Become a Patron!

Ehpro Iguana 20700 Squonk kit review by Mjag...Oh momma, you wanna see this!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tell ya, sometimes it is right time, right place but that is how I got so lucky to wind up with the Iguana 20700 mech squonk kit from Ehpro. Last day of the ECC show in Ontario, CA and I was walking around with my bud Deuces Jack who luckily for the both of us needed batteries so it took us in that direction. We stop by the Ehpro booth to say goodbye and low and behold they remember us and hand us both there prototype Iguana Squonk kits to review....I just about danced a jig right then and there.

DM8DTJV.gif

There is not too much info on the Iguana kit but I did get some while emailing with Ehpro. It is not a resin, it is a Acetic acid plate which I have no idea what that means but wow is it sexy. Not sure when production with start or pricing as of yet but as of now they plan on making the Blue seen here and a White version.

Specs as I measured:

Iguana 20700 squonk mod:

• 25mm x 86mm x 48.5mm
  • 6ml soft silicon squonk bottle
  • 20700 and I would suppose it would come with an 18650 adapter, it works with one I tried
  • Mech mod
  • Button lock switch

Iguana BF RDA:

• 24.5mm diameter 22mm tall
  • Bottom airflow
  • 2 squonk feeder holes located right under your wicks
  • 810 drip tip with inner o'ring for friction fit goon/kennedy style 810's
  • 4 post (can install your coils in either direction or do a dual coil stacked)
  • Domed inner top cap

Now let the sexiness begin!!!

aXUYCEe.jpg

A little better lit pic to get an idea of the true color
o0BhBDn.jpg

Other side, can I get a what what!

OJJA6p2.jpg

Xd76aQG.jpg

I have been just in love with this kit since I got it about 6 weeks ago, I really could have written this review the first week. With my review que and just wanting to see if any problem appeared I had to wait it out but used it everyday and believe me, it was not a chore.

The Iguana squonk mech is really really nice, I have so been enjoying it. Feels comfortable in the hands with its rounded corners and the back has a little bit of curve to it, you may be able to see it in this pic below.

CuGJgsK.jpg

Not much to the interior, it is a mech mod so that is to be expected but it has performed brilliantly.

L3xhEgm.jpg

d1ZbZtX.jpg

There are battery orientation markings that are a little hard to see.

CY1pW9a.jpg

The markings are actually imbedded into the mod, might not be everyone's taste but I love it.

LQWEi91.jpg

ih4WeKq.jpg

nFcfInh.jpg

Even the button is a very nicely machined hunk of metal with a cool camera style locking mechanism.

lfKrx3Q.jpg

I gotta tell you, after 6 weeks I still love this mod. Not only is it a looker but I have not run into one major problem while using it but a few minor quibbles.

The spring loaded 510 is big time stiff but never gave me any problems with any tank I tried on it. The panel can get a little loose when squeezing the squonk bottle, I once popped it out of place. No battery ribbon so getting the battery out is a little more of a chore than it should be. The 510 plate is slightly raised so there will be a small gap under your tank. 21700 are too wide, they go into the mod but the panel will not fit properly. All that is minor though, I am just putting that out there to get as much info out to the vape public as possible. I would say my biggest gripes would be getting the battery out and the panel flex when squonking.

I never did get a Vandy Vape Pulse BF mod, I have a friend who had one and it was just meh to me. I have a couple of other mech squonks but hardly use them over my regulated squonk mods. This Iguana though, with a great single coil RDA like the one it comes with I have a hard time putting down.

The Iguana RDA

ckk4whn.jpg

Now as impressed as I am with the Iguana mech mod the matching Iguana RDA is just as impressive, just look at how thick the top cap is and they domed the inside chamber!

SxLBqGo.jpg

Airflow comes right from under the coil and the squonk feeder holes are on either side, right were you lay your cotton down.....brilliant!

UuMLYfJ.jpg

Uses the same style posts as the Ehpro Bachelor X which means it doesn't matter if you wind your coils clockwise or counterclockwise, you can easily install them. You can also run dual stacked coils if you so wish like I did with the Bachelor X.

V8EA4FI.jpg

I didn't try that build with the Iguana RDA though, I was enjoying the single coil builds so much I didn't feel it was necessary but it sure is doable.

The overall build quality on the Iguana RDA is above and beyond what I was expecting. The only trouble I ran into was when I cranked down on one of the grub screws a little too much and it bent the outside post a little. I just carefully bent it back with a wrench and all was well.

Builds are as simple as you would expect looking at the deck, the only thing that is a pain is removing one or sometimes both screws to install your coils. You can get some pretty thick coils in there as well, I just had to try this crazy coil I found in my stash.

xHwrpO2.jpg

P7809Dy.jpg

That was probably one of my least favorite builds but hey, it can be done.

O'rings are just about perfect, grub screws are excellent and the airflow control is smooth as silk, they really made an excellent RDA and I hope this is exactly what goes into production.

Flavor wise I am sure you can guess with bottom airflow and a domed top cap in a small chamber that it is lights out good, well you guessed right.

Really my only complaint with the Iguana RDA is I am not crazy about the posts considering I bent one. It bent back easy enough but I am also not crazy about removing a screw or sometimes both with big builds. Of course I dropped the screw a couple of times and luckily found it again but a post system where the screws stay put would be an improvement.

Pros:

• Sexiness and then some
  • Excellent fire button and cool locking switch
  • Thick top cap on RDA with domed inner chamber for excellent flavor
  • Bottom airflow
  • O'rings are just about perfect on RDA
  • Smooth airflow control
  • Excellent grub screws
  • Squonk feeds to both sides of your wicks

Cons:

• Access panel on mod can flex or come out of place when squonking
  • 510 plate a little raised so tanks don't sit flush
  • No battery ribbon so removing battery can be tricky
  • Posts on RDA can bend if over tightened

Final thoughts

After reading this your probably wondering....hmmmm, I wonder if he liked it or not? OK, you probably guessed that yeah, this guy won't shut up about how much he enjoys this kit. I normally don't like to go fanboy about anything but I love it so much.....my precious.

I have no idea on pricing yet but Ehpro is known for putting out products at a great value and I am hoping that is the case here. They really did go out of there way to put a quality piece of kit out though, this screams high end and one of the reasons I am so happy with it.

I also have no idea what will be included with the kit, all I got handed was exactly what you see, no box, accessories or anything else.

If you like what you see then you won't be disappointed with the performance, it works just as good as it looks.

Please keep in mind this is a Mech mod which means you must know your Ohms law and batteries to be used with it. Steam Engine has a lot of useful information including a Ohms law calculator that can be found here: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Mooch is the guy to see for battery info, check out his facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/batterymooch/

Check out how this stacks up to other tasty gear and meet the Steampugs team of reviewers. Your bound to have a good time and read up on some great products, not so great ones too http://www.steampugs.co.uk/

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It surely is a beauty! Can’t wait to see the pricing on this as its true you’ve never raved so much about any kit as far as I know :D I love how the bf rda has a stopper on the airflow! It looks like a quality kit for sure!
:hearts::hearts::hearts:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It surely is a beauty! Can’t wait to see the pricing on this as its true you’ve never raved so much about any kit as far as I know :D I love how the bf rda has a stopper on the airflow! It looks like a quality kit for sure!
:hearts::hearts::hearts:

I was trying to rack my brain but I think your right, I don't think I have raved about anything as much as this kit. The initial giddiness I felt the first week never waned, that is why it took me so long to review. The RDA just checks off a lot of boxes with me, no cheap barrel like the Phobia RDA where I can smash it between my fingers it is so thin.

I did mention to Ehpro that a regulated version would be great, a friend of mines idea. Ehpro makes a great chip they use in the Fusion 200 and I would love to see it in an Iguana body. The Iguana has renewed my love of mechs though, I just generally don't like to review or recommend them because of there inherent danger to those uninformed.

Your gonna love it Judy, I will buy the White version if it is as good looking as this blue and I hope they make the RDA in different colors as well.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was trying to rack my brain but I think your right, I don't think I have raved about anything as much as this kit. The initial giddiness I felt the first week never waned, that is why it took me so long to review. The RDA just checks off a lot of boxes with me, no cheap barrel like the Phobia RDA where I can smash it between my fingers it is so thin.

I did mention to Ehpro that a regulated version would be great, a friend of mines idea. Ehpro makes a great chip they use in the Fusion 200 and I would love to see it in an Iguana body. The Iguana has renewed my love of mechs though, I just generally don't like to review or recommend them because of there inherent danger to those uninformed.

Your gonna love it Judy, I will buy the White version if it is as good looking as this blue and I hope they make the RDA in different colors as well.
Has there been any update on the release date?

VU Sponsors