Become a Patron!

Ehpro Red Black 2200 mah 40A cell Do not buy per Mooch

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a copy from a post by Mooch on ECR.
All credit to Mooch.

Bench Test Results: EHPRO Red-Black 2200mAh 40A 18650...preposterously overrated, DO NOT BUY self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 10 hours ago by Mooch315

Bottom Line: This is one of the most overrated cells I have ever tested. Do not buy it.

The EHPRO Facebook page says it’s a 40A cell and the wrap has large letters that rate this cell at 40A “max”. The EHPRO web site does not have this cell on it.

On the wrap, in the tiniest lettering I’ve ever seen on a cell, it says it’s rated 25A continuous and 40A “max pulse discharge”. This cell only delivered 56mAh (yes, only fifty-six) at 25A continuous down to 3.2V.

The 40A pulse rating is useless as we don’t know the pulse length, time between pulses, and the criteria they used to set the rating (Temperature? Voltage sag? Cycle life? A combination of those or other things?). We’re not able to compare this cell’s pulse rating to any other’s. Pulsing this cell at 40A would cause its voltage to instantly collapse anyway.

This is a disasterously poor performing cell. I am giving this EHPRO cell an estimated rating of 5A and unknown capacity as it’s not worth my time testing it further.

VU Sponsors