Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Likewise choppy, glad you're feeling a little better. :)

I have a question again for the squonkers. I was fiddling with one of my new Caimans yesterday, getting the fat inner-airflow nozzle out and putting in the thin one, and when I unscrewed the fat one, I could see straight down the airflow, and it looks like *maybe* the top of the 510 screw, though I'm not sure yet. My question is, if that's the case, then using a hollow BF 510 screw would mean that squonking would send the juice straight up the airflow nozzle into the atty -- would that be a problem? I think the top of the inner airflow nozzle is far enough below the bottom of the coil that it could work, but of course I won't know for sure till I actually try it. Just wondering if experienced squonkmeisters can see any problem with that scenario that I'm not anticipating.

Andria

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Likerwise choppy, glad you're feeling a little better. :)

I have a question again for the squonkers. I was fiddling with one of my new Caimans yesterday, getting the fat inner-airflow nozzle out and putting in the thin one, and when I unscrewed the fat one, I could see straight down the airflow, and it looks like *maybe* the top of the 510 screw, though I'm not sure yet. My question is, if that's the case, then using a hollow BF 510 screw would mean that squonking would send the juice straight up the airflow nozzle into the atty -- would be a problem? I think the top of the inner airflow nozzle is far enough below the bottom of the coil that it could work, but of course I won't know for sure till I actually try it. Just wondering if experienced squonkmeisters can see any problem with that scenario that I'm not anticipating.

Andria

Okay, just for you I watched a Todd's review on this :)

As that stock 510 is meant to be adjustable, I don't see a problem with a squonk pin in and of itself.

However, two things come to mind that could be a problem: first is just making sure the the squonk bottle has enough oomph to squirt the juice that high up.

The second - if it does have enough oomph - is over squonking, as there will be zero drainage back into the bottle.

You might want to look at a "styled" clone: some of them come with squonk pins - though I have ZERO opinion on whether or not these are as good as authentic

$18.14 Caiman Styled MTL RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 ...https://www.fasttech.com › E-Cigarettes › Atomizers › RDA Atomizers

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, fuck; I can't get thru to FT. The main issue would be, in the "styled" Caiman, does it have the interchangeable inner airflow nozzles -- because that's what makes the atty suitable for me, with my super-tight-draw requirements -- even the 1.7mm smallest one is a bit too large, but putting a 16ga needle down it fixes it very well. In a squonk version, the bevel of the bottom of that needle would rest at or even slightly inside the BF 510.

I don't think oversquonking would be a huge problem, because it does have a rather deeper well than most RDAs, though not as deep as I prefer, the 2.5ml Achilles. But it holds roughly 1.5ml, which is a pretty good bit for someone who vapes at 10w or a bit less.

I'll check that link again in a little while, see if FT has become accessible. It does seem a bit goofy though, to pay more for a "styled" atty than the original. :D Of course if it provides a perfectly-fitting BF pin, it may well be worth it if only for that. But I do have quite a few BF pins here I can try, and my husband is excellent with a Dremel and a grinder. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I finally got thru to FT, and I like that FT version already; it comes WITH the translucent cap I had to pay $1.99 for at 3F, AND! it has Phillips coil screws. :) :) :) It does have the interchangeable nozzles, but it doesn't say what the sizes are; possibly one of my "authentic" ones could fit it, if FT's smallest one is too large.

I'll screw around with the 2 I have (the one I already had, I'll leave alone as a regular drip atty, since I got that translucent cap for it), and see if I can make it work, but if not, then that FT one will be ordered pronto. :) THANKS!!! :) :) :)

Andria

ETA: actually there is one thing about the FT one that might make it totally unsuitable for me: it says "5 airholes both sides" -- which might mean that even my one-airhole setting might actually mean there are 2 open airholes... which would be ENTIRELY too airy. So I dunno.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see that 3FVape has that same Caiman styled atty with a BF pin -- but it also says "5 holes both sides" so i dunno. I might be able to get more info from 3F, since I was very successful in getting them to add the translucent top cap to my order, with zero chinglish in the email exchanges, just very courteous and helpful and prompt. I know damn well that no email exchange with FT will be any of those things.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I see that 3FVape has that same Caiman styled atty with a BF pin -- but it also says "5 holes both sides" so i dunno. I might be able to get more info from 3F, since I was very successful in getting them to add the translucent top cap to my order, with zero chinglish in the email exchanges, just very courteous and helpful and prompt. I know damn well that no email exchange with FT will be any of those things.

Andria

I saw the 3F also, but they were sold out when I looked

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw the 3F also, but they were sold out when I looked

Hmm, just noticed that. Dammit. I guess I'd have to wait till they get more in stock to be able to get them to look at one and tell me if it really does have holes on both sides so that selecting just one hole means that 2 are actually open.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just don't wait too long - a lot of the newer squonk clones they are doing "one and done" lately; meaning they make one run and then stop making them

I requested notification for when they get more. With 3F, if it was in stock, I'd go ahead and order it, because it would get here in about 2 wks, and at the very least I'd have a BF pin that would fit my others, and some Phillips coil screws -- and another translucent cap! But with FT, who the hell knows, it could be here in 2 wks... or 2 months... ? The one on FT says "ships in 7 days" so it's kinda up in the air, and their shipping is shit anyway.

It's like Homer standing in front of the microwave: "Can't this thing go any faster?" :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with Rascal. I'm finally going to the doc so I had to get up a lot earlier than my usual crack o'noon, and IT'S FUCKING COLD!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god for my lil space heater in my room!

Andria
Frost still on the grass in tthe shade here.
Yeah same here on the getting up in the middle of the night. 6:30 this morning for me....
Maybe why I am ready to whip someone's ass?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm with Rascal. I'm finally going to the doc so I had to get up a lot earlier than my usual crack o'noon, and IT'S FUCKING COLD!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god for my lil space heater in my room!

Andria
Frost still on the grass in tthe shade here.
Yeah same here on the getting up in the middle of the night. 6:30 this morning for me....
Maybe why I am ready to whip someone's ass?

Last night around 10 I took Rascal out for his last trip of the night and then I got good and baked. :p Put on a movie, reclined back, rascal cuddled up to me and the next thing I knew it was 4:30 am and I slept good. Tried to go back to sleep but had to get up and that was it. Been up ever since. Now with Rascal, he gets up close to 8 this morning and then wasn't sure he really wanted to go out because damn it was cold @ 46 here. Yet we went out, he did his puppy business and in we came in for some breakfast and him to go back to snoring on the couch :giggle: Thats what he is doing now. I have this large lump under the blanky on the couch next to me and it is snoring loudly :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last night around 10 I took Rascal out for his last trip of the night and then I got good and baked. :p Put on a movie, reclined back, rascal cuddled up to me and the next thing I knew it was 4:30 am and I slept good. Tried to go back to sleep but had to get up and that was it. Been up ever since. Now with Rascal, he gets up close to 8 this morning and then wasn't sure he really wanted to go out because damn it was cold @ 46 here. Yet we went out, he did his puppy business and in we came in for some breakfast and him to go back to snoring on the couch :giggle: Thats what he is doing now. I have this large lump under the blanky on the couch next to me and it is snoring loudly :teehee:

I always wake up sometime early to go pee, which really ain't a problem, I just go back to bed and straight back to sleep. But when I have to get up so early anyway, it really irks me. I had my alarm set for 9:30, so when I woke at 8, I tried to go back to sleep and ignore my bladder for a little longer, but it just wasn't having it... so I had to get up. Got back to sleep right away... and then at 9, got a fucking leg cramp. :facepalm: At which point I said FUCK IT! (yeah, loudly!) and turned off the damn alarm and stayed up, though it was goddamn 66 degrees in here -- on went the space heater! Go out to the kitchen, and my fucking BRAIN TRUST! of a husband has left the fucking door to the garage partly open because the cat likes to go out there. I slammed that fucker immediately and told the cat she could go out at 10 and not to give me any shit!

I can see it's time to have some words with the mate about leaving goddamn doors open when it's less than 50 degrees outside, so probably just over 50 in the damn garage! Nevermind the damn cat, if I find that fucking door open again, HE can sleep out there!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will be glad when this election is over too. All this spam mail crap in my inbox begging for money from both partys is really pissing me off.

Mornin and happy Tuesday yall, and of course dont forget to GFY today :p

Went and seen my pulmonologist yesterday and that pissed me off too. The heart doctor says everything is fine, see ya in 3 months. The lung doctor says everything is fine, see ya in three months. Yet not a god damn one of them can tell me why I had a cardiac event 3 weeks ago that put me in the hospital. You only have to have your heart feel like someone is squeezing the fuck out of it once and you will never ever forget it yet these yahoos seem to think its all good and I should be more active. I just dont get it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We're having a hotly contested mudfest of a gubernatorial campaign here in GA, but I gotta say, I think they're both gubers. (SIC!) The dem candidate is a black woman who appears to weigh at least 350 lbs. Last week I got a campaigning text from her staff, wanting to know if she had my vote -- I replied that since it was quite apparent she couldn't even govern her waistline, I sincerely doubted she could govern a whole damn state. Funny, they never replied. :devil:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will be glad when this election is over too. All this spam mail crap in my inbox begging for money from both partys is really pissing me off.

Mornin and happy Tuesday yall, and of course dont forget to GFY today :p

Went and seen my pulmonologist yesterday and that pissed me off too. The heart doctor says everything is fine, see ya in 3 months. The lung doctor says everything is fine, see ya in three months. Yet not a god damn one of them can tell me why I had a cardiac event 3 weeks ago that put me in the hospital. You only have to have your heart feel like someone is squeezing the fuck out of it once and you will never ever forget it yet these yahoos seem to think its all good and I should be more active. I just dont get it.

Have they done all the fancy pictures (CAT, MRI, etc etc etc) of your coronary blood vessels? My stepfather's heart attack in '15 was because he had 3 that were fully blocked and the 4th wasn't looking too good either -- they did a triple bypass to fix it, and he's been in pretty good shape since, at least heart-wise.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The bad thing about elections, though... this one is considered a "mid-term" election.... So just as soon as this one is done, they'll be starting a new harass-the-voters campaign for 2020. :facepalm: I wish I could register as an Anarchist so they'd leave me alone... and I REALLY wish I could opt-out of the asinine TV commercials.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have they done all the fancy pictures (CAT, MRI, etc etc etc) of your coronary blood vessels? My stepfather's heart attack in '15 was because he had 3 that were fully blocked and the 4th wasn't looking too good either -- they did a triple bypass to fix it, and he's been in pretty good shape since, at least heart-wise.

Andria

They did all that stuff to me and said everything looked good. Then I asked whats causing this and they decided to go into me and see and thats when they found my main artery of my heart was about closed. Put a stint in that and the other blockages was 30 to 40 percent and they wasnt worried about them. They completely missed the blockages on all the scans and tests.

With the woman running for Gov in your state, she is funny. From what I heard she has defaulted on over $200K in debt yet wants people to think she is able to handle the economy of Georgia. Now thats funny lol. Sadly if she was running in this screwed up state, she would probably win.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They did all that stuff to me and said everything looked good. Then I asked whats causing this and they decided to go into me and see and thats when they found my main artery of my heart was about closed. Put a stint in that and the other blockages was 30 to 40 percent and they wasnt worried about them. They completely missed the blockages on all the scans and tests.

With the woman running for Gov in your state, she is funny. From what I heard she has defaulted on over $200K in debt yet wants people to think she is able to handle the economy of Georgia. Now thats funny lol. Sadly if she was running in this screwed up state, she would probably win.

My husband heard a good joke about her. He deals with shipping/receiving at the plant he works at, and this UPS guy told him he was delivering something to Abrams' campaign headquarters; Stacy looks up and says "How do I get to 285?" The answer was "Stay away from the biscuits, Stacy." :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

The other guy, Brian Kemp, he's got a southern accent you can cut with a dull knife -- the way he says it, it sounds like "Bron Camp". Abrams keeps running smear commercials about him defaulting on a loan... and I'm thinking, well shit, I'vr got a delinquent student loan, he's the man for me! :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I've been feeling under the weather; the dratted sinus infection that I finally went to see the doc about yesterday. Now I'm taking antibiotics, which will undoubtedly make me well, but in the meantime, make me feel even worse. :( But I finally got my new translucent tank on my Caiman, and it really does help; it allows light inside, so that even from the top, it's much easier to fill without overfilling and making a mess. Looks pretty sweet too.

newtranslucenttank.jpg

Maybe in a few days I'll feel up to dealing the squonk business.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Woke up to a real blast from the past: a mouth full of juice while attempting my first vape this morning :eek:

Can't remember the last time that happened - well over a year :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As I keep saying... "shit happens" applies x10 to anything vape related. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lets just say it was pitch dark and I was still enjoying many of the benefits of sleep when the incident occurred :giggle:

That makes me glad that I just leave my mod on my desk when I go to bed -- I have to actually be on my feet to reach it. :D But I do my "regular daily vape regimen" in the morning.. er, afternoon sometimes... while I'm waiting on the water to boil or tea to brew, so it would be risky to take a hit beforehand, it's usually close to empty when I go to bed, and a dry hit is really not what I want, first thing after waking. :D (a wet one is surely just as bad!) I got very accustomed to having to wait at least 30 mins after waking to be able to smoke, so now, 15-20 mins seems like holy shit quickness. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I have a bedside vape, a computer desk vape, basement vape and an out and about vape
All are either Pico Squeeze or Kanger Kbox Mini mod and Subtank Mini, Merlin OG RTA or Wasp Nano.
All I have vaped on for quite a few months.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ohh I have a bedside vape, a computer desk vape, basement vape and an out and about vape
All are either Pico Squeeze or Kanger Kbox Mini mod and Subtank Mini, Merlin OG RTA or Wasp Nano.
All I have vaped on for quite a few months.

My usual bedside vape is the Petri RTA - but it was dark so I just grabbed the first thing

Unless it happens again, I'll just chalk it up to "one of those things"

Don't think I ever flooded that RTA before

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My usual bedside vape is the Petri RTA - but it was dark so I just grabbed the first thing

Unless it happens again, I'll just chalk it up to "one of those things"

Don't think I ever flooded that RTA before
Must have been a bad battery?

:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, the taste of rayon is truly "gagamaggot", could knock a vulture off a shitwagon.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rainy damn day here today. Poor Rascal went out and came right back in this morning. He had a bath yesterday and wants no part of getting wet for a while :p

VU Sponsors