Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
nancy-reagan-just-say-no-to-drugs-baby-comicsagogo.jpg

Fuck you Nancy Reagan​

Saying no to drugs was a piece of cake compared to cigarettes. I got off all the white powders and mother's little helpers strictly by force of will, and even alcohol, thx to AA... but without vaping, I'd have smoked till it killed me. There's just no comparison.

Andria

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's 23 degrees here right now with a wind chill of 10 degrees. I want late spring back!! :gaah:

weather.com says we have 31 degrees currently, and "feels like" 21. Thank god, my husband is taking a half-day off after lunch, so he can go to the bank for me, and take me to the doc. I actually didn't feel too bad yesterday, but I think I was feverish again when I went to bed. This does seem to have morphed into something bacterial; last week, there was no doubt whatever, I was SICK and felt it, pretty much anytime I was awake. Now it's that on again off again shit, the really confusing condition where you don't know if you're sick or not... which is pretty much how bacterial infections behave, so I guess it's good that I'm seeing the doc so quickly instead of letting it drag on as I did before.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There was a funny on TV last night, though the actual funniness only just hit me.

I've been a fan of Bones for years; they're soon ending that show, just 2 more episodes. Last night's episode had David Faustino as a guest star. At first I couldn't place the name, though I definitely recognized it. In the show itself, about the murder of a guy shooting a B-movie, while the Bones crew is watching some of the footage from said B-movie, someone says "That guy [Faustino] looks familiar." Booth (David Boreanaz) says "Well, he ought to, he played Bud Bundy for 10 yrs on Married with Children." Which jogged my memory, but only partially... I kept thinking, there's some kind of link there somewhere, but it never came to me... until about 10 minutes ago: Boreanaz got his TV debut on Married with Children, as one of the guys Kelly was making out with, who Al Bundy kicked out of the house, and then slammed his head in the front door a few times. :giggle:

Andria

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There was a funny on TV last night, though the actual funniness only just hit me.

I've been a fan of Bones for years; they're soon ending that show, just 2 more episodes. Last night's episode had David Faustino as a guest star. At first I couldn't place the name, though I definitely recognized it. In the show itself, about the murder of a guy shooting a B-movie, while the Bones crew is watching some of the footage from said B-movie, someone says "That guy [Faustino] looks familiar." Booth (David Boreanaz) says "Well, he ought to, he played Bud Bundy for 10 yrs on Married with Children." Which jogged my memory, but only partially... I kept thinking, there's some kind of link there somewhere, but it never came to me... until about 10 minutes ago: Boreanaz got his TV debut on Married with Children, as one of the guys Kelly was making out with, who Al Bundy kicked out of the house, and then slammed his head in the front door a few times. :giggle:

Andria
I am in the final episode of Bones...one of the EMTs

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Evening fugee's. Did everyone GFY today?

I dunno. Does it qualify that I went to the doctor, opened my wallet for $75 to fly out, then had to open it again for $25.95 for an antibiotic at Publix?

Still.. I'm not too unhappy. Since I didn't wait 5 fucking weeks this time, he didn't take any blood or insist on a chest x-ray, so the $75 office visit fee covered the whole thing. Beats hell out of the $300 like last time.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I dunno. Does it qualify that I went to the doctor, opened my wallet for $75 to fly out, then had to open it again for $25.95 for an antibiotic at Publix?

Still.. I'm not too unhappy. Since I didn't wait 5 fucking weeks this time, he didn't take any blood or insist on a chest x-ray, so the $75 office visit fee covered the whole thing. Beats hell out of the $300 like last time.

Andria

Recently I emailed both my congressmen and the White House about that. It irks the piss out of me that everyone on capital hill thinks affordable health care is all about insurance. That is not the problem, the real problem at its core is the greed of the medical industry. All doctors do not have the god given right to be millionaires within a couple years of starting to practice medicine.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The good time is approaching,
The season is at hand.
When the merry click of the two-base lick
Will be heard throughout the land.
The frost still lingers on the earth, and
Budless are the trees.
But the merry ring of the voice of spring
Is borne upon the breeze.
-- Ode to Opening Day, "The Sporting News", 1886

The word of the day is legs, spread the word of the day. ;) :)

Emerald City, Grimm, Magicians, APB, Naked & Afraid, & also been watching WWE & Impact "wrestling" just as a lark. Of course, me watching much of anything usually results in me passed out and snoring five minutes into it. Find it's about the same when I try reading much too. I used to read ravenously, shoot I read Ivanhoe & Othello, The Hobbit at age five all in a week, the next week was three Tarzan books, half of the Bible concordance, and I think Cujo. No kidding or leg pulling, by the time i was in third grade, had read all of the grammar school's library and was half through the High school's. The librarians could not keep up with me. Now, I cannot read much lest I snooze. *smh*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Recently I emailed both my congressmen and the White House about that. It irks the piss out of me that everyone on capital hill thinks affordable health care is all about insurance. That is not the problem, the real problem at its core is the greed of the medical industry. All doctors do not have the god given right to be millionaires within a couple years of starting to practice medicine.

Yup. The reason I don't have insurance is because I CAN'T AFFORD IT. The only insurance available to me is Kaiser Permanente, from my husband's work. It's more PER MONTH than our fucking mortgage; it has a $1000/yr deductible, and even after it kicks in, there is still a $40 co-pay. A, we can't afford to pay for anything that costs more per month than our fucking mortgage; B, I NEVER spend $1000/yr in medical fees, if you leave out once-in-a-lifetime things like appendicitis; C, I can't afford a $40 co-pay either. I got that prescription for $26, being uninsured. Normally I see my doc twice a year, so that's $150, not even CLOSE to $1000 -- even with it going to 3 times this year, thx to this sinusitis, that's only $225/yr. And even if I had to pay for my inhalers instead of getting them free from GSK (because I'm uninsured!), it would only be $600/yr. So now we're up to $800-ish per year -- still not close to the $1000 deductible, so I'd still be out of pocket for everything... WHILE PAYING MORE FOR THE FUCKING INSURANCE THAN OUR FUCKING MORTGAGE. It makes no sense at all. So I'm uninsured.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Uh oh! I see a zombie! And that poor bunny is bouncing around happy and clueless of the danger.

ROTF!
LMAO!!
Well, we missed ya. If we don't tell you, you won't know, and you'll keep staying away, and that would just plain be UNSAT. :cry::blowkiss:

Andria
Awe ((((Andria))))
don't know, they aren't filmed chronologically, and to tell you what is going on, would give too much away. I am the only EMT wearing jeans with a bunker coat, as if I came from off duty ;)
That's SO awesome Cody! Looks like you're on your way!!!
I did 6 seasons worth of Breaking Bad in two weeks. My current show is The American's. Anyone watch this?
Always wanted to watch that. Maybe I'll watch on Kodi.
GFY all!!!! And, GM!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup. The reason I don't have insurance is because I CAN'T AFFORD IT. The only insurance available to me is Kaiser Permanente, from my husband's work. It's more PER MONTH than our fucking mortgage; it has a $1000/yr deductible, and even after it kicks in, there is still a $40 co-pay. A, we can't afford to pay for anything that costs more per month than our fucking mortgage; B, I NEVER spend $1000/yr in medical fees, if you leave out once-in-a-lifetime things like appendicitis; C, I can't afford a $40 co-pay either. I got that prescription for $26, being uninsured. Normally I see my doc twice a year, so that's $150, not even CLOSE to $1000 -- even with it going to 3 times this year, thx to this sinusitis, that's only $225/yr. And even if I had to pay for my inhalers instead of getting them free from GSK (because I'm uninsured!), it would only be $600/yr. So now we're up to $800-ish per year -- still not close to the $1000 deductible, so I'd still be out of pocket for everything... WHILE PAYING MORE FOR THE FUCKING INSURANCE THAN OUR FUCKING MORTGAGE. It makes no sense at all. So I'm uninsured.

Andria
I can't get my epidurals for my neck anymore without going through so much hassle. It's bad because the past few months I've been getting more numb arm episodes. Hopefully I can retire in 2 1/2 years and not being at a desk all day will help.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Main shows I been watching is Lethal Weapon, Emerald City and Timeless.

They're doing a good job with Lethal Weapon, aren't they? I think Clayne Crawford is a better fit as Riggs than Wayans as Murtaugh, but they stick pretty well to the *spirit* of the movies, even while changing some details -- the name of Riggs' late wife, the way she died, etc. I LOVED the movies, some of my faves EVER, and I'm really enjoying the TV show too. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't get my epidurals for my neck anymore without going through so much hassle. It's bad because the past few months I've been getting more numb arm episodes. Hopefully I can retire in 2 1/2 years and not being at a desk all day will help.

That totally sucks -- insurance is supposed to make things EASIER... but they've got the system so rigged in their favor, it's better to just abstain from the damn system! Which also sucks! That really bad asthma attack I had a couple wks ago -- I did tell my doc about that, since he's my asthma doc, and he asked if I went to the hospital... I said no, but if I'd had insurance, I probably would have, it was that bad.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and GFY everyone!

That stinks. Still think you should look into that whatever it was I told you about, I'll have to find the name of it again.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That totally sucks -- insurance is supposed to make things EASIER... but they've got the system so rigged in their favor, it's better to just abstain from the damn system! Which also sucks! That really bad asthma attack I had a couple wks ago -- I did tell my doc about that, since he's my asthma doc, and he asked if I went to the hospital... I said no, but if I'd had insurance, I probably would have, it was that bad.

Andria
I went to the hospital when I fell smashing my face and breaking my thumb 2 years ago. Insurance wouldn't pay for it even though the card had 500 deductible on it. They said it was out of network. WTF??? I'm STILL paying on it.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My insurance does not cover my psych doc (ADHD) so I have to pay out of pocket for all the appointments and tests. She does give me a break though. Instead of $150, she charges me $100.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I went to the hospital when I fell smashing my face and breaking my thumb 2 years ago. Insurance wouldn't pay for it even though the card had 500 deductible on it. They said it was out of network. WTF??? I'm STILL paying on it.

Yeah, I'm still paying the surgeon for my June 2014 appendectomy (though I've finally paid off the hospital and everyone else involved in it). Made a $20 payment yesterday, so I'm now down to $725 owed. I won't be finished paying by June, so it's going to take substantially over 3 yrs to get that paid for. But still way cheaper than if I'd had insurance.

Andria

VU Sponsors