Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Andria, he had his first ever seizure in June of 2016, then another in August that caused some damage in his shoulder which he had to have surgery for. This one last night was the first since August. He's taking Kepra, which is supposed to prevent them. I guess we'll be trying something new now.
Hope he gets his meds sorted Lynn

Emmy28

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He doesn't let Emmy read this thread so he's safe! :giggle:
Don't be so sure ;)

Lynn :hug: Hugs to your Son too.

So it's true, I'm going to marry him but he better F me before he goes F himself :)

Love to you all

Have we all moved here now

Got to sort the kids, thanks for the congratulations but if you could wish me luck, they might be better:sneaka:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, he had his first ever seizure in June of 2016, then another in August that caused some damage in his shoulder which he had to have surgery for. This one last night was the first since August. He's taking Kepra, which is supposed to prevent them. I guess we'll be trying something new now.

Yikes!

Well... what Rixy said! :D

:hug:
Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's, hope everyone had a great time effin themselves today :cool:

@LynnNC sorry to hear about your kid and hope everything turns out ok for both yall.

The ex had eczema years ago and a doctor gave her some cream for it and told her to use cocoa butter moisturizer. It helped some but she still had patches mainly on her back with some so we went seen another doctor who told her to start bathing with Dove soap. That cured it, I started using Dove soap at home because it was easier to just have one brand of soap in the bathroom. I started using Dove soap offshore because the water on the platforms had to be boated out from land and was real hard water and left the skin flaky after a shower. After using Dove didnt have a problem so asked the cook who did all the ordering for stuff like that if he could order me some Dove soap so I didnt have to keep carrying it out there every week. After a month or so the cook came up to me one day and said I was a lil prick. I asked him what the fuck I do??? Because of me the whole crew on the platform would only use Dove now and he had hundreds of other brands of Soap that no one would touch. :teehee:
I use Dove as well. The psoriasis is only on my scalp now.
Howdy Fugees, Hope every body is doing well. The Bahamas was great had a blast i think, all that booze.
and may i say affectionately;
fcYOU.gif
O sounds like fun!!
Edit: The Bahamas. :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, good news. The mate got his check today, though we can't do anything with it till tomorrow (thanks, goobermint, for another useless Monday holiday, so soon after the fucking xmas and new year holidays!), and it's $35 more than the minimum figure I came up with, on the budget. So we should be fine.

The only remaining anxiety will be paying that $90-higher mortgage payment at the end of the month, before we get the state tax refund which will enable to pre-pay that escrow shortfall, bringing the mortgage down to just $35 more than currently. But that's why I set aside a little in the savings acct, to help us out in tight spots like that one.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all... Gotham and Lucifer are back tonight!

We've been watching Gotham since it started; I wasn't too sure how I'd like a "backstory" approach to Batman, but I liked it right from the start -- and I know Penguin is really a Bad Guy, but this show makes him into a sort of anti-hero, a very engaging character even when he's being evil. :D (The actor playing him, he could make a much better Barnabas Collins than Depp, if anyone ever decided to do a SERIOUS re-do of Dark Shadows.)

And Lucifer is simply the best new show that started last year; funny as... well, HELL. :giggle:

Andria

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, good news. The mate got his check today, though we can't do anything with it till tomorrow (thanks, goobermint, for another useless Monday holiday, so soon after the fucking xmas and new year holidays!), and it's $35 more than the minimum figure I came up with, on the budget. So we should be fine.

The only remaining anxiety will be paying that $90-higher mortgage payment at the end of the month, before we get the state tax refund which will enable to pre-pay that escrow shortfall, bringing the mortgage down to just $35 more than currently. But that's why I set aside a little in the savings acct, to help us out in tight spots like that one.

Andria
I dunno what we would do without women, they are true back bone of running a household, yeah the man (and woman these days) earns the cash but woman are so good at sorting everything out and planning ahead, us men would had a last minute panic and get it a right mess.

So here's to all you women that keep the cogs turning :blowkiss:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We've been watching Gotham since it started; I wasn't too sure how I'd like a "backstory" approach to Batman, but I liked it right from the start -- and I know Penguin is really a Bad Guy, but this show makes him into a sort of anti-hero, a very engaging character even when he's being evil. :D (The actor playing him, he could make a much better Barnabas Collins than Depp, if anyone ever decided to do a SERIOUS re-do of Dark Shadows.)

And Lucifer is simply the best new show that started last year; funny as... well, HELL. :giggle:

Andria
Yay Gotham is back, thanks for the heads up, I have to watch it on Kodi as the UK is way behind but Kodi streams it from the US. I think the last one was episode 11 and then it went off for about a month.

I won't be able to watch it till tomorrow as it has to be uploaded.

Thanks Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dunno what we would do without women, they are true back bone of running a household, yeah the man (and woman these days) earns the cash but woman are so good at sorting everything out and planning ahead, us men would had a last minute panic and get it a right mess.

So here's to all you women that keep the cogs turning :blowkiss:

That's true for us -- I don't work, but once we moved here and I took over managing the budget and keeping the bills paid, things started improving, and have continued doing so, so that now, even with my mom's death (which meant losing the BP card for a backstop on gasoline), and our property taxes and insurance going up, it just means a slight lessening of *disposable* income; the necessities are still well-accounted for.

My husband getting 3 raises in 2014, and me quitting smoking, had a HUGE positive effect, naturally, but the cent-by-cent accounting I keep of every penny of income and outgo has made the biggest difference!

As I've noted before, my husband is smart, hard-working, and honest, but he's just no great shakes at budgeting and accounting. :D Now he doesn't have to stress himself with the budget, because I handle it. :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Atchafalaya My daughter had cradle cap when she was a child and I had to use T-Sal on her head. It's for psoriasis. Have you ever tried it? It stunk like hell but cleared hers up.
And I'm not talking about cradle cap as a baby either. She was 3-4 years old with hair down to the middle of her back.
I haven't tried it recently, but I will get some. Thanks!!!!!!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's true for us -- I don't work, but once we moved here and I took over managing the budget and keeping the bills paid, things started improving, and have continued doing so, so that now, even with my mom's death (which meant losing the BP card for a backstop on gasoline), and our property taxes and insurance going up, it just means a slight lessening of *disposable* income; the necessities are still well-accounted for.

My husband getting 3 raises in 2014, and me quitting smoking, had a HUGE positive effect, naturally, but the cent-by-cent accounting I keep of every penny of income and outgo has made the biggest difference!

As I've noted before, my husband is smart, hard-working, and honest, but he's just no great shakes at budgeting and accounting. :D Now he doesn't have to stress himself with the budget, because I handle it. :)

Andria
That's what I could never get through to my ex wife, working as a team, knowing each others strengths and weakness and making it work.
Living with Emily I noticed a massive difference, some people are meant to be together and some definitely ain't lol

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

Monday nights I usually watch Supergirl and Timeless. Seen Gotham before and no desire to watch Lucifer.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not seen any of those shows before.
I work nights so I don't get to see anything that's on in the evenings. I'll be watching even less now since the satellite got turned off this morning. :sad:

I havent, nor will I. Tonight I ended up watching the movie Secetariat, and I will catch timeless on Hulu later tonight or tomorrow.
I absolutely LOVE the Secretariat movie! I look like a fool though bawling my eyes out at the end though. :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me too. Neurologist appt next Wednesday. I've been permanent for a week and got a point for leaving last night to go to the hospital. I told my SAT screw it. My son's health was a helluva lot more important to me than a job. :D
Point against you for going to the emergency room with your son?.....wow, you were right, they are some cold-hearted SOB's running that joint....!

VU Sponsors