Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Been a busy day. Went with my mom so she could get a new car. Insurance hasnt even paid for her old car yet newcaritis was getting pretty bad for her so she took the plunge and we found her a nice 2013 Chevy Impala, It has all the bells and whistles and is really nice so she is very happy.

Also got some vape mail today. :vapemail: the Supertank mini 25mm that @Rixsta told me about arrived. Gotta say they are nice. A lot easier to fill than the original Supertanks. Retired a couple Supertank KS's and replaced them with the mini's. The KS was nice for a long while but then the base started to get worn out and just look at it odd and it would read short. Then would have to take it apart, dry it out and put it back together. Also had a nasty habit of changing its ohm reading and giving bad scorched hits so they had to go.
The only real downside I see to the 25mm mini's is they are too big to fit onto the Pico's. I have 5 Pico mega's and 3 regular Pico's so they will have to just have regular supertanks on them or Merlins, I ordered 3 more mini's just to have them on hand and maybe retire a merlin or two,

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just came back from seeing Rogue One

My husband watched The Force Awakens on cable recently, said it was pretty good. I guess I'll have to see it too, but I kinda wanna wait till the offspring is home; he's a major geek like me, so it's more fun, seeing stuff with a fellow geek, than with a former motorcycle hellion. Same went for the Harry Potter movies, especially since it was my son who turned me on to Potter in the first place! :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boobs, balls, bugs, movies and Bob on his seat over yon. A person could think finding good accidental anal dolphin sex would be in the works. Oh well, reckon I'll have to bounce these to the moon for now.

I am not saying it aloud what is in my thought now. I'll scribble it here, think I finally got our hellion dogs penned but good. This is a relief if so as it eliminates a possible fine, court, dogs taken.

Merely humble opinion here but for me Star Wars jumped the shark being sold out to Disney. Also Marvel comics did as well, when they sold to Disney. A lot of old fairy tales, folk lore, tall tales and such have too over the years, usurped by Disney.

No problem with folks creating and earning from what they create do I have. The problem for me lies in folks locking creativity up in such a way that it is difficult for others to create. That kind of restricts innovation with creativity, I digress though, people still can create.

:coffee: is good this morning. :) Spoke with my former bf, former merely because we both stay some distance from another. We're open ended too. He's getting on well with a guy he fancies but hasn't told he does in enough, or exact words. :) I'm happy for him. :)

We talked about Cobol. He seemed as though it was just an okay aspect of programming. *chuckles* He was the one who suggested I get interested in it, now I am and he's so nonchalant of it, typical. :)

My wife thinks it might be a good idea to dig into it. She was looking at job postings in our area. There was one for materials handler and general labor.

That job required twelve hour shifts and was through a temp agency. Well, I'm not keen on such on the notion of paying someone so I can work, especially not if they require full twelve, fourteen, eighteen hour shifts and the work can vanish at any time, you being paid monthly.

So, baby step basics it is for me. Gradually teach myself this Cobol. Do some volunteer work for a bit, then go full time freelance doing telecommuting work as cobol programmer. Wife thinks that fairly keen a notion. :) Figure she'll understand my reluctance at the job listings.

Well, y'all run 'er slow. :hug: :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
GM all. My neck hurts. I slept in since I tossed and turned all night with this oil and do rag on my head. I hate psoriasis.

Dang, I thought you were getting a Geri Curl then saw the psoriasis thing.

Big drag - sorry to hear you are having to deal with that :sad:

But, you can still GFY this lovely morning!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Merely humble opinion here but for me Star Wars jumped the shark being sold out to Disney. Also Marvel comics did as well, when they sold to Disney. A lot of old fairy tales, folk lore, tall tales and such have too over the years, usurped by Disney.

No problem with folks creating and earning from what they create do I have. The problem for me lies in folks locking creativity up in such a way that it is difficult for others to create. That kind of restricts innovation with creativity, I digress though, people still can create.

I cant agree Morely. With Disney holding the rights they can and have taken the Star Wars saga farther than Lucas did. The story doesnt end but keeps going and going which is good for fans like me. Look how Lucas did it. 1977 was episode IV, then in 1980 was episode V and in 1983 Episode VI. Then we waited 16 years for episode 1 which was released in 1999. 2002 was Episode II and 2005 we sen episode III. Now 9 years later Disney is making the movies and we already had episode VII, episode VIII is suppose to be released this December and Rouge One has spun off the franchise, If you ask me Disney has taken the ball and is running with it. Not a bad thing.

I wish they would get involved with the Avatar movies and build a fire under their asses so they will put out movies, Been waiting since 2009 for them to make more movies.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon all! I guess I'll go and GFM then get ready for work. :xD:

Atcha, I'm sorry that you have to deal with psoriasis. My son has to deal with eczema and it's not fun! :hug:

I've got this shit on my hands called "dishydrotic eczema" and it's not fun either, but the creams I bought seem to working ok; the big spot on my palm is completely healed and no longer itches; couple small spots on the "web" between thumb and hand on the left are much better, not as itchy, and the REALLY bad spot on the outside edge of my right thumb is better, not quite as itchy, but still bothers me sometimes. The little blistery/flaky area on my left pinkie is still there, but never has been itchy.

I got Equate's Anti-Itch Plus, 1% hydrocortisone with several moisturizers, and Gold Bond Eczema Relief, which has more colloidal oatmeal than Aveeno's; I use 'em together.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got this shit on my hands called "dishydrotic eczema" and it's not fun either, but the creams I bought seem to working ok; the big spot on my palm is completely healed and no longer itches; couple small spots on the "web" between thumb and hand on the left are much better, not as itchy, and the REALLY bad spot on the outside edge of my right thumb is better, not quite as itchy, but still bothers me sometimes. The little blistery/flaky area on my left pinkie is still there, but never has been itchy.

I got Equate's Anti-Itch Plus, 1% hydrocortisone with several moisturizers, and Gold Bond Eczema Relief, which has more colloidal oatmeal than Aveeno's; I use 'em together.

Andria
He can't use anything with soap in it and has to use fragrance free lotions.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon all! I guess I'll go and GFM then get ready for work. :xD:

Atcha, I'm sorry that you have to deal with psoriasis. My son has to deal with eczema and it's not fun! :hug:
Awe thanks Lynn. :hug: I had eczema when I was young on my hands. Now, it's on my scalp.
Got back from Home Depot with a new faucet and my bil is trying to install it. It's a mess!!!! I guess it's been leaking under there for a while.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He can't use anything with soap in it and has to use fragrance free lotions.

Dang, that would truly suck, since I'm the chief dishwasher. :D But apparently the constant wet hands of a housewife may be one of the things that bring this on; when it was really bad, before the creams started working, I used latex gloves. I also had to stop using water as hot as I could tolerate, because I found that the hotter the water, the worse the itching -- now I just use moderately warm water.

Those 2 creams I m,entioned are fragrance-free, and work really well! Equate's 1% hydrocortisone costs a LOT less than the name brand, and I think the Gold Bond was also cheaper than the Aveeno, though the Gold Bond has 2% colloidal oatmeal, and the Aveeno was only 1%.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
I hate that stuff! My sister still has it all over her hands. Guess it's an autoimmune thing we have.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hate that stuff! My sister still has it all over her hands. Guess it's an autoimmune thing we have.

I had to do quite a bit of reading to figure it out, but apparently it's pretty common in people who have asthma and/or allergies, it's like a "spectrum disorder," for those who have other manifestations of that spectrum. This is the reason I always keep benadryl on-hand, in case I get stung by a bee -- since people with that type of auto-immune spectrum are at high risk for developing anaphylaxis from bee stings. My son gets anaphylaxis from coconut! Though he doesn't have ANY other allergies!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dang, that would truly suck, since I'm the chief dishwasher. :D But apparently the constant wet hands of a housewife may be one of the things that bring this on; when it was really bad, before the creams started working, I used latex gloves. I also had to stop using water as hot as I could tolerate, because I found that the hotter the water, the worse the itching -- now I just use moderately warm water.

Those 2 creams I m,entioned are fragrance-free, and work really well! Equate's 1% hydrocortisone costs a LOT less than the name brand, and I think the Gold Bond was also cheaper than the Aveeno, though the Gold Bond has 2% colloidal oatmeal, and the Aveeno was only 1%.

Andria

I really like the various Gold Bond lotions for whatever is ailing my skin. Good shit

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL the old, this mod hits like a train or somesuch...
Best flavor atty ever.

You want a good laugh just watch some of the reviewers 1+ yr old reviews.

Same song different device.

by now we should not be able to vape over 1% flavoring with all the advances in vaping flavor attys over the last year or two.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening fugee's and GFY!

Been a busy day. Went with my mom so she could get a new car. Insurance hasnt even paid for her old car yet newcaritis was getting pretty bad for her so she took the plunge and we found her a nice 2013 Chevy Impala, It has all the bells and whistles and is really nice so she is very happy.

Also got some vape mail today. :vapemail: the Supertank mini 25mm that @Rixsta told me about arrived. Gotta say they are nice. A lot easier to fill than the original Supertanks. Retired a couple Supertank KS's and replaced them with the mini's. The KS was nice for a long while but then the base started to get worn out and just look at it odd and it would read short. Then would have to take it apart, dry it out and put it back together. Also had a nasty habit of changing its ohm reading and giving bad scorched hits so they had to go.
The only real downside I see to the 25mm mini's is they are too big to fit onto the Pico's. I have 5 Pico mega's and 3 regular Pico's so they will have to just have regular supertanks on them or Merlins, I ordered 3 more mini's just to have them on hand and maybe retire a merlin or two,

Glad you like it, great RTA for the money, as for the Pico ect, they do a 22mm RTA version but the juice capacity suffers..

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I often see vapers claim their mod fires like it's on steroids.....

So Lucy being getting to know you a bit better (reading posts)

Your cool, let's get that out there first, you own a modfather lol I run mine on the hammer of god V3, it's a beast.

My next tank is a Billow V3 Plus, you have that too ? Thoughts ?

Seems we have all the same tanks, Boreas being another one....

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys know I wasn't thrilled about going to work right? Well, turns out I didn't stay. I got a call from a coworker of my son's saying he'd had a seizure in the parking lot at his work so now I'm sitting in the ER with him. :huh:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You guys know I wasn't thrilled about going to work right? Well, turns out I didn't stay. I got a call from a coworker of my son's saying he'd had a seizure in the parking lot at his work so now I'm sitting in the ER with him. :huh:

Dam, that's messed up. Sorry for him and you. Sending happy thoughts to both of you :inlove:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So Lucy being getting to know you a bit better (reading posts) Your cool, let's get that out there first, you own a modfather lol I run mine on the hammer of god V3, it's a beast. : Oooh, have almost jumped on one of those newer clones HOG, totally appealing to me

My next tank is a Billow V3 Plus, you have that too ? Thoughts ? I'm hearing more and more good reports on these, but don't own one, not sure I will.

Seems we have all the same tanks, Boreas being another one....

My tank obsession right now is that teeny Petri RTA - and I don't know why. Well, I do know why, fucker puts out the flavor and clouds on par with Boreas in a teeny little size - and not one drop - not one hint - of moisture or leakage.

It's so bad, I've taken to sleeping with it :p

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's, hope everyone had a great time effin themselves today :cool:

@LynnNC sorry to hear about your kid and hope everything turns out ok for both yall.

The ex had eczema years ago and a doctor gave her some cream for it and told her to use cocoa butter moisturizer. It helped some but she still had patches mainly on her back with some so we went seen another doctor who told her to start bathing with Dove soap. That cured it, I started using Dove soap at home because it was easier to just have one brand of soap in the bathroom. I started using Dove soap offshore because the water on the platforms had to be boated out from land and was real hard water and left the skin flaky after a shower. After using Dove didnt have a problem so asked the cook who did all the ordering for stuff like that if he could order me some Dove soap so I didnt have to keep carrying it out there every week. After a month or so the cook came up to me one day and said I was a lil prick. I asked him what the fuck I do??? Because of me the whole crew on the platform would only use Dove now and he had hundreds of other brands of Soap that no one would touch. :teehee:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Went to the ex's house and had a very nice T bone steak, Damn that was good and Rascal and me both ate until we was stuffed! But the ex and Rascal both aint happy with me. The ex wanted me to stay the night and I didnt think that was a good idea and Rascal threw a real puppy tantrum when I said he cant ride with me to my house tonight. He was crying and barking and whining at me the poor little boy :sad: Told the ex I will probably come over Tuesday or Wednesday and we can grill some ribs up and I will take him home with me then.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to the ex's house and had a very nice T bone steak, Damn that was good and Rascal and me both ate until we was stuffed! But the ex and Rascal both aint happy with me. The ex wanted me to stay the night and I didnt think that was a good idea and Rascal threw a real puppy tantrum when I said he cant ride with me to my house tonight. He was crying and barking and whining at me the poor little boy :sad: Told the ex I will probably come over Tuesday or Wednesday and we can grill some ribs up and I will take him home with me then.
Things sound better with you and your ex chop, last time you mentioned her she was being a bit cold not letting you see your dog.
I'd of been tempted to say, yeah I'll stay the night as long as I can take the dog in the morning :devil:

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy Fugees, Hope every body is doing well. The Bahamas was great had a blast i think, all that booze.
and may i say affectionately;
fcYOU.gif

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Things sound better with you and your ex chop, last time you mentioned her she was being a bit cold not letting you see your dog.
I'd of been tempted to say, yeah I'll stay the night as long as I can take the dog in the morning :devil:

She seen the light. She spent $500 for a couple Dolly Parton tickets and wanted to act like she was doing me a favor by letting me keep him for one night while she goes to a concert and I said nope, not gonna allow it to happen. My poor boy doesnt understand he was a pawn in her games and I wasnt gonna allow his little feeling get hurt by getting to be with me one night and then never see me again unless she needed something. So she brought him and all his toys to my house and said he is now mine, she cant keep him anymore. After he spent a night with me I called her and told her enough of the drama, she loves him, I love him and he loves both of us so lets share him and we been doing that ever since.
The down side is she got her foot back in the door now and comes visits daily when he is here and almost daily when he isnt here. Today is the first time I been to her house to visit since we split in September and she had the full court press going on wanting me to spend the night.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Oh no! is he ok? good thing he wasn't driving at the time, or was he?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No thank goodness he wasn't driving. He was in the parking lot at work getting ready to leave though. I'll not allow him to drive anymore until after he sees the neurologist to see what he says.

Does he have a seizure disorder, or is this something new? I remember you mentioning something about his seizures, but I can't recall if it was a new thing, or something he's had to deal with for a long time.

Andria

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She seen the light. She spent $500 for a couple Dolly Parton tickets and wanted to act like she was doing me a favor by letting me keep him for one night while she goes to a concert and I said nope, not gonna allow it to happen. My poor boy doesnt understand he was a pawn in her games and I wasnt gonna allow his little feeling get hurt by getting to be with me one night and then never see me again unless she needed something. So she brought him and all his toys to my house and said he is now mine, she cant keep him anymore. After he spent a night with me I called her and told her enough of the drama, she loves him, I love him and he loves both of us so lets share him and we been doing that ever since.
The down side is she got her foot back in the door now and comes visits daily when he is here and almost daily when he isnt here. Today is the first time I been to her house to visit since we split in September and she had the full court press going on wanting me to spend the night.
Seeing you ex everyday isn't healthy unless you think you may be able to work things out and get back together. If not, I'd be putting the brakes on that pretty quickly.
I'm sure being off work doesn't help.... sounds complicated, careful there buddy (just care about ya Chop)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does he have a seizure disorder, or is this something new? I remember you mentioning something about his seizures, but I can't recall if it was a new thing, or something he's had to deal with for a long time.

Andria
Andria, he had his first ever seizure in June of 2016, then another in August that caused some damage in his shoulder which he had to have surgery for. This one last night was the first since August. He's taking Kepra, which is supposed to prevent them. I guess we'll be trying something new now.

VU Sponsors