Become a Patron!

Efest 18650 2500mah 35amp

D

Donald Bickers

how long does it take to charge these batteries,,,ijust got this one and i put it on the charger 4 hrs ago and my charger is still red,,,,,do they usually take this long?

D

Donald Bickers

not sure of the brand,,,output is 4.2volts DC 420mah

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you check the remaining voltage of the battery when you took it off?

Sometimes, if a battery gets too low, the charger can't charge it and it'll just stay red or flash...depending on the charger.
I have three chargers and they all display that stuff differently. ;)

Also, 420mAh is a bit too low of a charge rate for a high-capacity 18650. So yeah, it would take awhile.

2500 / 420 = 5.952

D

Donald Bickers

Thanks ,,,,reckon now ill be lookin for a higher output charger,,,,or is slow charge better,,kinda like automotive batteries

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is the reason I prefer vv/vw mods that will accepta 18650 battery as well as 2x18350s batteries( 1/8-1/4" longer ) ... You can charge the pair of smaller batteries in half the time... 18350s generally run 700-800mah ... I find that the pair will last me just over a day(I vape on the low end of the spectrum, around 5.5 watts), so I have a few pairs that I swap every morning before going to work... I charge that set when I get home that evening... I find that they will typically charge up in about 3 hours, which mean they are ready before I goto bed, which is great since no one wants "unsupervised charging"... LOL

1truk

Member For 4 Years
I'm actually shocked that someone has opened a thread on Batteries where no one has started preaching about battery safety. And by Preaching I mean --offer extremely important first person testimonials regarding the do's and dont's of batteries ... Whatever you do, please do not skimp on batteries or chargers and never leave them charging at night or when away. That's not to say that you can't find a bargain now and again, just make sure to, whenever possible, purchase a tried and true battery manufacturer from a trusted vendor and overall just be safe. These are not your typical AA rechargeables. Honestly I want to suggest that you also stick with American Vendors as you will more often than not receive your shipment faster etc. These days, and especially with batteries, when ordering overseas, customs is taking forever to allow passage of shipments that contain batteries.

1truk

Member For 4 Years
This is the reason I prefer vv/vw mods that will accepta 18650 battery as well as 2x18350s batteries( 1/8-1/4" longer ) ... You can charge the pair of smaller batteries in half the time... 18350s generally run 700-800mah ... I find that the pair will last me just over a day(I vape on the low end of the spectrum, around 5.5 watts), so I have a few pairs that I swap every morning before going to work... I charge that set when I get home that evening... I find that they will typically charge up in about 3 hours, which mean they are ready before I goto bed, which is great since no one wants "unsupervised charging"... LOL
This is a great idea and I do this as well from time to time. Also Donald keep in mind that from a Safety Standpoint, make sure to use a "Regulated" device when "Stacking" batteries .. Most VV and VW mods are regulated .. However Tube Mods and Mechs are not. Don't want to sound like the Vape Cop here but I feel that Unregulated Battery Stacking is one of those things that In the event something were to go wrong you would end up wishing you had never done it.

realsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got this same battery . It takes a couple hours to charge for me. I use it in my DNA 30. For me it lasts about a day which is great! I vape a lot through the day too. It's been a good battery so far. Never let it get below 3.2 volts. I read if it gets below 3.2 volts it could damage the battery. Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors