Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang - had a hard time sleeping last night there were so many tremblers

We're just really glad that you and yours are ok. :hug:

I had a hard time this morning, it was one of those leg-cramp extravaganzas -- got awakened with HARD cramps in both legs about 4 times. Not fun!!! So now, even if don't get anymore cramps today (unlikely, I'll probably have to fight them again tonight, because they usually go in clusters of 2-3 nights), for the next week my legs will feel like someone worked them over with a baseball bat. :facepalm: At least with the nice new bed, I was able to get back to sleep easily once each set of cramps finally eased.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We had intended to do our major grocerying today, but the weather is just SHIT, fucking rain all day. I hate being in and out of the truck and stores when it's pouring rain. So we'll do that tomorrow, the rain shouild be mostly outta here. Today, washing my new sheets, got rid of the bedskirt because it makes making up the bed damn near impossible, and the mate is watching the GA/Alabama game. Everytime I yell "ROLL TIDE!" I get called a traitor and barked at. :giggle:

I never actually went to college, just took a few adult-ed courses when we lived in Michigan, but my ambition when I was in high school was to attend Alabama for their outstanding Communications school. So I feel very fondly to the Crimson Tide. And lord knows, the DAWGS have plenty of folks barking for them today.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1: the sun is out: :confetti:
2: not only did I have no leg cramps last night, I'm not even sure I MOVED: :confetti:
3: it's gonna be 70 degrees today! :confetti:

So I'd say today is off to a teeerific start. :) And all you lervely fuggers, GFY merrily! :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1: the sun is out: :confetti:
2: not only did I have no leg cramps last night, I'm not even sure I MOVED: :confetti:
3: it's gonna be 70 degrees today! :confetti:
So I'd say today is off to a teeerific start. :) And all you lervely fuggers, GFY merrily! :D

1. It was kind of nice here as well. All the bad wind & rain went just North of us. Saw a little wind but nothing drastic. :)

2. Been having full leg spasms off and on here. Ligaments in the back of my knees are drawn flexed out taught. I try to relax my leg muscles and get lovely spasms. Told the wife I'm probably having another growing spurt, back up to six foot three inches, or taller for me. Oh joy. :popcorn:

3. Think it hit around that here as well. :)

Merrily, and joyfully I did fugee myself. Brought in our little artificial Christmas tree from our storage closet. Me and wife will probably be setting that up tomorrow. Think she finally understands that I do not wear sweat clothes to be a slob, rather they fit and are comfortable.

Told her I'd be happy to get some sweat clothes for Christmas. Figure I'll get her a big hug and smooch. She doesn't have any idea of what she might even want. We both have kind of lost the joy of wanting, just not much we want as we are more the default to what we need type. Wants never kill us anyway.

May sound corny, idealistic, naive but, ... I want all American soldiers, sailors, airmen/women home & safe for Christmas. Bring them home and put them into the construction sector, medical sector, search & rescue. We need to help our fellow Americans & I am sure all our soldiers would love nothing better than to help their nation and its people here at home, rebuild itself, fortify itself, care for the ill & children. We're out trying to make peace all over the world. Who are we to do that when we have no peace at home? :confused:

Well, just a few pennies of mine. Excuse me, need to ...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, we did not get the tree up today. I oddly pulled something out of my hat. We wound up watching three Mythica movies and put the fourth on a watch list.

She only gave a half hearted fuss. *Sigh* "Yes, what's wrong," I asked upon hearing her sigh.

"I didn't get the tree up today, or clothes put away, just some general tidying up," said she.

There's not much she needs to do to tidy up, mostly go through stuff she has laying around and get it put up. I am not merely saying that boasting or idly to shirk. It is the fact. I keep the apartment as near pristine as it was when we moved in. No, I don't have us up to forensic counter surveillance level but the apartment is clean, lived in, but clean.

She was fussing a bit more at herself for having sat and watch movies with me. I rarely choose movies that captivate us so well. Me and her agreed these were not great movies but at least they were not terrible to the point of being unwatchable, not enjoyable.We both found ourselves engrossed in the story/ies. Good writing as far as that went, just solid story writing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, we did not get the tree up today. I oddly pulled something out of my hat. We wound up watching three Mythica movies and put the fourth on a watch list.

She only gave a half hearted fuss. *Sigh* "Yes, what's wrong," I asked upon hearing her sigh.

"I didn't get the tree up today, or clothes put away, just some general tidying up," said she.

There's not much she needs to do to tidy up, mostly go through stuff she has laying around and get it put up. I am not merely saying that boasting or idly to shirk. It is the fact. I keep the apartment as near pristine as it was when we moved in. No, I don't have us up to forensic counter surveillance level but the apartment is clean, lived in, but clean.

She was fussing a bit more at herself for having sat and watch movies with me. I rarely choose movies that captivate us so well. Me and her agreed these were not great movies but at least they were not terrible to the point of being unwatchable, not enjoyable.We both found ourselves engrossed in the story/ies. Good writing as far as that went, just solid story writing.

She sounds like one of those crazy puritans who think it's evil to sit and do nothing, and even worse to have fun. Never have understood people like that, and never will; I figure they had rotten parents who made them feel guilty for being human. Too much church, not enough fun.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
She sounds like one of those crazy puritans who think it's evil to sit and do nothing, and even worse to have fun. Never have understood people like that, and never will; I figure they had rotten parents who made them feel guilty for being human. Too much church, not enough fun.

Well, ... she is but isn't like what you write. I know she had kind of hoped to get some stuff done today. Her next day off will be Sunday and we'll be away from the house part of that. Not sure her family was too much into church per say. Her Paw Paw was fairly devout until he got ornery about going to church. Her dad was a Freemason at one time. I found his Masonic Bible, read through some of it, bits I had not already gleaned. Then, I wrapped it in a white cloth and handed it to him. He laughed and told me it had been so long since he stood on formality. He knew I had read from it, not only from the cloth.

Our wedding vows were secular & civil but our ceremony was performed in a Baptist church by a judge who acted as justice of the peace. She asked for the church so her Paw Paw would come see her off. Having had some Christian upbringing, and the promises I made her Paw Paw, I felt having him there was only right. Me and him respectfully agreed to disagree about God. We still got along really well in spite of that disagreement. I had feared he would string me up for disagreeing. He shook his head and told me it was up to me to believe or not, he might wish I did but it was my choice like it was his choice. I felt the same toward him.

Now, he swore he would have beat the other SIL senseless. I do believe he would have too. He would show me how he wanted done what was needed done. I'd do it that exact way every time. He got snarky with me once. I handed him the tools, he sighed and told me I was doing alright. So, we got along good. :)

So yes, she's kind of puritanical. I'm trying to get her lapsing a bit. It's rough though because I too feel like she does at times, frustrated at myself for not doing or for having fun. We're old souls who got old before our time and anachronisms. Oh well, so life goes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, ... she is but isn't like what you write. I know she had kind of hoped to get some stuff done today. Her next day off will be Sunday and we'll be away from the house part of that. Not sure her family was too much into church per say. Her Paw Paw was fairly devout until he got ornery about going to church. Her dad was a Freemason at one time. I found his Masonic Bible, read through some of it, bits I had not already gleaned. Then, I wrapped it in a white cloth and handed it to him. He laughed and told me it had been so long since he stood on formality. He knew I had read from it, not only from the cloth.

Our wedding vows were secular & civil but our ceremony was performed in a Baptist church by a judge who acted as justice of the peace. She asked for the church so her Paw Paw would come see her off. Having had some Christian upbringing, and the promises I made her Paw Paw, I felt having him there was only right. Me and him respectfully agreed to disagree about God. We still got along really well in spite of that disagreement. I had feared he would string me up for disagreeing. He shook his head and told me it was up to me to believe or not, he might wish I did but it was my choice like it was his choice. I felt the same toward him.

Now, he swore he would have beat the other SIL senseless. I do believe he would have too. He would show me how he wanted done what was needed done. I'd do it that exact way every time. He got snarky with me once. I handed him the tools, he sighed and told me I was doing alright. So, we got along good. :)

So yes, she's kind of puritanical. I'm trying to get her lapsing a bit. It's rough though because I too feel like she does at times, frustrated at myself for not doing or for having fun. We're old souls who got old before our time and anachronisms. Oh well, so life goes.

I understand about having personal plans or goals and feeling disappointed with oneself when those things didn't happen.... but housework really ain't one of 'em, since the house will still be there the next day or the next week, no need to fret over it. Until I got this nice new bed and new, pretty bedding, I always considered bed-making to be the utmost waste of time, since you're gonna get back in it at the end of the day, messing it up all over again. Now, I do make my bed, because it's just so damn pretty, I want to see it looking all "house beautiful" every time I glance at it. :D When we first bought this house and moved here, I was that way about the whole house for maybe a year, then got sick or something and stopped keeping up with it; now, I clean house for only 2 reasons: 1) somene I want to impress is coming over, and/or 2) it gets so bad it even bothers ME... and that's pretty bad, cobwebs on the ceilings, dust bunnies (or should they be called "dust cats" since they're entirely cat hair?) in every corner, and pretty much every horizontal surface littered with crap that oughta get put away but nobody has bothered in quite a while...

My mom gave me this cute sign to post, and it really says it all: "Everytime I think of cleaning house, I take a nap till the urge passes." :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My mom gave me this cute sign to post, and it really says it all: "Everytime I think of cleaning house, I take a nap till the urge passes." :giggle:

Well, I like keeping our house clean. I genuinely do.

For one thing our lease stipulates we keep ingress and egress open and clear. Considering it is a simple row house shotgun style apartment that alone means the whole is kept clean. We have room and we're happy we have more room than our 10 * 12 bedroom where we lived before.

We can actually access "our" kitchen any time we want and not be bothered someone is going come in and watch us like hawks. Or they're going to go making a mess to cook something and you get made into a galley slave/s. We can also go get in a shower whenever we want without needing to go basically ask permission of the six others in the home.

Besides that having been a fireman & EMT I understand about keeping a place up in case of an emergency. Fact is crap happens. That's just life for anybody really. Always good when EMS can get into you to help in a pinch.

Also when you do something for somebody you love it isn't a chore so much as just being an expression of loving. So this is why I keep our home clean, that and I like to be sure where things are at. It's nice to say lay down an ink pen and come back and it's not been moved or hidden, or stolen. We had a problem with the stolen bit where we lived before. I had taken notice of it but had bit my tongue. Until my wife saw it for herself. Once she did I told her that now she understood.

Her dad is now fussing because him and his wife invited her sister's two boys down to stay with them. Gee, guess where the boys' parents are now as well. That's right moved in with mom and dad too. They are thieving leaches draining them. We keep telling her mom she can come over here any time, do laundry, or hell just even come watch tv. Oh well, what can you do if the horse doesn't drink?

Well, I need to go. Want some :coffee: and might fix up something to eat.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The thing I always wonder about 300 lb people... Did they not notice when they weighed 200 lbs??? Or 175 lbs? Do they have zero mirrors in their homes? Do they have magic stretchy clothes that enable them to gain weight forever and not outgrow their clothing??? Do they have body servants to put their socks and shoes on for them? Because the thing about clothes being too tight, and being unable to bend sufficiently to put on my socks and shoes, is what made me take sufficient notice of my own burgeoning weight, at 165 lbs, to knock it the fuck off and start dieting seriously! One simply does not go from 125 lbs to 300 lbs in a day... or a week... or even a month! It takes YEARS!!! :facepalm: During which, there is PLENTY of time and opportunity to do something about it!!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always considered bed-making to be the utmost waste of time, since you're gonna get back in it at the end of the day, messing it up all over again.

No, I'm in no way guilty of having the same sentiment about beds, nope, not at all. ;) :) I have not gone so far as to say I consider it bad luck to make a bed. I would never have such feelings, not ever. Bwhahaha! :)

The thing I always wonder about 300 lb people... Did they not notice when they weighed 200 lbs??? Or 175 lbs? Do they have zero mirrors in their homes? Do they have magic stretchy clothes that enable them to gain weight forever and not outgrow their clothing??? Do they have body servants to put their socks and shoes on for them? Because the thing about clothes being too tight, and being unable to bend sufficiently to put on my socks and shoes, is what made me take sufficient notice of my own burgeoning weight, at 165 lbs, to knock it the fuck off and start dieting seriously! One simply does not go from 125 lbs to 300 lbs in a day... or a week... or even a month! It takes YEARS!!! :facepalm: During which, there is PLENTY of time and opportunity to do something about it!!

Well wonder no more. I did notice but also did not. My case might kind of an exception though as I never genuinely bulked up from puberty like is netural. I was about 175 and then seemingly to me nearly overnight I went to 220.

We eat a lot of starchy foods, eat a lot of breads, pastas and so on. We do eat veggies & meat as well. She recently had a trip over to Spencer expressly to get us some meat. Usually every two or three months we go. She spends about $100 for meat that is very low cost comparably to other places we shop, and it is perfectly good meat, beef & pork. We might give our neighbor's, the M_'s, about $20 - $45 of our meat. Here we only have a refrigerator's top freezer section.

Our neighbors our an older couple on fixed income. We help out when and if we can, the meat is very appreciated. At any given for me at 220 I held for longest while. Then I got put on Prozac for a brief bit, hm, about six weeks. I come off of it but it had already caused weight gain as well as me having hallucinations that were not very nice at all and in no way a pleasant trip. A doc had given it to me for depression, to maybe help me get enthusiasm or take interest in something. Gee, guess we see how that didn't work.

After this it just seems I kind of crashed. I could not keep up and ahead of my weight. I tried, I honestly did. I walked our bottom x number of times each day which made at least 2 miles. I also kept busy with firewood, ground work, work away from home when/if I could get it. Yes, I could drop up to 15 to 25 pounds in a month. Yay, go me. But then I would turn around and it leaped right back on, usually bringing more.

I need some physical therapy for a few injuries I've had since around 1990 to 1993. I've pretty much kind of gotten my left leg muscles twisted around wrong on the bones. I went into a pot hole for lack of better way to explain it, at a dead run. Then I had what could equate to a wooden baseball bat hit my knee, fooling around with my wife years later. So my left leg gives me Hell. I could exercise more if it was kind of helped along to getting fixed/better.

Would love to go to a gym with free weights, maybe heavy bags. I need to hone the fat into muscle and I know it will but I'm not exactly in a position to do it. I've fallen out of sorts discipline wise and just overall in general. My last weigh in was around 305lbs. Yeah, I noticed it coming on. I was like Sisyphus or maybe Prometheus, could not get a handle on it and it over took me. And yes it makes me feel shitty but at the same time I accept myself for myself. A coach or trainer would help me discipline wise. I need someone to be in account to and not my wife.

Keep in consideration I am on testosterone. That has been proved to alter DNA, foul up metabolism and all sorts of lovely other stuff. I need the testosterone or so the "experts" say. I was born that my body did not produce it.

Up until about my mid twenties I was exactly like the wolverine character in the comic books. I could eat and eat, and eat and gain no weight. I could drink all night through without getting drunk, use any kind of drugs and have them "burn" out of my system as fast as nearly putting them into to it.

Now, everything brings weight it seems and the testosterone makes my stomach like a dozen starving folks. And no I cannot portion eat, I eat until I feel I'm full. Two hours later I'm hungry again. And I know I'm not actually hungry but my body gets sent signals telling me otherwise.

Takes years? Yes, somewhat but then it can also come on very much like overnight too. Not saying all of us big folks are necessarily excused, nor saying that's an excuse. It is something to consider though. Not everyone walks the same paths in life, not everyone has the same idyllic lives either.

Frankly, I think we'd be bored to death if that were so. We'd cease being then. There would be no need of any god or divine entity testing us. We'd all be their little perfect ass kissers. Which I've never really understood, if a divinity is so great, why do they need their ass kissed? Seems to denote emotional immaturity to me but hey I'm just a silly crack-head.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, I'm in no way guilty of having the same sentiment about beds, nope, not at all. ;) :) I have not gone so far as to say I consider it bad luck to make a bed. I would never have feelings, not ever. Bwhahaha! :)

Well wonder no more. I did notice but also did not. My case might kind of an exception though as I never genuinely bulked up from puberty like is netural. I was about 175 and then seemingly to me nearly overnight I went to 220.

We eat a lot of starchy foods, eat a lot of breads, pastas and so on. We do eat veggies & meat as well. She recently had a trip over to Spencer expressly to get us some meat. Usually every two or three months we go. She spends about $100 for meat that is very low cost comparably to other places we shop, and it is perfectly good meat, beef & pork. We might give our neighbor's, the M_'s, about $20 - $45 of our meat. Here we only have a refrigerator's top freezer section.

Our neighbors our an older couple on fixed income. We help out when and if we can, the meat is very appreciated. At any given for me at 220 I held for longest while. Then I got put on Prozac for a brief bit, hm, about six weeks. I come off of it but it had already caused weight gain as well as me having hallucinations that were not very nice at all and in no way a pleasant trip. A doc had given it to me for depression, to maybe help me get enthusiasm or take interest in something. Gee, guess we see how that didn't work.

After this it just seems I kind of crashed. I could not keep up and ahead of my weight. I tried, I honestly did. I walked our bottom x number of times each day which made at least 2 miles. I also kept busy with firewood, ground work, work away from home when/if I could get it. Yes, I could drop up to 15 to 25 pounds in a month. Yay, go me. But then I would turn around and it leaped right back on, usually bringing more.

I need some physical therapy for a few injuries I've had since around 1990 to 1993. I've pretty much kind of gotten my left leg muscles twisted around wrong around the bones internally. I went into a pot hole for lack of better way to explain it, at a dead run. Then I had what could equate to a wooden baseball bat hit my knee, fooling around with my wife years later. So my left leg gives me Hell. I could exercise more if it was kind of helped along to getting fixed/better.

Would love to go to a gym with free weights, maybe heavy bags. I need to hone the fat into muscle and I know it will but I'm not exactly in a position to do it. I've fallen out of sorts discipline wise and just overall in general. My last weigh in was around 305lbs. Yeah, I noticed it coming on. I was like Sisyphus or maybe Prometheus, could not get a handle on it and it over took me. And yes it makes me feel shitty but at the same time I accept myself for myself.

Keep in consideration I am on testosterone. That has been proved to alter DNA, foul up metabolism and all sorts of lovely other stuff. I need the testosterone or so the "experts" say. I was born that my body did not produce it. Up until about my mid twenties I was exactly like the wolverine character in the comic books. I could eat and eat, and eat and gain no weight. I could drink all night through without getting drunk, use any kind of drugs and have them "burn" out of my system as fast as nearly putting them into to it. Now, everything brings weight it seems and the testosterone makes my stomach like a dozen starving folks. And no I cannot portion eat, I eat until I feel I'm full. Two hours later I'm hungry again. And I know I'm not actually hungry but my body gets sent signals telling me otherwise.

Well, I'd have to say that you really don't fit the "normal" profile for obesity, given your metabolic/hormonal disorder. And I'm sure there are others with disorders that tend to complicate the metabolic situation, such that a small weight problem turns into a humongous one. Maybe in that case, they're too busy trying to remain healthy to worry too much about their weight, though being drastically overweight is really bad for health all by itself.

But I have this friend, who has been obese her entire life, and I told her once that I just didn't understand it at all. She asked me: "Do you like chocolate cake?" I said sure, of course I do. She said "But have you ever eaten a WHOLE one?" Completely puzzled, I said, "You mean, all at once? No, of course not! Who would do such a crazy thing?" She said she would, and did, and had, more than once. THAT is what I don't get -- eating a whole cake of any kind would just make me sick! Or a whole box of doughnuts even, which I dearly love -- and make myself NOT eat, because I DON'T want to weigh 300 lbs.. or even 200.

I think in most cases, it's not so much a matter of WHAT you eat... but HOW MUCH. But eating the wrong stuff does in fact make the problem worse. Eating a lot of meat isn't a good thing at all, because meat is protein and fat -- which doesn't "burn" for energy well at all, but does store up -- as fat! -- VERY easily. People yammer and yammer about "carbs" like they're the antichrist, but carbs burn easily, for energy -- the key is, the KIND of carbs -- complex carbs, along with a lot of fiber, versus the simple ones that are like rocket fuel, burning fast and just leaving you hungry.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or a whole box of doughnuts

Ah, erm ... um .... I've devoured boxes of doughnuts before. Sorry, it's just far too much temptation to resist. They are always so yummy. Hard to eat two and stop. Although I have done so and am learning if I eat all of them "right now" I won't have any for three days from now.

Cannot say I've eaten a whole cake though. Did eat a whole apple pie once though. Yep, been told my sweet tooth will be my death. I am indeed a sugar addict, can admit that even though it hurts.

But I have also cut back a fair amount on the sugar intake over the last six months to year. I no longer drink sodas excepting special occasion or needed for belching purposes. I can do the belching with seltzer water though so it just depends I try to avoid sodas though.

I drink maybe 3 cups of coffee each with a 30ml scoop of sugar during a day, maybe a cup of sweet tea. That's two cups of sugar per 2/4 liters of tea. Hm, well I have brown sugar on my oatmeal of a morning.

I curse temptation. :facepalm::(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love sugar too -- which is why I've cut down on it quite drastically, over the last 30 yrs -- I started the process when I was pregnant with my son, given my heredity and the dangers of gestational diabetes. I still like "sweet tea", but mine is more like "almost sweet" -- I can't really tell from the type of figures you named, exactly how much you mean; I use 1/4 cup plus 1 tsp of sugar per 48 oz of tea -- the 1 tsp is in there from my ongoing decrease; it used to be, 1/3 cup per 40oz of tea; then it was 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp, 40 oz of tea... then I got a slightly bigger pitcher, so it's slightly more tea, so I held steady at that amount of sugar for a while, but then went to just one additional tsp with the 1/4 cup. The next decrease will be to eliminate that tsp. It's just like with nicotine; if you do it in small enough increments, you barely notice the difference -- but over time, it makes a BIG difference -- I used to use an entire cup of sugar for a gallon of tea! But that was nearly 30 yrs ago.

As for doughnuts... I really do try to avoid them, along with blueberry muffins, pretty much all the time -- I buy whole wheat french bread in the walmart bakery, and then get the hell outta there before the beseeching cries of the doughnuts and muffins weaken me! :giggle: Because it's really hard to eat what isn't in your house. You don't drive, and most of the time I don't have access to a vehicle in the daytime, so much the same would apply to you! If you don't buy it... you can't eat it. ;)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was in the basement a while today doing laundry and working on a laptop..
Came upstairs and thought oh no!
Smelled just like someone had dumped several ounces of CAP VC V1 out.
After some looking around I decided it was the Wife Unit's christmas candle :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Gotta admit, the CAP VC V1 doesnt smell too bad :p

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Probably the same shit

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably the same shit

I really like this same shit. It is often better than holy shit or f*%king shit, dumb shit, crazy shit, pile o' shit. :)

Shit is a word that teaches us the use of variable words. You can go anywhere and shit is shit, but shit could be a smell, a set of clothes, machine parts, dope, stuff folks are doing. Other variable words I like are this and that.

"Come get this."

"Well, I don't that but that other."

"Fine take that other but this too."

I also enjoy here and there a good bit too. To myself I'm here but to you I'm there and you are here. So where am I, where are you? I think we're all elsewhere because elsewhere lets here and there exist as the same space, as well as being a good segue for the passage of time. Oh no, now I'm bringing in the metaphysics of time. Damn, didn't want to go getting so tweaked this early yet. Well at any given we're here now so I guess it's too late. ;) :) Which brings me to trippy shit, I don't like trippy shit too much. It makes my brain ache for having to pause and ponder just how the Sam hill we got from there to here and if we can ever go back.

I blame being up late last night. No, I was not porn surfing. I got lost in someone's concepts of how to better yourself by bettering your productivity. They tossed out the name Seneca and I kind of got sidetracked and fell down the well for a little while and was reading the Western civilization's graffiti on the way back up out of it. Alright, well it was kind of porn surfing but more a cerebral porn without pictures or erotic language. Ultimately, I think the mental boner went flaccid when I realized that I've no need of being more productive, at least not in the senses they were discussing. Then, I was left feeling that out of place shit that feels like some familiar shit and is the shit the story of our lives is made from.

I once asked my mom when I could quit running. She knew exactly how I meant it. She sighed and said she had no clue. A while back I understood it was all just a wheel that we ran but took to nowhere. Probably don't need to say it but will. I'm tired of going nowhere fast. Then I also understand there's not anywhere else to go. So, maybe nowhere is the best we can hope to get. I think that's a load of shit too but not sure how to prove it out for that, or if it even could be. Yeah, I better get some :coffee: and go, ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WTF, @JuicyLucy ! You're a moderator now?!?! Dadgum. I'll have to REALLY try to stop being such an asshole. :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha! Just because, ...

spam-wall.0.0.jpg

I am kind of reminded of a short time working for Toxic Hell. We got shown a gaylord box with a plastic bag inside containing what the GM called "Sludge 57". Having worked the back end of chicken processing, hog processing, beef, and knowing someone that worked at Valley Protein I knew what it was even if the GM did not.

The pink sludge is made from meat "trim", the stuff the line lets go on down the belt. It is what you trim off to not put out for a commercial product. Valley Protein collects it in their trucks, takes it to their facility which screens it out until it's a certain viscosity. Then, any protein needed for food stuffs has the raw protein added from the slurry. It originally comes out of their facilities as a white substance, they add coloring for clients. It is what it says on the tin, protein.

SPAM is fairly much the same product. Apologies if queasy tummies get wound up. Not my intention actually. I'm just aware of how this highly processed food is made. I like knowing what my food actually contains. It is also potted meat. I think hot dogs are even made from it. Just one of those odd facts I know from experience.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors