Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I beg to differ

Have to agree. All the folks I've known who were actually FROM Tx, were amazing individuals. It's just the Tx landscape that's so dull and dreary. But I'm from the N. GA hills; I don't like ANY flat place -- even Michigan gave me the willies!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have to agree. All the folks I've known who were actually FROM Tx, were amazing individuals. It's just the Tx landscape that's so dull and dreary. But I'm from the N. GA hills; I don't like ANY flat place -- even Michigan gave me the willies!

Andria
We have Hills where I live. It's not like San Antonio or Corpus Christi. I'm originally from Louisiana though.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Yep, Texans are amazing people. One of the most amazing people I have ever known is Texan, well maybe not a native but has lived there longer than not.
As for the landscape, well, you just haven't seen the right part of Texas.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We have Hills where I live. It's not like San Antonio or Corpus Christi. I'm originally from Louisiana though.

Yeah I've heard that the E side of Tx isn't all that different from the GA piney woods. And hey, S Ga is another "big flat empty". Hot as all hell, too... a lot like Tx!! :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I live in forests. :) Kind of neat to consider given my first name in Arabic means son of the wilds or wastelands. Where Arabic is more widely spoken it is referring more to deserts. Forests though in a way could be perceived as deserts, beings as they often exclude arable lands for growing human inspired agriculture and produce. Like deserts though people can come to survive, even thrive in the environment.

Lived through the flood of 1988 in the Shenandoah Valley, VA region. We fortunately got spared some of the worst of it. Friends needed help cleaning homes. Silt is a terror for cleaning up after.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I live in forests. :) Kind of neat to consider given my first name in Arabic means son of the wilds or wastelands. Where Arabic is more widely spoken it is referring more to deserts. Forests though in a way could be perceived as deserts, beings as they often exclude arable lands for growing human inspired agriculture and produce. Like deserts though people can come to survive, even thrive in the environment.

Lived through the flood of 1988 in the Shenandoah Valley, VA region. We fortunately got spared some of the worst of it. Friends needed help cleaning homes. Silt is a terror for cleaning up after.

I love the woods, always have. Unfortunately I also like the conveniences of suburban living, so I don't get the opportunity to play in the woods, and I'm kinda old for that shit anymore anyway -- really set in my modern ways at this point. (to me, a good campout is room service in a hotel with at least 3 stars). :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love the woods, always have. Unfortunately I also like the conveniences of suburban living, so I don't get the opportunity to play in the woods, and I'm kinda old for that shit anymore anyway -- really set in my modern ways at this point. (to me, a good campout is room service in a hotel with at least 3 stars). :giggle:

Andria

Starting feel it a bit in my joints as well, that growing older stuff. I enjoying camping out but it's been a while. Another something which dawned on me. Could stand to drop 50lbs here. The beer guy is feeling like a spare tire, not good. Probably due in larger part to being too lazy, of late. Yes, I'll fuss at myself amply while getting back to moving. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Starting feel it a bit in my joints as well, that growing older stuff. I enjoying camping out but it's been a while. Another something which dawned on me. Could stand to drop 50lbs here. The beer guy is feeling like a spare tire, not good. Probably due in larger part to being too lazy, of late. Yes, I'll fuss at myself amply while getting back to moving. :)

I used to love me some beer. I was amazed to discover that I dropped 25 lbs during my first year sober, without even trying -- hell, I was eating a lot more! :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to love me some beer. I was amazed to discover that I dropped 25 lbs during my first year sober, without even trying -- hell, I was eating a lot more! :D

Andria

Okay, I'll sober up from root beer, tea, coffee. I had a double shot of Scotch Monday along with a nice dinner at Olive Garden. Probably will not eat there again for another year or to due to cost, lack of going up to Parkersburg often. Still have near 2/3 of pint of cordial in my desk cabinet. I do not consider myself to drink, merely have a snifter now and again. What I possibly could sober from is the depression/anxiety medicine, at least the bedtime one.

Efexor seems to me to do about the same as Celexia did for me, near to nothing, though I did skip it once. Saw it might be a daisy of a step to come off it. Could though I figure and cold turkey. Would need to be that way too. Might also sober from the xxium derived pain medicine I rarely take. Fuck me being a big wuss taking pain of ten others before I start hurting, don't need dope to mask the pain what tells me I'm alive.

Get the weight dropped, pain will decrease too I'm sure. Beyond that not sure what else I could sober from, except maybe my sense of idealism, delusional hopes everything will get better. Might sober up from dreams and aspirations as well. Shit, I don't need any of it. Got a sense of righteous indignation burning through my guts to warm me as the sterility of life grants the pallor to chill. Sure, I go all in and return being an ice man. Yep, sounds like a plan.

Apologies. I'm not meaning this to read smart ass, or confrontational toward you or anyone here. It is written more as means of self depreciation, means of motivating the sloth I'm finding myself being. Again, I'm not meaning to be lobbing flack at anybody here. I genuinely do see I'm lacking some needed self discipline and am a bit out of hand.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Does the under canopy trap heat the same as a mountainous temperate forest, is it even worse for doing so?

No, most of the trees are conifers and the few deciduous trees do not form canopies

The surrounding very high mountains tend to heat and moisture. In winter, when arctic winds push through the valleys, canyons and glaciers, the combination creates ridonkulous amounts of snow

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, most of the trees are conifers and the few deciduous trees do not form canopies

The surrounding very high mountains tend to heat and moisture. In winter, when arctic winds push through the valleys, canyons and glaciers, the combination creates ridonkulous amounts of snow

That's interesting. I ought to have realized more conifers out your direction. Seems my mind was bent upon not recalling such a thing. Aw, well I'm human despite efforts to fully computerize the brain cells. That darn C.R.S is quickly going into full on C.R.A.F.T. I will blame *spins the blame wheel* ah, lookie here, Ronald McDonald. Okay, that makes sense, a damn clown was involved.

"Are you deliberately trying to hit these people?"

"No. ... Well, maybe that mime." :)

I know here it gets hotter than one might expect in the woods, the under canopy holding heat and humidity closer to the ground level. Need to stay dehydrated so you're not sweating out water but blood and mucus, until those dry up. ;) Me & wife look at that Nakey N Skeered a bit. One episode had a former S.E.A.L, he was rather well erm lost it seemed, he could not make fire. Thought Uncle trained better. Then, again poop does happen.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @KadlyDoWrong , Something from Carlisle, IN showed up in my mail today. :) I wonder if they are somehow connected with Mr. Wong from Shenzhen CN, perhaps? :) :hug: Thank you brother, that was indeed exactly what I needed. The Copper firing arm had gotten fouled. Gee, no idea at all why ... crazy batteries going wonky and such. I better get a few of my T-dux 3 tanks cleaned up to go out for PIF, now.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, I was in my 30's. All these hunky ball players doing all those fancy tricks???? :giggle::zombie::giggle:
Anyway, I was just joking. lol!

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The owner of ECF needs to spend some time on his forum to see the BS his MOD's are up to because maybe he would reign then in a bit. Just a thought
Naah he likes to be in control.
Obviously.
I think it to be a top down problem.

Just quit worrying about all the fun people over there are not having and have fun over here.
They are mostly all adults and can leave there if they choose to.
Obviously many like the controlled atmosphere of ECF.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @KadlyDoWrong , Something from Carlisle, IN showed up in my mail today. :) I wonder if they are somehow connected with Mr. Wong from Shenzhen CN, perhaps? :) :hug: Thank you brother, that was indeed exactly what I needed. The Copper firing arm had gotten fouled. Gee, no idea at all why ... crazy batteries going wonky and such. I better get a few of my T-dux 3 tanks cleaned up to go out for PIF, now.
You are quite welcome sir.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still don't give a flying fuck

Me either, nor can I figure out why we're being told this; it would make a lot more sense to say that over there, where the ECF owner might actually read it. Most over here DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me either, nor can I figure out why we're being told this; it would make a lot more sense to say that over there, where the ECF owner might actually read it. Most over here DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT.

Andria

No shit. I just hang out in the Fugee thread because I like my friends here :)

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Still don't give a flying fuck

http://imgur.com/gallery/eVlOrfo

eVlOrfo.mp4

VU Sponsors