Become a Patron!

Easy way to add nicotine to store bought juices?

levander

Member For 4 Years
For reasons I'll explain, I need some juices at 9mg nicotine. Unfortunately, the vast majority of places only sell it at 6 or 12mg. I guess I could buy one bottle of 6, another bottle of 12, mix the two in a third bigger bottle, shake well, then refill the original two bottles. But I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to buy a bottle of nicotine, then add a few drops of nicotine to whatever bottle of 6mg nicotine I buy?

If someone could post instructions on how to add nicotine to an existing bottle of juice I'd appreciate it. I need to know measurements, any equipment I'd need, etc.. I've never done any DIY juice before at all. So I need to know almost the baby steps.

The reason I need 9mg juice is because I've basically gotten hooked on some NET juices from Mountain Oak Vapors and want to get off. I find the NET juices more addicting than regular vape juices. When I walk around vaping 6mg juice, I start craving my 9mg Mountain Oak Vapor NET juices. I had a vendor, The Plume Room, specially adjust their juice for me to 9mg, and I can walk around vaping that and I forget my NET juices... The reason why 9mg is the magic number seems to be that Mountain Oak Vapors only makes my NET juices in 0,9, or 18mg, and I've been walking around vaping it at 9mg. Cutting down to 6mg AND forgoing whatever else it is that's addictive in the NET toboccos seems to be too much for me...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not sure where you get your juice, but 3 mg juice is a standard for the vast majority of vendors I know - check to make sure you can't get 6mg and 3mg juices, and simply mix.

Frankly, you are probably better off making your own juice from scratch if you are dead set on hitting 9 mg and the above method is not feasible.

If you faves are not available in 3 and 6 mg respectively, you can use an online calculator to tell you how much nicotine base you can add to the 6 mg to get you up to 9 mg - the amount of nicotine base you would add to the juice depends on the the number of mgs in the base. A good calculator will tell you.

I like this one, because it is compatible with Mac - but there are many others http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

For instance, .93 ml of 100 mg nic base added to a 30 ml bottle of 6 mg juice will bring it up to a 9 mg juice.

Making your own is probably easier in the end :)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How much you would need to add will depend on the strength of your nic base and the size of the bottle of juice. I personally prefer 100mg/ml nic as I find it more economical for DIY. You could download an ejuice calculator like eJUice Me Up to help you figure it out, but for example, with 100mg/ml nic 3.6ml will give you 3mg nic for a 120ml bottle of juice. If you're starting with a zero nic juice it would be triple that amount to give you 9mg. All you would really need is the nicotine (i prefer nic in a PG base as it's easier to measure by syringe), a couple of syringes, and a blunt tip needle.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
How much you would need to add will depend on the strength of your nic base and the size of the bottle of juice. I personally prefer 100mg/ml nic as I find it more economical for DIY. You could download an ejuice calculator like eJUice Me Up to help you figure it out, but for example, with 100mg/ml nic 3.6ml will give you 3mg nic for a 120ml bottle of juice. If you're starting with a zero nic juice it would be triple that amount to give you 9mg. All you would really need is the nicotine (i prefer nic in a PG base as it's easier to measure by syringe), a couple of syringes, and a blunt tip needle.

Mark's point about 100 mg is spot on - it also would mean adding less base to your commercial juice, lessening the chance of diluting the flavor

levander

Member For 4 Years
You guys are talking about adding a number of milliliter. Wouldn't it be easier to add some number of milligrams? That way I could just put the bottle of juice on a kitchen scale, and slowing add nicotine directly right to the bottle without any intermediate steps.

Usually I buy 30ml bottles with 6mg of nicotine. How many mgs of 100mg/ml nicotine would I need to add to my bottle of juice to bring it up to 9mg of nicotine?

Hopefully that makes sense.

But actually, I'd have to make sure my kitchen scale supports down to the milligram. I usually use it to measure ounces. I know there's a button on the back to switch the scale to metric units, but I've never used it.

I heard some other people on this board talking about breazy.com being a good place to buy juice. They don't sell just bottles of nicotine? I just looked and couldn't find it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I heard some other people on this board talking about breazy.com being a good place to buy juice. They don't sell just bottles of nicotine? I just looked and couldn't find it.

They don't that I know of. Not that many juice vendors sell concentrated nic

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If your scale measures down to .01 grams you can do it that way, but for a 30ml bottle of juice, you're adding JUST under 1 gram @0.93 if you're starting with a 30ml bottle of 6mg juice.

I agree with Lucy, most juice vendors don't sell DIY supplies. Nicotine River, Ecigexpress, Vaperstek, places like that that sell a lot of DIY stuff.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You guys are talking about adding a number of milliliter. Wouldn't it be easier to add some number of milligrams?

How to adjust nicotine levels is a common question posted here. Most folks don't own a scale that can measure with .01 gram or even 1 gram accuracy. If we told those folks who wished to change their nic. level to go out and get a scale, what type of response do you think we would get?

Ron
---
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."- Albert Einstein

VU Sponsors