pg you can get pockets of nicotine which will give you a wrong mg per ml.I prefer pg based nic but if your having trouble with pg then vg maybe the only way to go.but before you give up and go back on the cancer sticks try a few different methods of mixing and different ratios of pre mixed juice.hope I've helped and good luck.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since both the premade and the DIY juice are doing it it's probably not the ratio of flavoring. The ratio depends entirely on the flavoring and can run from as little as 1% to as much as 25%. The constant here is your equipment. It may be that your throat just doesn't care for sub ohm high wattage vaping. Just because it works for others doesn't mean it will work for you. Everyone's different. You may want to experiment with higher resistance coils and lower wattage rather than revert to the stinkies.

Thanks for all the messages it's just weird cause I can vape Cerberus (vape domain) totally fine with the same pg
Vg etc but seems to be more certain flavours but it's more flavour than just the odd 1-2 I seem to be total fine with things with mint

VU Sponsors