Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Joyetech eGo One Mega. KatDarling calls it the eggroll. lol
No, I haven't weaned off the wta yet. I cute down, but now I'm back up.

It's hard, I know... took me 15 months of *concerted* effort... and I've hit it a few times since I got off it regular, though I didn't, with the horrible day I had Sunday, and slightly-less-awful day I had yesterday, I just tried to suck it up as best I could. I've decided that all my weepiness was just another bout of grief; it hit me a little on mother's day, but really hard with my b-day; my mom always took such trouble over my b-day, and my son's too... it's a hard adjustment, not to have that, after 55 yrs of it. But I'll survive.

But I feel concerned for you... if all this vape-hate from the goobermint causes WTA not to be available anymore... that's gonna be really hard, if you're still dependent on it.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Catch up, Cromwell.... I did point that out. :D

Andria
Just got home, was going to town for Hairs cut and a bit of shopping Wife wanted me to drop her off at a friends house and pick her up on the way back. 2 hour trip turned into 5.... Had planned to do stuff outside when I got home and it just rained...

Not in a good mood right now.
Next time I will drive my beater pick up and leave her the blazer to do what she wants.

Can never make any plans.
If I decided to kill myself she would screw that up too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just got home, was going to town for Hairs cut and a bit of shopping Wife wanted me to drop her off at a friends house and pick her up on the way back. 2 hour trip turned into 5....

Not in a good mood right now.
Next time I will drive my beater pick up and leave her the blazer to do what she wants.

Can never make any plans.
If I decided to kill myself she would screw that up too.

My mom was like that -- it took her five times longer than ANYONE else, to do ANYTHING. And that was on a GOOD day. :giggle:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's hard, I know... took me 15 months of *concerted* effort... and I've hit it a few times since I got off it regular, though I didn't, with the horrible day I had Sunday, and slightly-less-awful day I had yesterday, I just tried to suck it up as best I could. I've decided that all my weepiness was just another bout of grief; it hit me a little on mother's day, but really hard with my b-day; my mom always took such trouble over my b-day, and my son's too... it's a hard adjustment, not to have that, after 55 yrs of it. But I'll survive.

But I feel concerned for you... if all this vape-hate from the goobermint causes WTA not to be available anymore... that's gonna be really hard, if you're still dependent on it.

Andria
Yeah, it's scary. :( I just charged a bunch.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does that include shipping?
Yep 3F vape with free shipping I paid an extra dollar or 2 for a shipping upgrade though.
I think the mod was 18.99 or somesuch. Only took 10 or 11 days to get here.
imho the best $20 mod you can get.

TC is kinda wavery but the wattage is great.
Is my second 75 watter.
I also have 2 50W ones.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also from 1966 :)

I remember both of 'em. :) The Supremes were big then, too, and Herman's Hermits, and quite a few others that have disappeared into history. Of course, the Beatles, who changed rock music forever. And the Stones who were discovering right around then that playing blues was more fun than being another British Invasion band. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They sure do -- I don't think the originals are still available anywhere ..., but those 75w models are very versatile -- they'll do all the diff kinds of TC, they take 18650s, they go to 75w, and they have the full-metal body as the originals do, none of that plastic crap ...

Andria

*sits rubbing chin, nodding and going "hm, hm, ..." then goes "oooh, ahhh"* :) I might have to look into saving up stipend money for one then. Although, might be nice if they created similar that was a squonker for a reasonably fair price, $40-$50 USD would be about where I would feel okay, though might, might, just might be seduced to say $60-$70 range. Not too concerned if it doesn't do TC, not really taken any keen interest in that other than noting it's an extra 'feature' for extra money usually. I do like my squonking however and do not see myself not squonking as I continue vaping.

ETA: Side note: I ought to have Fasttech-ing known FastTech carried PEEK insulators for a reasonable price. Found a bunch here and there for up to $10 for a single insulator. Go to FastTech and find a five pack for less than $4. *smh* Well, better get to piddling. :hug: for everyone and everyone run 'er slow. :)

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*sits rubbing chin, nodding and going "hm, hm, ..." then goes "oooh, ahhh"* :) I might have to look into saving up stipend money for one then. Although, might be nice if they created similar that was a squonker for a reasonably fair price, $40-$50 USD would be about where I would feel okay, though might, might, just might be seduced to say $60-$70 range. Not too concerned if it doesn't do TC, not really taken any keen interest in that other than noting it's an extra 'feature' for extra money usually. I do like my squonking however and do not see myself not squonking as I continue vaping.

ETA: Side note: I ought to have Fasttech-ing known FastTech carried PEEK insulators for a reasonable price. Found a bunch here and there for up to $10 for a single insulator. Go to FastTech and find a five pack for less than $4. *smh* Well, better get to piddling. :hug: for everyone and everyone run 'er slow. :)

I can't recall exactly, but I'm sure I didn't pay more than about $45-$50 for my CF4-TC-75w-18650s... just because that's my own approximate cut-off point on "price I'm willing to pay" for a mod; the only one I paid more for, was my red custom-etched original CF4, but that was my very first no-smoke-a-versary gift to myself, so I thought $55 was warranted. Then I ended up getting the pink custom-etched one at cost, $25, so I ended up paying avg. $40 for each. :D

But if you're deadset on squonking... I can see where none of the regular kind of mods would really do anything for you. Which pretty much summarizes one of my major reasons for not jumping down the squonk rabbit hole -- as can be seen from the "family photo" I posted the other night, I've got way too much invested in nice mods to just turn my back on them. And since my Achilles hold 2.5ml, it's not like I'm having to *constantly* drip anyway -- 2.5ml goes a long way at 9.5w. :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't recall exactly, but I'm sure I didn't pay more than about $45-$50 for my CF4-TC-75w-18650s... just because that's my own approximate cut-off point on "price I'm willing to pay" for a mod; the only one I paid more for, was my red custom-etched original CF4, but that was my very first no-smoke-a-versary gift to myself, so I thought $55 was warranted. Then I ended up getting the pink custom-etched one at cost, $25, so I ended up paying avg. $40 for each. :D

But if you're deadset on squonking... I can see where none of the regular kind of mods would really do anything for you. Which pretty much summarizes one of my major reasons for not jumping down the squonk rabbit hole -- as can be seen from the "family photo" I posted the other night, I've got way too much invested in nice mods to just turn my back on them. And since my Achilles hold 2.5ml, it's not like I'm having to *constantly* drip anyway -- 2.5ml goes a long way at 9.5w. :)

Andria
Yeah juices last a long time when you tootle puff.
Ok Andria, I'll start weaning myself off the wta. It makes me cough a lot. And, I need to get back on that journey.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh yeah, this is what I do when I'm at work and not on the ADHD meds. Throw sticky toys at the ceiling with my coworkers. heheheOne of the chickens has been there 2 weeks now.

upload_2017-5-24_9-38-33.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah juices last a long time when you tootle puff.
Ok Andria, I'll start weaning myself off the wta. It makes me cough a lot. And, I need to get back on that journey.

The thing is to do it slowly and systematically... which is the great benefit of using WTA rather that just smoking, it's MUCH easier to systematically wean down! When I first started my wean-down, I was at 10% WTA in my recipes (using the 24-25mg WTA), and every month until I got down to 4%, I reduced it one percentage point -- even though the first week at a new lower percentage was kinda rough; not craving cigarettes, just emotionally out of sorts, cranky and easy to set off. ;) But after a week at the new lower level, that would ease off, and I'd be fine... till the next month, when I had to do it all over again. But I figured that was still a WHOLE LOT easier than being suddenly unable to get WTA and having to go cold-turkey off it... which wouldn't be much easier than going cold-turkey off cigarettes.

Once I got down to 4%, then I reduced it by .5% point every 2 weeks... then when I got to 2%, I went by .2%, weekly... when I got to 1%, then I went down by .1% weekly, till it was finally gone.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Poor guy - getting a Caucasian cock

Aren't those not as bodacious as an African's?

Then having to get your schlong tattooed - yikes!
I was thinking the same stuff! lol
The thing is to do it slowly and systematically... which is the great benefit of using WTA rather that just smoking, it's MUCH easier to systematically wean down! When I first started my wean-down, I was at 10% WTA in my recipes (using the 24-25mg WTA), and every month until I got down to 4%, I reduced it one percentage point -- even though the first week at a new lower percentage was kinda rough; not craving cigarettes, just emotionally out of sorts, cranky and easy to set off. ;) But after a week at the new lower level, that would ease off, and I'd be fine... till the next month, when I had to do it all over again. But I figured that was still a WHOLE LOT easier than being suddenly unable to get WTA and having to go cold-turkey off it... which wouldn't be much easier than going cold-turkey off cigarettes.

Once I got down to 4%, then I reduced it by .5% point every 2 weeks... then when I got to 2%, I went by .2%, weekly... when I got to 1%, then I went down by .1% weekly, till it was finally gone.

Andria
Ok. Next time I fill tanks I'll start the cut down. :eek:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was looking forward to having some Creole tomatoes today. My nephew didn't bring them last night. I should get them sometime today though. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We moved some furniture around last night, so I had some nice china bric-a-brac that was all dusty and cobwebby; left them soaking overnight, and got them washed and rinsed a minute ago... of course I got my breakfast dishes into the dishwasher first, so I'm at least somewhat ahead of the game, and got one of chores done that I woke up thinking about.... but the other stuff, I just feel like... "meh". The nap is beckoning....

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I also got some of the music from my PC copied to my phone's SD card, so that chore is partially accomplished, and I've been listening to some of my country favorites today. :) (Dwight Yoakum, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, Little Big Town, The Band Perry... and I think also some Luke Bryan and Joe Nichols.) It makes a nice change-up from the classic rock and 90's-to-early-2000's alternative and grunge I've been listening to lately.

Andria

VU Sponsors