Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad you enjoy it Andria, but to me Country and favorite are mutually exclusive words.

It was when I ran screaming from rap and hiphop, I discovered that "southern rock" had migrated to "country music". :giggle: And I've always liked rockabilly -- it was what made Buddy Holly and Jerry Lee Lewis stars, after all. :)

I still detest the crappy "country music" from the late 60s, the 70s, and some of the 80s, with all the damn orchestral arrangements; that shit just does not FIT. Country should be raw and vernacular, not orchestral.

I also discovered a love for "creole country"... zydeco! Awesome stuff!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Country I do not like Rap and such I detest.

Buddy Holly is fine and so is some bluegrass esp when no singing ;)
except for a couple of songs never cared much for southern rock.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I discovered that trying to cultivate a taste for country music was really just self-defense, in several ways:

a) I live in the deep south, and country is heard A LOT! around here, so it's good if you can at least tolerate it;
b) my husband LOVES country, so.. see (a); and
c) there are only a few good rock stations in the metro-ATL area, and really just 2 that we can pick up well, where we live... so if something I totally HATE is playing on both of them, or they won't stop yap-yap-yap-yapping, there are THREE country stations we can pick up well, and one of them might be playing something I can tolerate. perhaps even something I like. :)

And because I was willing to give country a listen, and learned to appreciate a good bit of the newer stuff and even a little of the old, my husband did the same for AC/DC, which has been one of my own faves since the 70s; it's one of the few "metal" bands I truly LOVE. So we each compromised a little and harmony has pretty much reigned ever since.... unless I sit there going "oy.. oy.. oy.. oy.." when "TNT" plays on the radio, then my husband goes bonkers. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Country was all i heard until I was about 15. We had both kinds of music on the radio. Country and Western.
And elevator music if you had FM.
My first car had a tube type radio.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well fugee's, gotta admit. I smoked today.....I smoked a lot.....

But its not as bad as anyone thinks...............

Smokin was actually a good thing......

05c8ae2b4aef404795cfe8661fa72c40.png

Smoked buckboard bacon!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's another that's country, but pretty much crosses the line into rap, too:

I love the melody, and I FUCKING LOVE Rascal Flatt's lead singer's voice.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This one.... I never can decide exactly what genre it fits; it's really a perfect mix between rock, blues, and rap.... but I love the hell out of it:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave: :hug: :) Here's one that we enjoy. I agree with @chopdoc regarding country, it kind of pisses me off. Grew up listening to it. I got the Statlers, Alabama, George Jones, Hank Sr., Tammy Wynette, all the old classic country. Can listen to some now but only in small doses. I recall some negative situations associated with country. Suffice to say I never have understood a man that idolized John Wayne yet still hit women. Ah well, life moves on, I'll listen to the Nomad.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:wave: :hug: :) Here's one that we enjoy. I agree with @chopdoc regarding country, it kind of pisses me off. Grew up listening to it. I got the Statlers, Alabama, George Jones, Hank Sr., Tammy Wynette, all the old classic country. Can listen to some now but only in small doses. I recall some negative situations associated with country. Suffice to say I never have understood a man that idolized John Wayne yet still hit women. Ah well, life moves on, I'll listen to the Nomad.

That's more or less exactly why I can't listen to country from the 60s, 70s, and 80s -- my stepfather listened to it constantly, so I had no choice but to hear it, and I really disliked him at the time -- my opinion of him has definitely improved in recent years, but I still hate that music. :D I mainly like the "new country," which sounds a lot more like "southern rock" from the 70s, or newer "classic" country, like Alan Jackson -- no bad memories associated with it, so I was able to listen to it and judge it on its own merits, and a lot of it, I do like -- but it took a while to really come around to that point of view. (but, if my husband wasn't a country music fan, I probably never would have -- many things are possible, with great love!)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, thx to @Angrygod50 's heads-up of the Mem Day sale at BCF, I ordered 4 flavors to get started mixing some testers for my son.

INW - tab. for Camel -- Taste and smell of a very popular brand of cigarette, blend of Turkish and Virginia tobacco.
INW - Dromedary (S'Camel) -- Sweet tobacco taste with a hint of ash at the end.
FA - Desert Ship Blend -- Rich and smooth notes of Turkish tobacco, with a pleasant, flavorful background.
HS - Turkish Blended -- Smooth Turkish cigarette flavour with Latakia notes. (Hangsen)

So they'll be able to have a nice long steep before he actually gets here, since that seems to always improve tobacco flavors.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I ordered about 8 bottles from BCF. Ones that I had been keeping on a list from the DIY or Die guy that he bragged on.

I really like the Hangsen Desert Ship tobacco flavoring.

VU Sponsors