Become a Patron!

Efest 18650 Purple – 2500 mAh – 35 A

Snipe Ur Kitty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my buddy wanted to borrow my vape until Monday because he is tired of dripping. He just wanted to vape for a while. Well I have his dripper, a Sentinel M16 mod. Well I hit it a lot for a while when I got home. Hit it so hard that after about an hour of dripping, the Efest battery was dead. I put in the second Efest and went on a drive to my Grandmothers. I was gone a couple hours. Nearing the end of my trip the clouds were getting less and less. When I got home, I got the battery off charge, which was fully charged, and I put the dead one on charge. I kept on my merry way. Dripping away. Well after about 2 hours, the battery died. When I went to grab the other one off the charger, it wasn't charged. It's been like 3 hours now and neither battery will even heat up the coil I am freaking out. Did I fuck up his batteries?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What kind of charger are you using, and do you own a multimeter or voltmeter?

Snipe Ur Kitty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No multimeter; I think it's a generic from the vape shop. Maxes out at 4.2v

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hard to say. I got a similar charger to that a while back and it would never fully charge my batteries no matter how long I left them on the charger. Mine never got them past 3.82v, even after leaving them on the charger overnight. (Which you should never do). Ended up grabbing an efest luc v4 and that resolved things for me.

Based on the amount of time you were able to vape before the batteries going flat, I'm guessing bunk charger. Even subohming I can chain vape on a single 18650 for hours before I notice vapor production falling off.

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True. Get a good charger like the Luc or a NiteCore D2 and get better batteries. The Efest are wrapped VTC3. Get a real VTC4, Samsung ICR 25R. or IMREN 40 amp. Those are solid batteries.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Efest are definitely not wrapped vtc3. Maybe some knock off. Authentics are fine.

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes they are. I didn't want to believe it but I found out it is. Check out other forums.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty sure the efest 2500 mah "35 amp" batteries are rewrapped lg he2's, with a 20 amp continuious rating. The 35 amp listed is the pulse rating.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have a dog in this fight. I just have trouble believing a company would be able to re wrap copywritten batteries and sell them for profit. Seems kinda like a law suit.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are LG HE2s rewraped. They used to be Sony VTC4s until they started getting into low supply. That's also when they went from being 30A 2100mAh to being, "35A," 2500mAh. They're also B and C grade cells rather than they A grade that the actual manufactures sell. Efest isn't a manufacturer. They're resellers. They buy big bulk orders, rewrap them in their pretty purple wrappers, and sell them off.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a dog in this fight. I just have trouble believing a company would be able to re wrap copywritten batteries and sell them for profit. Seems kinda like a law suit.
So who would the battery manufacturers sue? China? And why would sony or lg or whoever care? They're selling their cells to whoever for whatever. They don't give a crap. Rewrapped batteries are common. Efest, vamped and several others only sell rewraps. There are only a few actual battery manufacturers.

VU Sponsors