Become a Patron!

EHPro Kayfun v4 - Not worth the money

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have already posted this in another thread, but figured I would give it it's own thread for those that didn't see it.

First let me say I was really excited about getting the EHPro Kayfun v4. All of my past EHPro clones, 4 KFL+, were spot on and trouble free. So I had very high expectations for their version of the new Kayfun v4. I was seriously let down.

Out of the box it looks like a quality piece. It comes with the three different tank sections as well as a bag of extra parts. That is where the honeymoon ends.

First the most noticeable issue. The juice control will not turn. I have tried gripping it with everything outside of something that might damage it, and it will not budge. I am sure if I put some major force with some vice grips it may turn. But that would be at the expense of possible damage or breakage. Major flaw #1

Second issue. One of the best features of the Svomesto Kayfun v4 is the ability to fill it from the top. This is done by turning the juice control off (see above - the part I could not get to turn) and then removing the top cap. You fill and put the top cap back on and open the juice control back up. Well one crucial part of this is on the top cap. There is a flat area on the threads. The purpose of this is to allow air to escape as you are screwing the cap back on. This helps it obtain it's vacuum again. Great concept huh??? Well yes it would be. But for some EHPro decided to not include this flat spot on the top cap. How this would affect it when filling I don't know. best guess would be it would force liquid down into the chimney and cause major flooding and leaking. How they could leave what is a crucial part of the new design of the Kayfun v4 is beyond me. Major flaw #2

So that is where my review ends. No performance review. Sorry. I am not going to waste my time trying to get this to work. Even if I were to get the juice control lose without damage there is no guarantee it will work with the design flaw in the top cap. There are potential work-arounds for filling like taking the build deck off and filling through the holes in the chimney. But to me that takes away from one of the best features of the kayfun v4. Easy top filling.

So in closing I can not recommend the EHPro Kayfun v4 no matter how much of a fan I was of there previous products. They have really dropped the ball with this one. Which is surprising from a company that is known for making top quality clones. If you are looking for a decent Kayfun v4 clone check out the Tobeco. Apparently they got it right.

UPDATE:
Apparently EHPro has now fixed the top cap issue. They are stating to contact the vendor you purchased from so they can contact EHPro to get the corrected parts to them and then to you.

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried returning it? Maybe your's is just defective.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried returning it? Maybe your's is just defective.

Just got it today. The juice control I am sure is defective. The top cap design flaw is not a defect. It was an omission of a major working feature of the original. Which will not allow it to work as it should. I have seen others posting theirs are the same way. It will be going back.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never used a Kayfun. I think many have, but it's one RTA that I have never considered, for whatever reason. Maybe I just wasn't sold on the look of it?

One I have used Very hard lately is a Billow. I have a Orchid V6 (glass) on the way, as well as a Sub Tank.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My juice shutoff was really, really stiff, I used an allen key in one of the aiflow holes to get a grip while I turned the base back and fourth to loosen it up.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My juice shutoff was really, really stiff, I used an allen key in one of the aiflow holes to get a grip while I turned the base back and fourth to loosen it up.

Already tried that. But the fact is even if I were to get the juice valve to work it doesn't fix the design flaw in the top fill cap.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have already posted this in another thread, but figured I would give it it's own thread for those that didn't see it.

First let me say I was really excited about getting the EHPro Kayfun v4. All of my past EHPro clones, 4 KFL+, were spot on and trouble free. So I had very high expectations for their version of the new Kayfun v4. I was seriously let down.

Out of the box it looks like a quality piece. It comes with the three different tank sections as well as a bag of extra parts. That is where the honeymoon ends.

First the most noticeable issue. The juice control will not turn. I have tried gripping it with everything outside of something that might damage it, and it will not budge. I am sure if I put some major force with some vice grips it may turn. But that would be at the expense of possible damage or breakage. Major flaw #1

Second issue. One of the best features of the Svomesto Kayfun v4 is the ability to fill it from the top. This is done by turning the juice control off (see above - the part I could not get to turn) and then removing the top cap. You fill and put the top cap back on and open the juice control back up. Well one crucial part of this is on the top cap. There is a flat area on the threads. The purpose of this is to allow air to escape as you are screwing the cap back on. This helps it obtain it's vacuum again. Great concept huh??? Well yes it would be. But for some EHPro decided to not include this flat spot on the top cap. How this would affect it when filling I don't know. best guess would be it would force liquid down into the chimney and cause major flooding and leaking. How they could leave what is a crucial part of the new design of the Kayfun v4 is beyond me. Major flaw #2

So that is where my review ends. No performance review. Sorry. I am not going to waste my time trying to get this to work. Even if I were to get the juice control lose without damage there is no guarantee it will work with the design flaw in the top cap. There are potential work-arounds for filling like taking the build deck off and filling through the holes in the chimney. But to me that takes away from one of the best features of the kayfun v4. Easy top filling.

So in closing I can not recommend the EHPro Kayfun v4 no matter how much of a fan I was of there previous products. They have really dropped the ball with this one. Which is surprising from a company that is known for making top quality clones. If you are looking for a decent Kayfun v4 clone check out the Tobeco. Apparently they got it right.
That sucks man. Definitely return that. I've wanted a V4, but I have 6 KFL's, and have fallen in love with dripping, so I'm gonna hold off. My tanks are gathering dust.

I heard the Tobeco was solid, as you said, sorry you had to be the one to figure it out, but thanks for the heads up on the EHPRO. I have and EHPRO KFL +V2, and it's one of my better ones. It goes to show that manufacturer doesn't necessarily mean shit, they all have some things they make well, and some they just drop the ball on.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sucks man. Definitely return that. I've wanted a V4, but I have 6 KFL's, and have fallen in love with dripping, so I'm gonna hold off. My tanks are gathering dust.

I heard the Tobeco was solid, as you said, sorry you had to be the one to figure it out, but thanks for the heads up on the EHPRO. I have and EHPRO KFL +V2, and it's one of my better ones. It goes to show that manufacturer doesn't necessarily mean shit, they all have some things they make well, and some they just drop the ball on.

Exactly!!! Would have never expected this level of suck from EHPro. On the flip-side would have never expected the high level of quality that people with the Tobeco are reporting.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exactly!!! Would have never expected this level of suck from EHPro. On the flip-side would have never expected the high level of quality that people with the Tobeco are reporting.
Yeah, that's part of why I waited. I'm sick of buying clones that suck, and the V4 appears to be a rather complicated piece. That's what makes it awesome, but I can imagine there will be shitty clones. The Tobecos are giving some people issues, too. I suppose all my Kayfuns have one quirk or another. The hype train behind one brand can get big, and unjustified, too.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had to use soft jaw pliers (pliers with rubber hose stretched over the jaws - home made) to break the juice control loose the first time on the Tobeco. Please don't take this the wrong way, but just in case. You mention the top cap having a flat spot in the threads to let air out. The top cap is two pieces. The flat spot is on the threads to the raised section that holds the drip tip. If you knew that and it's still missing then I apologize for bringing it up.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had to use soft jaw pliers (pliers with rubber hose stretched over the jaws - home made) to break the juice control loose the first time on the Tobeco. Please don't take this the wrong way, but just in case. You mention the top cap having a flat spot in the threads to let air out. The top cap is two pieces. The flat spot is on the threads to the raised section that holds the drip tip. If you knew that and it's still missing then I apologize for bringing it up.

Did not take it the wrong way. And I am sure that could be a point of confusion for some. But it is the very top cap that the drip tip goes into that I was referring to.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sucks. Figured it was at least worth a mention. It's a different design than most. EhPro usually does pretty decent clones. Big whiff to miss that.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That sucks. Figured it was at least worth a mention. It's a different design than most. EhPro usually does pretty decent clones. Big whiff to miss that.
Yeah, top fill and build deck access without draining are the two most appealing aspects to me. So, for someone such as myself who loves Kayfuns for my tanks, is a GOOD clone worth it?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, top fill and build deck access without draining are the two most appealing aspects to me. So, for someone such as myself who loves Kayfuns for my tanks, is a GOOD clone worth it?

If you can find a good clone absolutely. My EHPro KFL's have been trouble free. I am beginning to think that the Kayfun v4, authentic and clones, are not ready for prime time. I hear of major voltage jump problems with the authentic. I would be pissed if I shelled out $180 and had an issue like that. That issue, mine and a few others are plaguing the clones. Guess that is the disadvantage of being an early adopter.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, I'm surprised at the situation with the Ehpro clone. I have a no name Fasttech one that works great.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've really only had today to play with the Tobeco but I'm pleased with it. The top fill and easy access to the build are nice. The air flow control design is pretty clunky but it's mostly set and forget. At the price point I'd say yes. I paid $19.95 dancing with Artemus and VapeNW has the Tobeco for $24.95. As Zamazam says some of the FT one's are getting good reviews. Infinite has been aggressively pricing recently. They may have one out or will soon I'm sure.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've really only had today to play with the Tobeco but I'm pleased with it. The top fill and easy access to the build are nice. The air flow control design is pretty clunky but it's mostly set and forget. At the price point I'd say yes. I paid $19.95 dancing with Artemus and VapeNW has the Tobeco for $24.95. As Zamazam says some of the FT one's are getting good reviews. Infinite has been aggressively pricing recently. They may have one out or will soon I'm sure.

Infinite has one on FT. I just placed an order that is on slow process a week ago so I really don't want to wait that much longer. Gonna wait for some reviews on it and for some US sellers to stock it before committing. If I even do. My first experience with the v4 doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy in general.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's something I ordered a few days back, an Erlkoenigen Clone with a Nautilus style airflow base: https://www.fasttech.com/products/2074900 Top filling....
2074900-1.jpg

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Infinite has one on FT. I just placed an order that is on slow process a week ago so I really don't want to wait that much longer. Gonna wait for some reviews on it and for some US sellers to stock it before committing. If I even do. My first experience with the v4 doesn't give me a warm/fuzzy in general.
What part#? 2018000?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I saw Artemus had the Tobeco. I have 4 of the V3 blacks from him, and have had to put fill port O Rings on the adjustable 510's or they screw in with the atty, which = bad. A couple are suffering from wandering ohms now. Kinda sucks. Dangerous on mechs, and on my iPV3 it'll blast the volts at me if it reads high. They fluctuate and it's annoying.

His price on the Tobeco is good, though, and I know there is one FT sku which is speculated to be authentic. I'm probably gonna wait with my two V3 Mutations on the way, and my V2 I'm vaping now. Wandering ohms sucks, and I want that fixed first. Plus, I'm digging dripping now, a complete 180 for me. Just had to find my setup.

I'll keep reading. I'll get one at some point, it's inevitable.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought I saw an Infinite somewhere but it all begins to blend together sometimes.:)

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Buy a Tobeco version. Mine is perfect in every way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even the "authentic" has stiff juice shut off's. Daftlush is correct on the 510 positive screw, loosen it up a tad and the juice control will twist easier.

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My ehpro kayfun v4 has been giving me trouble. My juice control ring works fine, but the section that has the chimney and let's you get to to the builds without draining juice takes so much force to get it off that I have not been able to get it unscrewed without pouring all the juice out. Another big problem I am having is getting a good connection on my sigelei 100w +. I build the kayfun at 1.4 ohms and it will work fine for a while and then the ohms will jump up to around 3.

AlexConfidential

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How's airflow on it? What's it comparable to? A lemo or a fogger?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My ehpro kayfun v4 has been giving me trouble. My juice control ring works fine, but the section that has the chimney and let's you get to to the builds without draining juice takes so much force to get it off that I have not been able to get it unscrewed without pouring all the juice out. Another big problem I am having is getting a good connection on my sigelei 100w +. I build the kayfun at 1.4 ohms and it will work fine for a while and then the ohms will jump up to around 3.

That Ohm jumping around is your spring in the base not making good contact. Take the base apart and stretch the spring a little bit, put it back together. I'm betting the Ohms will be stabilized.

Use an allen key in one of the airholes for some leverage when you are taking the base/build deck off. Same problem as the authentic....

TruSound

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems like buying a clone of a device that's as intricate as a KF4 with so many parts is a crap shoot at best…although I have heard the Infinite version is pretty much spot-on and it's actually tough to tell the difference.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems like buying a clone of a device that's as intricate as a KF4 with so many parts is a crap shoot at best…although I have heard the Infinite version is pretty much spot-on and it's actually tough to tell the difference.

I have found so little information on the Infinite/SXK version. I was actually going to wait it out until it was more readily available and some people did reviews.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
UPDATE:
Apparently EHPro has now fixed the top cap issue. They are stating to contact the vendor you purchased from so they can contact EHPro to get the corrected parts to them and then to you.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update #2

My seller is shipping out my updated top cap today. I have no idea how they got them so fast.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update #3

Just got another message from my seller. They just received in their latest shipment and they all have the corrected top cap. So all should be good from here on out. They are giving me a top cap from one in the new shipment.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Buy a Tobeco version. Mine is perfect in every way

i think in aggregate, the tobeco is better than the authentic. you should see some of the complaints coming from authentic owners, scratchy threads, connection issues, etc. never heard anything but positive from tobeco owners and im one of them. everything is perfect

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i think in aggregate, the tobeco is better than the authentic. you should see some of the complaints coming from authentic owners, scratchy threads, connection issues, etc. never heard anything but positive from tobeco owners and im one of them. everything is perfect

I for the most part have seen the same about the Tobeco. But over the last few days I have seen a few people start to complain about flooding and leaking. I think all in all the design in general of the v4 could use some tweaking.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm blown away by the quality of it, truly. I'm not even a big Kayfun guy, and was expecting little from this tank.

The flavor is stellar, the threads/machining are flawless, the juice control, and top filling feature are amazing, and it's quickly become my go to carry tank.

I get thicker vapor, and clouds from my Lemo's, and amazing flavor too; though I can't really compare the two. After running 60ml or so through the Tobeco Kayfun V4, I'm a firm advocate for this tank. Frankly, I'd pay authentic price point for one had I known how good it would be.

Drawbacks/cons?

Tobeco version comes with 0 spares, orings, etc.

Was saturated in machine oil..

Machine oil was causing connection issues, thus making the ohms jump around. Cleaned it better, and stretched the spring a hair/ done. Perfect connection

Those are my only niggles with it.

They also have a true 'S Kit' available for $4 which I ordered (bought mine at a local B&M )

And the airflow even on the stock pin improves dramatically when you remove the adjustment screw.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I for the most part have seen the same about the Tobeco. But over the last few days I have seen a few people start to complain about flooding and leaking. I think all in all the design in general of the v4 could use some tweaking.
Where have you seen people complain about the Tobeco version? Got links?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where have you seen people complain about the Tobeco version? Got links?

The "other" forum. It isn't wide spread. But it is noted. I think as far as the clones go the Tobeco seems to be the most trouble-free across the board. The biggest downfall is they don't include any spare parts. And it arrives pretty damn dirty.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thats why i say tobeco is better than the authentic. scratchy threads?? i mean come on for $180 it should be butter.

the single con i get from my tobeco is when im opening the juice control, the last turn or so it feels like the spring is catching on something. i could probably fix it by taking it apart or something though. literally everything else is flawless, from threads to glass to how it vapes

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The "other" forum. It isn't wide spread. But it is noted. I think as far as the clones go the Tobeco seems to be the most trouble-free across the board. The biggest downfall is they don't include any spare parts.
Honestly man; some people aren't mechanically inclined, and have problems with anything. The only issue with mine was the common 'ohms jumping' issue; which turned out to be caused by machine oil in the base. Cleaned the contact points with rubbing alcohol, stretched the spring maybe 1/2mm and it's been flawless.

As far as leaking is concerned; I don't see how it's even possible, unless someone damaged an o-ring.

Again, I'm not a Kayfun fanboy (far from it), but this thing has me over the moon.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
thats why i say tobeco is better than the authentic. scratchy threads?? i mean come on for $180 it should be butter.
I sure hope the authentic isn't like that; because I'm so in love with the Tobeco clone, I plan on buying an authentic, and marrying it to a Provari P3

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sure hope the authentic isn't like that; because I'm so in love with the Tobeco clone, I plan on buying an authentic, and marrying it to a Provari P3

consider it a heads up. im sure they arent all like this but ive seen a lot of complaints

Capture.PNG

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Point is none of them are perfect. I am sure some are user error. But I have seen cases of the wrong size o-ring being included with the Tobeco. And no extras for back-up. Of course I have also seen issues with the one from CodeVape, the Fasttech versions and others. And there is the obvious issues with the EHPro already stated. None of them, including the authentic seem to be perfect. Yes there are gonna be some that have a perfect one to debunk the ones that are having issues. But that is the case with anything. It isn't always user error.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
not really on topic here but if anyone wants to know how to remove the spring in kayfun 4 heres good vid:

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
The "other" forum. It isn't wide spread. But it is noted. I think as far as the clones go the Tobeco seems to be the most trouble-free across the board. The biggest downfall is they don't include any spare parts. And it arrives pretty damn dirty.
The authentic doesn't come with shit for spares either. $180 and then another $20-30 to get the THREE different spare kits they broke em into. I think kit 2 is JUST the insulator for the 510 pin by itself (parts 10/11).. Kit 3 is 2 single orings?? They couldn't have just thrown those in with Kit 1 and made it like $15 instead of $13?? That's why I'll never buy a Svoemesto.

VU Sponsors