EFEST IMR 18650 LI-MN Battery Problems

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got 4 new efest 3100 mah li-mn batteries today and I'm trying to charge them on my i4 intellicharger. Problem is that its taking forever for them to charge. Am I to anxious or is something wrong? Plus the charger is getting warmer than it does with my vtc5's. Any insight? Please.

Sent from my LGL35G

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good deal. Thanks. They were fully charged at 2am when I woke up. :D

Sent from my LGL35G

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats a lot of Mah 8)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's been reported the cdr of those cells is less than 10 amps. I wouldn't use them for anything but a flashlight. Efest lies about the specs of their products.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's been reported the cdr of those cells is less than 10 amps. I wouldn't use them for anything but a flashlight. Efest lies about the specs of their products.

Well hell, that's not good. I bought them for my new sigelei 100w plus. Maybe they'll work.

Sent from my LGL35G

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The max input current for that device is 20 amps. Those batteries are absolutely not suitable for use in that device. The specs I found for those cells says their max cdr is between 4-6 amps. Even if that's a little low they still come nowhere near providing what the sig may require depending on how you use it. In short, don't use them. Get proper batteries. Ask the forum what cells you're considering next time before you purchase so you don't waste your money again. DON'T USE THOSE BATTERIES IN THAT BOX. Seriously.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can send those back and get some more vtc5's.

Sent from my LGL35G

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're not going to find authentic vtc5's anywhere. The only ones out there for sale are fakes.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What would you suggest?

Sent from my LGL35G

18650battery

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Each brand batteries have their own advantages,First, you need to know that you buy battery USES, iHigh rate battery Efast /Brillpower is good better sony vtc4, that my Shopping experience, hope help to you .

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I noticed my Efest batteries seem to not "store" as well as my VCT5 batteries I've got. I have 6 Efest, mainly for my mechanical mods. However, since I also own a Sigelei 100+, I was utilizing them in it as well. I rotate the "stored" once in the Sigelei, after just sitting there for 2-3 days. However, before I do so, I drop them in the charger, and it does take a while, to charge them fully. I never noticed that with the VCT5, rotating them in my mech. mods.

BTW, how can you tell the difference between an original VCT5 and a fake?

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The VTC5 is 2500mAh. Your 3100mAh battery should take longer to charge because it has to put in 600mAh extra.

battery bro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I noticed my Efest batteries seem to not "store" as well as my VCT5 batteries I've got. I have 6 Efest, mainly for my mechanical mods. However, since I also own a Sigelei 100+, I was utilizing them in it as well. I rotate the "stored" once in the Sigelei, after just sitting there for 2-3 days. However, before I do so, I drop them in the charger, and it does take a while, to charge them fully. I never noticed that with the VCT5, rotating them in my mech. mods.

BTW, how can you tell the difference between an original VCT5 and a fake?

One of the best tests for lower grade, or older used cells is actually what you are doing with storage. A new li-ion cell may not show signs of self-discharge for up to 3 weeks. However used cells or low-grade cells will self-discharge very quickly like you described.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
One of the best tests for lower grade, or older used cells is actually what you are doing with storage. A new li-ion cell may not show signs of self-discharge for up to 3 weeks. However used cells or low-grade cells will self-discharge very quickly like you described.
Guess, you get what you pay for. I would have bought VCT5 if I would have found them.

VU Sponsors