Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bummer on the expensive shipping - but with Flavorah you will use a whole lot less of it than the cheaper stuff at least

True dat -- I got some Flavorah clove to make this clove cigar mix for the spawn, and that shit is POTENT! I'm mixing 4.5% TFA Cubano with 2% FLV clove, and it's REALLY clove-y!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have that bitter gene so its kinda expected I would imagine. I been noticing my taste been screwed up and its probably been that way all along. Vapes taste normally fine to me but other things dont. Some things that should have a blueberry flavor or mango flavor or something like that on the exhale always taste like soap to me.
Ahh yes the soap flavor and the Play Dough flavor too ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New Amsterdam.

That so far looks interesting. I'll need to go look at episode two here in a bit.

Bah! *grumbles incoherently* Could not get out today for doing firewood for FIL. Would have like to gotten to it, sooner the better so we're not messing with it dead of Winter in 4 ft of snow. FIL & MIL came over this morn about 8:30. He had to go buy a new vehicle. His old one had had the motor blown up.

I asked my wife how that happened. She let on as being unsure. I kind of figure it was the other SIL & / her sister taking out vengeance in rubber. At any given FIL told me today was called off due to being too wet, rained last night and dew was stick hung on the ground.

He said we might get to it tomorrow but he'd have to see how things went, deferring again to the weather. Frankly, getting a bit fed up playing second fiddle to weather. Yep, I know, not one iota of a thing i can do other than take it as it comes. Doesn't make it any less frustrating to me. *smh* "Well, piss!" :)

antioch Church Rd.

Hm. *shows signs of deep brain activity* Think I recall being down toward that way, maybe once or twice. Know we went to Lookout Mountain to go do some hang gliding stuff. Hm, think that might have been where I repelled out of a chopper that just did an up to set level, let guys shimmy out.

That probably was the spark of an argument between me & dad, parachuting or hang gliding. I like using a chute. Not sure if it Antioch Church Road there or maybe one at another spot, so many different Antioch Church Roads all over America. Hm, or is it that Lookout Mountain is in TN? Ducky says it is Tennessee.

Makes sense too, area there would need an Antioch Church, so the Europeans could settle the Native "curses" after the last battle of the Cherokee. I get so cornfused at times. *smh & chuckles* If I don't get into something ain't worth the living of it.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That so far looks interesting. I'll need to go look at episode two here in a bit.

It's a fucking great show, about a doc who practices medicine the way it OUGHT to be practiced by ALL docs -- money is secondary to health care! Actually my own doc is kinda that way. He knows I don't have health insurance, so when he needs to do anything "extra", blood work or chest x-ray, he charges me only the at-cost price -- whatever the test costs *him* to run. Been my doc for more than 20 yrs, but he's the same age as my ol man, 65 now, so I'm dreading the day he retires. I like him a great deal, and trust him implicitly -- exactly the right attitude to any doc, so you get the positive "panacea" effect, but so many docs nowadays just haven't earned it. It's very hard to get well if you don't trust your doc!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
about a doc who practices medicine the way it OUGHT to be practiced by ALL docs -- money is secondary to health care!

I misspoke earlier. Saw the third episode when I went to look at it. I agree that it is a wonderful show. Hopefully, it will not get canceled off the air for what the message it presents.

I liked him talking to a pregnant lady who was shy of six weeks until she got out of prison. "I'll find a way that nobody will take your baby from you. There's always a way." I paraphrase as I'm not sure I recall the exactness. His speech to the Dean then with the lady donor about giving the money to Riker's Island was great too. "We can break the chain here and now. There's always a way to change."

A message like this might get seen as inciting and promoting insurrection. Then, get pulled off the air. Would not surprise me if that happens considering such a thing could fall into the realm of silent warfare. "Oh no, the "enemy" is gaining hope from a television show, quick crush them!" Kind of makes me want to slog around in my shit kicking boots and well, kick some shit. *chuckles*

-- exactly the right attitude to any doc, so you get the positive "panacea" effect, but so many docs nowadays just haven't earned it. It's very hard to get well if you don't trust your doc!

Got a "battle weary axe" nurse from the Navy here. She's one of those what is practicing until she can get the doctor shingle, if she ever gets there. There's no sugar coating anything for me and she can get pissed at other medical "professionals" if they screw me around. There's not be a real "heavy handed" scolding from her to me regarding my weight, yet I know she absolutely wants me dropping it as quick as I safely can. Part of her reasoning is it would help mitigate depression a bit. It would also help get some pain out of me, possibly get inflammation, arthritis under control.

One thing she and my mental health therapist would like to do is get me to quit over producing cortisol. It is a real nasty enemy for any body, kind of more so for me what with my worrisome worrying. *sighs* I get in my own way a lot. *smh* Well, I better get to the rack. Chief hollered over the FakeBook chat at me. "We'll try 10 in the morning," he said. I figure it'll still be too wet. Weather here today was crap. I agree we need saw bones we can trust, guys like that one on the New Amsterdam show. The placebo panacea offered in the human touch goes a long way. Saw that a lot running as an e.m.t the little I did. Need trust to get to the touch, though. Well, I reckon ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a "battle weary axe" nurse from the Navy here. She's one of those what is practicing until she can get the doctor shingle, if she ever gets there. There's no sugar coating anything for me and she can get pissed at other medical "professionals" if they screw me around. There's not be a real "heavy handed" scolding from her to me regarding my weight, yet I know she absolutely wants me dropping it as quick as I safely can. Part of her reasoning is it would help mitigate depression a bit. It would also help get some pain out of me, possibly get inflammation, arthritis under control.

One thing she and my mental health therapist would like to do is get me to quit over producing cortisol. It is a real nasty enemy for any body, kind of more so for me what with my worrisome worrying. *sighs* I get in my own way a lot. *smh* Well, I better get to the rack. Chief hollered over the FakeBook chat at me. "We'll try 10 in the morning," he said. I figure it'll still be too wet. Weather here today was crap. I agree we need saw bones we can trust, guys like that one on the New Amsterdam show. The placebo panacea offered in the human touch goes a long way. Saw that a lot running as an e.m.t the little I did. Need trust to get to the touch, though. Well, I reckon ...

I agree it would help depression, and definitely help with the pain and inflammation; the *major* thing I've always hated when I get a bit heavier than I prefer is that it just isn't comfortable! There's too much belly in the way, if I want to put on my socks and shoes, and my hips, knees, ankles, and feet were not meant to carry that much weight! And they definitely complain, the few times I've forced them to.

It's never been diagnosed, other than "generalized anxiety syndrome" (which often accompanies clinical depression -- it definitely does in my case, which is probably why Effexor worked so well for me), but I suspect I may have a cortisol problem, too. And that may be the root underlying cause of my lifelong battles with insomnia. I think I've mentioned that I'm emetophobic -- the slightest hint of nausea and I'm gulping Dramamine and ginger capsules like nobody's business -- and a few years ago I think I puzzled out the root of that particular phobia, and it's cortisol. My mother suffered severe hyperemesis for almost the entire duration of her pregnancy with me, even near the end when a) that shit is supposed to be done with, and b) the fetus' hearing works very well. And of course, during emesis, cortisol skyrockets, hence all the sweating that goes along with it. Somehow in my developing fetal brain, a connection was forged between a) that sound, and b) the surge of cortisol that I suffered right along with her, while still connected to her -- that has carried over into not just the sound of it, but EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. It's about the only thing that makes sense for having a phobia about an admittedly unpleasant but entirely normal bodily function -- I don't like diarrhea but I don't have a phobia about it!

But I have to admit that emetophobia is useful for an alcoholic... it's about the only thing that could have gotten me to knock that shit off before it killed me or permanently wrecked my liver. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fuggee's. Hope everyone slept in today and is able to enjoy a lazy Sunday :)

I tried to behave myself, really I tried but thats just isnt always possible. Im waiting for my ass chewin now :devil: My mom been wanting me to order her a freezer and I been waiting until hurricane season was over simply because she said she would keep it empty during the hurricane season which I consider to be shit awe stupid but thats just my way of thinking. A chest freezer full runs cheaper and last longer when the power goes out. But anyways the freezer is a small one and it showed up yesterday. I loaded it onto my lil UTV and was gonna wait for the ex to come by and help me carry it into my moms place. I get chewed out by both my mom and ex for loading it up but the damn thing is only 100 lbs and was easy to lift. That kinda pissed me off so today I waited until my mom left for church and I took the freezer to her place, using a dolly carried it up the stairs of her porch and put it in the house where she wanted it. She will be home from church in about an hour and a half and she will chew me out, then call the ex who will call me to chew me out too. Seems Rascals is the only one on my side :giggle:. He gave me grins and kissys when I got back to the house :teehee:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys! I just wanted to do a quick flyby and say hello to my favorite peeps. I cannot get on the forum during the week anymore because we are being audited and people are losing their jobs. It's a very scary time for me and my co-workers. Then at home my internet has been out so the only time I can get on here is through my phone. But I just wanted to pop in and say hey and I miss all of you. Love you!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys! I just wanted to do a quick flyby and say hello to my favorite peeps. I cannot get on the forum during the week anymore because we are being audited and people are losing their jobs. It's a very scary time for me and my co-workers. Then at home my internet has been out so the only time I can get on here is through my phone. But I just wanted to pop in and say hey and I miss all of you. Love you!

:hug::blowkiss:

Miss you!!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I been following the trials and tribulations of your lil rotty boy :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIYA! Hang in there girl.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Way missed you Atchy

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
gourmet-sht.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree it would help depression, and definitely help with the pain and inflammation; the *major* thing I've always hated when I get a bit heavier than I prefer is that it just isn't comfortable! There's too much belly in the way, if I want to put on my socks and shoes, and my hips, knees, ankles, and feet were not meant to carry that much weight! And they definitely complain, the few times I've forced them to.

It's never been diagnosed, other than "generalized anxiety syndrome" (which often accompanies clinical depression -- it definitely does in my case, which is probably why Effexor worked so well for me), but I suspect I may have a cortisol problem, too. And that may be the root underlying cause of my lifelong battles with insomnia. I think I've mentioned that I'm emetophobic -- the slightest hint of nausea and I'm gulping Dramamine and ginger capsules like nobody's business -- and a few years ago I think I puzzled out the root of that particular phobia, and it's cortisol. My mother suffered severe hyperemesis for almost the entire duration of her pregnancy with me, even near the end when a) that shit is supposed to be done with, and b) the fetus' hearing works very well. And of course, during emesis, cortisol skyrockets, hence all the sweating that goes along with it. Somehow in my developing fetal brain, a connection was forged between a) that sound, and b) the surge of cortisol that I suffered right along with her, while still connected to her -- that has carried over into not just the sound of it, but EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. It's about the only thing that makes sense for having a phobia about an admittedly unpleasant but entirely normal bodily function -- I don't like diarrhea but I don't have a phobia about it!

But I have to admit that emetophobia is useful for an alcoholic... it's about the only thing that could have gotten me to knock that shit off before it killed me or permanently wrecked my liver. :D

Andria

Not emetophobic here. I just rarely vomit, tough constitution. The cortisol for me comes out of my skin with cellulite. Got some wire in one of my fingers and had "rocks" come of my finger after I got the wire out. The rocks were big old chunks of cellulite & cortisol that had pushed itself out. Hurt like a son of a something too. My nurse had me go antibiotics, mentioned something about blood poisoning. Shocked her in a way that it seemed the cortisol was acting in a way to stop the blood poisoning. But at the same time it was being nasty to the rest of me.

I get too worry or anxious and the cortisol can stop me. It makes me go stiff, rigid nearly. This is why i'm glad of recently getting back an interest in yoga. Might seem like simple stretching isn't exercise. For me, it's an uphill exercise. Well, I need to ...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

:teehee::finger: It's Monday, still Monday! I've not said the day could move yet. *grin*

Sorry, I'm just having an okay Tuesday. Couldn't help but be a bit smart assed. I got to go here in a bit and let a nurse poke me. Then, I'll go a week of eating everything not nailed down & a week of being an old ornery teenage horn dog. But oh the docs say it's for the best of me, it gives better quality of life, lets me not have rubber baby bones.

Had a second Coppervape go wonk on me the other day. I dropped it and it wasn't fitting back together right. Well, dug out my two Reo Grand style backups. Only one was workable. I could likely fix the other but not bothering. Got the Gorge sitting on an adapter with a beauty ring of all things. It looks funny as hell but damn it, it's cranking away. :cloud: :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:

And remember ...

Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks don't really kill people. They wipe out their entire existence from the space-time continuum.

Well, think I shall ...

firechick

Member For 4 Years
I just looked at their site. It may be a translation issue but I won't be jumping on the new coil band wagon until more information is available. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in these....for better or worse.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally stopped raining here.

47 deg and 74% humidity as I type....

Bwhaha, over. Bet you think you're funny, over! Stop sending rain, over. We need to split firewood, over. Unable to split firewood due to bottom being a pig sty, over. Technically, I could, over. There would be no help if I did though and FIL wants him & eldest nephew to help, over. Do you even read, over?

Also, I cannot go howling at the moon and be a sopping wet puppy in our nice apartment, over. The witch swears to newt me if I do so, over. So yeah, send us more of your rain, we really need bunches more of it, over.

Me to but the term antimicrobial has me wondering. Not sure how to make cotton anti microbial without adding something... Sterile of course but the anti part...

Don't look now but it is ant-cotton cotton, you know, ... rayon. :) Oh, I forgot to say over, over. If not rayon, some kind of -on that's man made synthetics I'd hazard to guess, over.

Misthub has them. Looking at them, I wonder if they got into my brain to use my idea of sterile gauze cotton. I checked out the gauze we got, despite my thinking otherwise, it is sterilized. Although, I'm still leaning to thinking they're (Smok) using something synthetic as per the way the words:

The 0.17 ohm single coil stands within new antibacterial medical grade Cotton that boasts longer lasting e-juice absorption than typical Organic Fiber Cotton.

Organic Fiber Cotton are seemingly highlighted out by capitalizing organic fiber cotton, gee yes cotton is a fiber and if left alone to grow it is organic. Why highlight the facts of obviousness? Well gee, maybe they grew GMO cotton? Used pesticides to grow the cotton & the chemicals in that had a side-effect of anti-bacterial-izing the cotton?

"We at Smok say it is all fine cotton to use. We did no dirty tricks to cotton to make it good. Our supplier rigorous test they pass to ensure cotton quality and we then process to make it antibacterial."

"What you talking about, Willis? Some such as that I say run, run far away. Next you know you'll be hearing that Specific Smok Cotton makes you glow in the dark."

It's just reading too hinky and creepy. It may be perfectly fine but damned if I'm gonna go run out to see. I was navy, it means Never Again Volunteer Yourself. I think this case, I'll listen too.

My honorable apologies though too if indeed the cotton is legitimate and not any health risk. The marketing though is not offering enough information or data for consumers to perceive good will and trust of the product. Can understand trade patents, IP and the like but there should be a better way to market the product & give consumers the perceptions they need of the product. Consumers do not need the exact "secret formula" so to say, but it's difficult accepting some product sight unseen will not cause harm if information is concealed.

Tough spot for Smok, I think. hm. Excuse me.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get chewed out by both my mom and ex for loading it up but the damn thing is only 100 lbs and was easy to lift. That kinda pissed me off

*chuckles & smh* Nope, doesn't ring the least bit familiar, not t'all.

Sometime last year when we had first gotten our first load of logs, one was setting awkward over two others but only partly on one. The other SIL couldn't figure out what FIL had meant to "swing that over yon, brace it out for cutting." Here's little wiry but puny me grabbing up an end of a log weighing at least 500 lbs, up two inches and walked back "over yon and braced up" on the other log it was slipping off.

The other SIL sputtering, "my gawd! ya know how much that weighed?"

"well not exact but over 500," I replied as I went on looking over the rest of the pile figure what else needed set up.

"You ought not be able to lift so much and even if you can you ought to get help," he spat.

"oh, you're not here," I asked and then content with the inspection of logs, sat over on one that was cut and sat upright. "let's get to splitting."

FIL told me later he had struggled that day to keep a straight face. He cannot lift any more, no where near that anyway. I waited just a few seconds to see if other SIL was gonna move to do. When he didn't I just did and so I did.

FIL keeps reminding me. "I've got no qualms at all in feeding you and Chris, or buying you something, giving you some money. Ultimately, I know I'll get it back with saying 'hey Ben, can you ..' and you go and do right then. I know you do that so to not forget. Means a lot you doing, others don't."

I told him once, "yeah and that dago is supposed to be oh so a family man, go figure." tell ya, he'd not be too welcome in some parts of Chicago with his own. Sometimes I almost feel sorry for him, almost.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People trying to divorce or amputate their tongues, if they get a dry hit on rayon. :facepalm: :blech:

Andria
I have heard from reputable sources that mesh attys that are improperly wicked give similar results even with cotton.
Not including the rolled mesh attys. I forget what they are called...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have heard from reputable sources that mesh attys that are improperly wicked give similar results even with cotton.
Not including the rolled mesh attys. I forget what they are called...

I dunno; the spawn has a mesh atty but it's one that takes replacement coils, rather than rebuildable. He likes it a lot, both for the vast clouds, flavor, and convenience. But does still use his OBS engine nano.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno; the spawn has a mesh atty but it's one that takes replacement coils, rather than rebuildable. He likes it a lot, both for the vast clouds, flavor, and convenience. But does still use his OBS engine nano.

Andria
I was talking about the ones that are rebuildable and use a little sheet of mesh shaped like a covered wagon top and stuffed with cotton.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a few dry hits on Rayon. Its no better or worse than cotton. Sucks either way.

You must not have had a SERIOUSLY dry and BURNT hit, because the taste of burnt rayon makes burnt cotton taste GOOD. Really. Burnt cotton is just burnt cotton... burnt rayon is a crime against humanity.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL if rayon and considering it is in Smok coils there will be some suprised vapers when they dry hit :)

*smirking with grin ear to ear & lol* Ayup, yup they will at that be.

I'm pondering moving to Canada. Legal now to carry around an ounce (30 g) of wacky w*** & use it even in public. Don't know that I would be a continual user but at least it would nice not to face Gitmo if I chose to chill of an evening. Trouble being convincing my witch of going to the Great White North.

That is compounded by two of our neighbors being late coming goth babies. She feels way too at home here. Not sure I mind either. Odd finding somewhere where you more or less fit into the woodwork.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors