Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since recent discussions have involved religion and shit, I thought I'd share something that combines the two.
View attachment 60666

Ha! See, I can agree with the atheism "no shit" & maybe the rastarianism "let's smoke this shit", although if oblige the later I would also need T.V. evangelism "send more shit". Although there are days I feel Jewish, "why does shit always happen to me?" Ergo, I will stick with atheism, "no shit". :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and a hardy GFY to yall :D

Moved my revolvers over here yesterday and I think I might have had a hint of luck. The two brand new black powder colt .36 spent a day underwater and when I finally found them the next day when the water receded enough I oiled them down real good and let them dry and the wood grips warped on them and looked fucked. Put them in an oil soaked cloth and set them aside until I had a chance to look at them again. Yesterday one of them the grips was back to perfect fit and the other one was real close with just a little damage on the bottom of it. So yeah, luck shined a little on me :)

Beautiful day outside today. Think I am gonna shoot a few rounds off and announce myself to the new neighbors :devil:. Perfect shooting place here. The back yard drops off to woods and a hunting club property borders the property.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I may have resorted to something other than happy pills after losing a house, basic worldly possessions, and have heart problems on top of it all.

Good morning Fugees! And a Merrry GFY. Since we have today and tomorrow off, may we consider this Saturday2, and tomorrow Sunday? That way, the next day will be Tuesday, and we made Monday GFI.

Dale, you may be one of the sweetest, most uplifting guys on forums. One of them guys I consider "The Asshole Litmus Test". If Dale doesn't like you enough, that he shows you disrespect, you ARE an asshole. GFY Dale.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Moved my revolvers over here yesterday and I think I might have had a hint of luck. The two brand new black powder colt .36 spent a day underwater and when I finally found them the next day when the water receded enough I oiled them down real good and let them dry and the wood grips warped on them and looked fucked. Put them in an oil soaked cloth and set them aside until I had a chance to look at them again. Yesterday one of them the grips was back to perfect fit and the other one was real close with just a little damage on the bottom of it. So yeah, luck shined a little on me :)

Beautiful day outside today. Think I am gonna shoot a few rounds off and announce myself to the new neighbors :devil:. Perfect shooting place here. The back yard drops off to woods and a hunting club property borders the property.

REALLY glad to see some GOOD news. And a backyard shooting range, too! Practicing is SO much easier when all you have to do is walk out your door. Gotta be SUPER handy for not having to tote all your black powder necessities across town. Good morning, Doc, and GFY.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning Fugees! And a Merrry GFY. Since we have today and tomorrow off, may we consider this Saturday2, and tomorrow Sunday? That way, the next day will be Tuesday, and we made Monday GFI.

Dale, you may be one of the sweetest, most uplifting guys on forums. One of them guys I consider "The Asshole Litmus Test". If Dale doesn't like you enough, that he shows you disrespect, you ARE an asshole. GFY Dale.

Morning Moo and GFY! Offer still stands to see what the new scoots top end is :D

Gotta agree with Dale, I have surprised myself that I didn't get some other stuff to help me over this hump. Pretty much anything I want is a stroll across the street but one of these days I hope to be back to work and they don't take kindly to failed pee test so that stops me from getting other stuff :D Plus I never been a fan of needles :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Aw, go fuck yourself until you're pickled tink, you old dog you. :) Glad you've good news. :)

If the grips are wood on those Colts you might consider rubbing them down by hand with linseed oil if they're not already varnished. If they are you might get by with buff sanding them then linseed oiling them. Linseed oil will soak in and bring out wood's natural luster, plus it will set and make the wood as hard as glass, resistant as it too. Just something to thunk on a bit.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Moo and GFY! Offer still stands to see what the new scoots top end is :D

Gotta agree with Dale, I have surprised myself that I didn't get some other stuff to help me over this hump. Pretty much anything I want is a stroll across the street but one of these days I hope to be back to work and they don't take kindly to failed pee test so that stops me from getting other stuff :D Plus I never been a fan of needles :giggle:

So far I can only vouch for 115. I may have too big of a cross section beyond that. I swear, I thought I was going to get blown right off. It is WAY easier behind a windscreen or bit of fairing.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aw, go fuck yourself until you're pickled tink, you old dog you. :) Glad you've good news. :)

If the grips are wood on those Colts you might consider rubbing them down by hand with linseed oil if they're not already varnished. If they are you might get by with buff sanding them then linseed oiling them. Linseed oil will soak in and bring out wood's natural luster, plus it will set and make the wood as hard as glass, resistant as it too. Just something to thunk on a bit.
Boiled linseed oil.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Didn't see ya there my buddy Morely and a GFY too you too my friend! That's a very good idea. One is stained wood and the other one has varnish on the grips that is cracked so gonna see if I can pick up a small can of linseed oil later today and sand them down a bit. Thanks bro!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So far I can only vouch for 115. I may have too big of a cross section beyond that. I swear, I thought I was going to get blown right off. It is WAY easier behind a windscreen or bit of fairing.

I always hated the way a bike looked with a windscreen and still do to a point but damn, the fatigue from riding and distance at all without one is unreal.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha, an insidious modern ill.

Now everyone GFY while I :coffee: & :ejuice:
And good morning to you Lucy, that coffee cup is not anywhere close to big enough though. This is more my size.
big-coffee_o_2217375.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is EPIC, Cromwell. As a motorcyclist, I am pretty sure that if I die on the road, there is going to be an asshole with a phone involved. I rarely answer my phone, and never in my car without hands free, and even WITH, I usually don't bother. You wanna holla at me, leave a message. ;)

Sounds like me. :) My phone rides in the side pocket of my purse when I go out; when driving, I put my purse in the passenger seat, with that side-pocket facing the seat, and put a pillow over the purse so if I slam on brakes, it's the pillow that hits the floor, not my purse. The pillow also serves to muzzle the phone very well! The pillow USUALLY rides in the driver's seat, because my husband needs it behind his back to push him forward enough for his short legs to reach the pedals -- which I don't need; using the pillow prevents a lot of seat readjusting and fights resulting from same. ;) But if the phone rings when I'm driving, a) I usually won't even hear it, and b) even if I do, it's much to difficut to get to it, so I just ignore it. That's what a) voicemail and b) phone logs are for.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol! Whenever I think this thread has sunk as low as it possibly can, someone comes along to bring it down another notch.

That's whats great about VU. ECF moderators would be having shit fits if we sunk to some of the epic lows we have obtained here. :gaah:

Can you just imagine Retarded1's reaction to some of our shenanigans here :confused:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dahmer did, big time.

The old one, two. Necrophilia and cannibalism.

In defense of the squirrel, I didn't see him eat the road kill before or after
Well I'll be, somehow I honestly don't remember hearing the necrophilia angle before, I knew he ate his victims, and I seem to remember he raped them, but I didn't remember the sex after they were dead thing. This thread serves an educational purpose, who woulda thunk.

VU Sponsors