Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well.. I get to order 3 flavors from BCF. Should be about $11. I'm also going to be ordering another 100ml of shisha strawberry from e-aromashop, but I have to put that on the credit card, so not much of a present -- it'll just drive my balance up again, after 8-9 months of paying the fucker down.

Andria
You deserve it!!!! (Not the bill, but the juice)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well.. I get to order 3 flavors from BCF. Should be about $11. I'm also going to be ordering another 100ml of shisha strawberry from e-aromashop, but I have to put that on the credit card, so not much of a present -- it'll just drive my balance up again, after 8-9 months of paying the fucker down.

Andria
I just had a piece of white cake with sprinkles in your honor. :bunny:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, my husband told me today that since it's my 3 yr no-smoke-a-versary, to order all those using his USAA Visa. :) Which drives it up a little, but it's still in 0 percent status, so it's a good option. :)

So, happy 3rd no-smoke-a-versary to me!

tumblr_otnh1bzaNK1vga2mio1_500.gif

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just had a piece of white cake with sprinkles in your honor. :bunny:
Try black cake, you will never go back ;)
White cake? Black cake? Why limit yourself to those. Orange cake is the way to go.
carrot-cake-6-edit.jpg

And as a bonus, you can claim it's healthy. After all, carrot cake is made with vegetables, so it must be healthy, right?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
White cake? Black cake? Why limit yourself to those. Orange cake is the way to go.
carrot-cake-6-edit.jpg

And as a bonus, you can claim it's healthy. After all, carrot cake is made with vegetables, so it must be healthy, right?
Try black cake, you will never go back ;)

I don't discriminate on cakes. Except......................I cannot stand Angle Food cake. I know it's Kadly's favorite, but....yuck! Tastes like a sponge. hehehe

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't discriminate on cakes. Except......................I cannot stand Angle Food cake. I know it's Kadly's favorite, but....yuck! Tastes like a sponge. hehehe
I still think you just never had a good one. When made right it is light and airy, and sweet, but not really sponge-like.
Here is a cake that is almost guaranteed to taste like a Sponge
81bb41e3834186f39f53c3df3e4faa90--sponge-bob-cake-birthday-party-ideas.jpg

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Stop talking about cake - I'm not allowed any of the super-delicious ingredients except eggs, maybe :cry:
That truly sucks Lucy. I'm sorry. I could go without, but people are constantly bringing goodies up here. Almost daily. It's difficult to resist.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That truly sucks Lucy. I'm sorry. I could go without, but people are constantly bringing goodies up here. Almost daily. It's difficult to resist.

Except for that Glazed Bacon Donut burger I ate in Vegas, I usually resist that shit pretty well actually :giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Except for that Glazed Bacon Donut burger I ate in Vegas, I usually resist that shit pretty well actually :giggle:
Oh yum!!!!
I can't resist it when I see it. If I see it, that's it. It's over. lol
I hold the record here in our whole technology department for eating the most Christmas fudge in one day. 14 pieces.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BBQ is the only sweet and savory for me.

Or Honey Baked Ham co. ham.
To die for!

Totally agree. BBQ chicken is great to serve with baked beans made with brown sugar, and Summer Crisp corn, which is really crunchy and sweet. And ham must have pineapple. I'll even go for cream cheese on date nut bread, or raisin toast... but otherwise, sweet and savory get separate plates!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Totally agree. BBQ chicken is great to serve with baked beans made with brown sugar, and Summer Crisp corn, which is really crunchy and sweet. And ham must have pineapple. I'll even go for cream cheese on date nut bread, or raisin toast... but otherwise, sweet and savory get separate plates!

Andria
Absolutely! People sometimes at my work bring cupcakes with strips of bacon in the middle sticking out.:eek:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely! People sometimes at my work bring cupcakes with strips of bacon in the middle sticking out.:eek:

Saw that in pie and was dubious

Then one night one of my husband's gun nut buddies came by one and he taught me how to make candied bacon: I am a devout convert, though I have since purged sugar and highly processed bacon from my diet

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(CNN)Chronic traumatic encephalopathy, known as CTE, was found in 99% of deceased NFL players' brains that were donated to scientific research, according to a study published Tuesday in the medical journal JAMA.

The neurodegenerative brain disease can be found in individuals who have been exposed to repeated head trauma. The disease is pathologically marked by an buildup of abnormal tau protein in the brain that can disable neuropathways and lead to a variety of clinical symptoms. These include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, aggression, depression, anxiety, impulse control issues and sometimes suicidal behavior.

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) was found in 110 of 111 brains of deceased former NFL players

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/health/cte-nfl-players-brains-study/index.html

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is my understanding that those that come from south of the border only steal jobs

Steel jobs? They all moved to Russia after we sold them the know how of creating steel. Russia can make high quality steel at vastly cheaper costs, due to direct access to raw iron, than we could ever hope. Of course, we also shipped them factories and plane parts during WWII to help fight the Nazis. ( See Antony Sutton's writings for more on that as well as other various rabbit holes. )

Somebody is stealin jobs at Lowe's. Second round of layoffs coming up.
Darned Mexicans!

From my observations 90% of job thievery by Mexicans is jobs that Americans either feel it is beneath their dignity to do, does not pay enough or they are too lazy to do it.
Indians are a much bigger threat to reasonable paying US jobs.
Let the Faux outrage roll though.

The greatest productive force is human selfishness. -- Robert Heinlein

The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the
poor, to sleep under the bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal
bread. -- Anatole France

The two party system ... is a triumph of the dialectic. It showed that
two could be one and one could be two and had probably been fabricated
by Hegel for the American market on a subcontract from General Dynamics.
-- I. F. Stone

Live hang poultry processing is listed by the Bureau of Labor as one of the most physically, mentally dangerous jobs that still exists. Another, acting as live bullet proofing tester is one of fewer listed as more dangerous.

I used to teach the machines in a live hang processing plant. Taught them to run faster and faster, until some move so fast as to be called blinding fast. Time for me quite literally is an illusion, or it was until I started slowing down. :(

Have worked together with people from all walks, colors, genders (including androgynous) , creeds, political views, religions. A simple axiom I've gained, there is good as well as bad in all. You do not ask for rain without accepting and expecting to deal with the mud as well.

Stop talking about cake - I'm not allowed any of the super-delicious ingredients except eggs, maybe :cry:

Piece of cake! -- G. S. Koblas

I apologize, difficult resisting that.

VU Sponsors