Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking that, earlier, but I needed to get the white load of laundry done before I ran completely out of kitchen hand towels. Now they're in the dryer, it's nearly 5, so I'm starting to ponder the age-old question... what's for dinner? :giggle:

At least I was smart enough earlier when I escaped my room to start the whites, to also get the breakfast dishes done. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heck of a storm here. A fish drowning downpour, thunder, hail and a flurry of encyclopedia salesmen dressed as clowns.

It's been gorgeous here today... and s'posed to rain Monday! Good lord, the weather has such horrible timing. I know it needs to rain, and often, but I'd sure prefer it NOT happening on holidays that include cookouts. :mad:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@JuicyLucy
WD40 works nice under the switch screw head on the CV mods.
Clean up the strap nicely with 400 grit sandpaper then apply just a thin coating of WD40.
Did one a few days ago and it has not missed a beat since.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@JuicyLucy
WD40 works nice under the switch screw head on the CV mods.
Clean up the strap nicely with 400 grit sandpaper then apply just a thin coating of WD40.
Did one a few days ago and it has not missed a beat since.

Intersting - one of my aluminum ones is due for a teardown - might give that a shot

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't make your mod smell funny?
Nope but it would if you spray it all over it.
also I think part of the WD40 stink is in the propellant maybe?
Also the liquid in the little bottle is great to apply to locks, hinges, etc.

Just takes literally 1/2 drop from one of the needle tip bottles.
I used 1 drop after assy at the point of the screw and strap junction and then dabbed it with a bit of vaper towell to remove any excess.
I think it would prolly work nicely on mech threads as well.
Just a dab will do ya.

I expect that you need to clean the contact area prior to application.
I di and so far it is working better than it ever has.
I found the screw to strap connection to be the flakiest area on the CV mods.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I found the screw to strap connection to be the flakiest area on the CV mods.

I am using OxGard on the CV parts, doing so avoids oxidation & improves connectivity. It also serves as being a bit of lubricant.

Apologies, it might seem I have drifted away a bit lately. I am merely having a quiet phase, doing so off the wires and in life as well. As life goes on I become more my Pap. Recall in growing up there were times I felt lucky to get two words from him in as many weeks. He mauled a lot over prior to speaking and acting. Usually this served him well. We're simply a quiet lot metering our passion of living. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY :)

Yesterday was a screwed up day. Tried to cut some grass and got the lawnmower stuck in the mud so had to fix the four wheeler in order to pull the lawnmower out. And the ex calls me to tell me her boat trailer has smoke coming off the wheel. Told her and told her she has to grease the wheel bearings ever time it comes out the water but like usual she knew way more than me and the bearings came apart on it. So spent the afternoon in 90 degree sun replacing wheel bearings in someones driveway. Made sure she was just as greasy and sweaty as me by the time we got done. Then to make matters worse she takes Rascal home. Yeah its her week but we was having fun.
Then the day just couldnt end quietly, hell no. At 9:30 last night she is banging on my door. Her cell phone broke and its up to me to deal with it,,,,,jeez. That fucked up a real good buzz I had going on. :(

Hope today is a better day....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's and GFY :)

Yesterday was a screwed up day. Tried to cut some grass and got the lawnmower stuck in the mud so had to fix the four wheeler in order to pull the lawnmower out. And the ex calls me to tell me her boat trailer has smoke coming off the wheel. Told her and told her she has to grease the wheel bearings ever time it comes out the water but like usual she knew way more than me and the bearings came apart on it. So spent the afternoon in 90 degree sun replacing wheel bearings in someones driveway. Made sure she was just as greasy and sweaty as me by the time we got done. Then to make matters worse she takes Rascal home. Yeah its her week but we was having fun.
Then the day just couldnt end quietly, hell no. At 9:30 last night she is banging on my door. Her cell phone broke and its up to me to deal with it,,,,,jeez. That fucked up a real good buzz I had going on. :(

Hope today is a better day....

Give an ex an inch....and they will continue to screw up your life, which is the reason they are exes to begin with :bomb:

Now GFY and stop answering the phone and only answer the door naked

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Give an ex an inch....and they will continue to screw up your life, which is the reason they are exes to begin with :bomb:

Absofuckinglutely. When my ex gave me the "but you're still addicted to nicotine" bullshit when I told him I'd switched to vaping and quit smoking completely, I severed ALL ties, even email. But recently I have very sneakily talked him around to being a vape supporter. ;)

But that ex of choppie's... jeez... that woman seems like a total waste of oxygen.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Cant open the door naked Lucy, that girl is waiting for a chance to get me in the sack so she can believe she is in control again. Not gonna happen. Keep tellin her the meds the doc got me on makes it impossible :teehee:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Chucky Cheese is expensive - can see why it seems like perdition

In addition to the bad pizza, annoying animatrons, rug rats and the NOISE
I like playing their roller ball game.
I used to have parties there when I son was little. One time he came back to the table with a slice a pizza and our pizza hadn't been brought yet. He stole it off another table. :rolleyes:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to have parties there when I son was little. One time he came back to the table with a slice a pizza and our pizza hadn't been brought yet. He stole it off another table. :rolleyes:
Lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

ROFLMAO

Hey Cromwell, Atcha's son found a way for you to save some dough!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I've lived there my whole life, except for 2 years post Katrina when I was moved to Tucson and I just moved to Ohio in November

BAM crew
Wow that's interesting. I was born in Nola, lived in Metairie and Kenner. Cousins live there and my sister is in Kenner. I've been in Texas for quite a while now.
Katrina was horrible.
Edit: Oh yeah and the ChuckeCheese here sells beer too. I'm in a military town.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow that's interesting. I was born in Nola, lived in Metairie and Kenner. Cousins live there and my sister is in Kenner. I've been in Texas for quite a while now.
Katrina was horrible.
Edit: Oh yeah and the ChuckeCheese here sells beer too. I'm in a military town.
I've successfully avoided the one up here.
They do have some bug indoor amusement parks that serve tap though.

Thank Christ

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chucky Cheese is expensive - can see why it seems like perdition

In addition to the bad pizza, annoying animatrons, rug rats and the NOISE
yeah Ex DIL just getting by on money and has to have what must have been a $250 birthday party for a 9 yr old....
Priorities.
Of course the wife unit paid for most of it so NO vape budget for the next month or three.
and no new shoes for my poor old feet.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should be in the constitution. If you sell pizza you must sell beer.
I got 1 slice of pizza for around $150....
and this one sold no beer. No alcohol sales on Sunday in KY.
Except at restaurants that get 75% of their income from food sales. In some counties. We still have dry counties here where NO alcohol is sold period.

VU Sponsors