Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great to know, @Bold Vapor!

My goodies have also arrived, safe and sound.

Kinda hard to ruin drip tips, but they were well-packaged, anyway! :)

Thanks @KatyLoo!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know it's not much, but a couple of people have expressed to me how impressed they were with the amount of information I had in my sig image. Whether they actually liked it or they were just expressing their concern for my mental health, I don't know. ;)

Well, I can't really take the credit for it. It was mostly @jeremy 's code, but I changed it a bit, finessed it a bit, and came up with this page:

http://mod.bid/sigimage.php

If you sign up, there's a profile page where you can edit your sig image, but if you don't feel like signing up, the above page is a freebie. You just can't go back and edit it once you've gone away from that page.

Reactions: jae

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Emilie, I wish you all the luck in the world. I'll be visiting your site often.

Thank you! I hope you find some great deals there. :)

My store Will soon be created on your site @Emilie.. I've just been super busy! I am happy to see all is well!

Awesome!

Still working on the site, tweaking here and there, but it will be there when you're ready. :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just a reminder that it costs absolutely nothing but a few minutes of your time to list on Mod.Bid with our 'grand' voucher code! :)

We don't have as many people browsing as are potentially there to purchase, but we won't have many browsers until we have more items.

List either fixed-price or auction-style!

I should be getting a bunch of t-shirts up soon to help get this party started! :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome! :)

And thank you for taking the time to list a few items. We just need to stick with it while we build an inventory and then visitors (and customers!).

I should be adding a few items this coming week.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If all goes well tonight, there should be some interesting goodies for eGo fans tomorrow! :)

And today is the 30-day 'versary of @KatyLoo's first listings on Mod.Bid! :)

I totally understand that people might like to give up quickly, but we won't have as many visitors until we have more items. Just a few minutes of your time, Vendors! :)

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will we be able to sell ejuice with nic for instance ejuice that we may have purchased and tried but we did not like the juice and only a little of the juice was tried. since taste is subjective we all have juice we bought and tried and it wasn't for us. So will this be something we can sell on mod bid?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did the VU apparel come in yet? :)

Still working out the details, and if I'm even going to be doing them...I need to contact Tyger again. I may not have been as clear as I should have been with something.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should be adding more items this week, just waiting for some stock to come in. I've been lowering my price like @KatyLoo trying too attract buyers.

Just keep in mind that you won't be charged anything when your items sell, so I hope that makes up for needing to lower your prices to attract buyers.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will we be able to sell ejuice with nic for instance ejuice that we may have purchased and tried but we did not like the juice and only a little of the juice was tried. since taste is subjective we all have juice we bought and tried and it wasn't for us. So will this be something we can sell on mod bid?

Y'know, I'm not so sure how much responsibility I CAN take for others selling nic e-liquid. I have no way of monitoring the level of nic or the quality of the juice, so I may drop the 0mg restriction for now. All I can really do is post a warning that it's "Buyer Beware".

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My experiment last night was a near-total-failure, so no new items being posted today by me. I'll work on a couple more things to see if I can't list a couple of things in the very near future. I'll be able to, but not exactly as I was hoping for.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Preview of what I'll be finishing tomorrow (and putting up on Mod.Bid very soon!):

DSC00274.jpg

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sweet! Did you make that?
I'll be putting up DIY ejuice supplies in the next few days - bottles, syringes, etc.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be putting up DIY ejuice supplies in the next few days - bottles, syringes, etc.

Yup, just got them (there are four) off my machine! :)

I'll be doing the second tiers tomorrow.

I need to get a tap, though. I don't think I have a 5/16-18.

Oh, and tomorrow night at 10pm will be my 150th day smoke-free! :)

And Yay! E-Liquid supplies! Those sections are feeling rather lonely. ;)

drucco99

Member For 4 Years
Hi Emilie,

I signed up but never received the verification email. Nice site and good luck with it!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Emilie,

I signed up but never received the verification email. Nice site and good luck with it!

Hi John,

That's really strange. A while ago I would have said that it was because our IP was originally on a spam list (old user of IP) and gmail rejected it, but someone else registered with a gmail address today, and they've confirmed their email address.

I've approved you, but you might want to check your email address on the site to make sure it's correct.

I never received a bounced or rejected email notice.

And TANKS! :)

Welcome!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My best wishes are with you.

I do check from time to time and at some point I hope to find something that I "just gotta have" at a good price!

drucco99

Member For 4 Years
Hi John,

That's really strange. A while ago I would have said that it was because our IP was originally on a spam list (old user of IP) and gmail rejected it, but someone else registered with a gmail address today, and they've confirmed their email address.

I've approved you, but you might want to check your email address on the site to make sure it's correct.

I never received a bounced or rejected email notice.

And TANKS! :)

Welcome!

I found the email. All of the emails from your site are going directly into my spam folder for some reason.

I just added a few items on the site.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found the email. All of the emails from your site are going directly into my spam folder for some reason.

I just added a few items on the site.

It's good you found them, though I'm not sure why they'd be in your spam folder...

And thank you! :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Thank you for adding some DIY supplies!

I should be picking some up this coming Friday. :)

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just trying to sign up on your site... I kept ending up with an error message saying I was attempting to go to an unprotected site that was was trying to be hacked for my information????????????? WTF..... I will keep trying.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just trying to sign up on your site... I kept ending up with an error message saying I was attempting to go to an unprotected site that was was trying to be hacked for my information????????????? WTF..... I will keep trying.

Has anyone else experienced this?

That's new to me. I've installed an SSL certificate on the site, so any login information is secure, but this is the first I've heard of this warning.

I just checked on the SSL, and it's still working as it's supposed to.

If no one else is seeing this warning, I hate to say, but you may have malware or a virus. And no, I'm not trying to blame the victim. I honestly don't see anything amiss on the site on this end.

Also, remember, ALL payment transactions go through PayPal. Mod.Bid does not handle any of that.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's new to me. I've installed an SSL certificate on the site, so any login information is secure, but this is the first I've heard of this warning.

I just checked on the SSL, and it's still working as it's supposed to.

If no one else is seeing this warning, I hate to say, but you may have malware or a virus. And no, I'm not trying to blame the victim. I honestly don't see anything amiss on the site on this end.

Also, remember, ALL payment transactions go through PayPal. Mod.Bid does not handle any of that.
I didn't think it was on your end... I figured it had something to do with trying to get there with my tablet/phone.... Something to do with security settings on my end.... I'll figure it out or revert to larger electronic talking box....(commonly known as a laptop)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck! I hope it's nothing serious. I'll also check a few other things with the site to make sure nothing is wrong there, either.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK. I'm registered. The problem was on my end. My security software didn't recognize your SSL???? Told it I wanted to go there anyway.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK. I'm registered. The problem was on my end. My security software didn't recognize your SSL???? Told it I wanted to go there anyway.

Wow. I honestly don't know what to say.

Has anyone else had this issue?

@Emilie - I haven't been around much. But I will open up on your site sometime Thursday! I'm excited :D

Hurray! :)

I'll be making a few purchases on Mod.Bid in the next few days from @KatyLoo. I can't wait to see what you have there, too! I may pick something up from you, too! :)

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Emili. I guess I am doomed to be s burdensome old fart... I still haven't got an email confirmation. I already checked my spam folder but it wasn't there. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Emili. I guess I am doomed to be s burdensome old fart... I still haven't got an email confirmation. I already checked my spam folder but it wasn't there. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

I'm really sorry you're needing to go through all these hoops! :(

I see you registered with a gmail email account. I know that others with gmail accounts are getting their verification emails, so it's not a problem with that service, but if you could start a conversation with me here with your email address, I can make sure you didn't mistype it when you registered.

I'll also approve your account, but please do confirm your email address with me as I want to make sure you get all future emails.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really sorry you're needing to go through all these hoops! :(

I see you registered with a gmail email account. I know that others with gmail accounts are getting their verification emails, so it's not a problem with that service, but if you could start a conversation with me here with your email address, I can make sure you didn't mistype it when you registered.

I'll also approve your account, but please do confirm your email address with me as I want to make sure you get all future emails.
OK. I'm going to log on now...

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope you got the last email that was sent to you. :)

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope you got the last email that was sent to you. :)
Nope. I ain't got it yet. But I did get logged in to mod.bid and bought a couple things :cool: PayPal seemed to go through

I will be looking for confirmations from them and seller...

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you check the email address you entered on Mod.Bid in your account?

In the past, when emails have been rejected, I've gotten notices from the rejecting services. I didn't get that this time, for any of the emails that were sent to you. I have no clue what's going on here as others with gmail accounts seem to be getting their messages. :(

I just hate that you're having such a bad first experience on my site's end. I know 510Central will take care of you and offer you the best service available, as she's always done in the past, but I need to figure out why you're not getting messages from the site.

It's possible they've been delayed for some reason, but there's no way for me to tell right now.

@KatyLoo, you did get the sales messages, right?

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

In the past, when emails have been rejected, I've gotten notices from the rejecting services. I didn't get that this time, for any of the emails that were sent to you. I have no clue what's going on here as others with gmail accounts seem to be getting their messages. :(

I just hate that you're having such a bad first experience on my site's end. I know 510Central will take care of you and offer you the best service available, as she's always done in the past, but I need to figure out why you're not getting messages from the site.

It's possible they've been delayed for some reason, but there's no way for me to tell right now.

Email address is right and I don't mind the hassle if I can get it to work.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Email address is right and I don't mind the hassle if I can get it to work.

I can't honestly say if the problem is on my end or yours yet, but I looked at my server logs and it's saying that Google accepted the emails sent to you with no problems.

I'm at a loss, but I'll work with you to make this right.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yes I received the sales messages, everything's fine on my end.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for confirming.
I can't honestly say if the problem is on my end or yours yet, but I looked at my server logs and it's saying that Google accepted the emails sent to you with no problems.

I'm at a loss, but I'll work with you to make this right.
I still have not got any emails from you, but I checked my PayPal account and it has the payment recorded... At least that's working. All my email addresses look right so I have no idea what's going on.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok.... Everything appears to be workin'. I just got a notification from Mod.Bid sale o_O I am just happy it worked... Wishin' you both well and success in this new venture....

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok.... Everything appears to be workin'. I just got a notification from Mod.Bid sale o_O I am just happy it worked... Wishin' you both well and success in this new venture....

I'm relieved to hear you got it!

It must have been delayed somewhere along its path. I'm sorry if it was my server's fault.

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm relieved to hear you got it!

It must have been delayed somewhere along its path. I'm sorry if it was my server's fault.
Just for giggles I just tried to register at fasttech and the same damn thing is happening... It's me... I know it.... The computer world hates me.......

VU Sponsors