Become a Patron!

EHPro Veritas with a funny taste?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got in an EHPro Veritas that has been modified to use as a bottom feeder. I did a full clean with Dawn when I got it. On the first build I noticed the machine oil taste(OMG ITS BAD) I soaked it over night in vodka and then repeated the dawn cleaning. I have tested the insulator to see if it has gotten soft or melted but it is fine. I have tried builds from .3 to 1.6 and still get the same taste on and off. Any one else had issues like this?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
PRO TIP: Remove all screws and completely disassemble prior to cleaning. Machine oil can hide in the posts where the heat is greatest.
That is all.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you lived in San diego I would throw it in our vapor degreaser at work. It will remove ALL machine oil.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ehpro is usually pretty good about cleaning their stuff up before shipping it out but theres alays going to be that one unit that makes it out the door with some machining oil somewhere. cleaning with soapy water is always a good first step but you also have to make sure youve gotten all the soap out.
i have a cheap ultrasonic cleaner i picked up from harbor freight. it was something like 40$ and works great.
if i really want to go that extra mile i'll take it completely apart, remove all the plastic and meltable parts and run it through an autoclave.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vinegar can do wonders!

Disassemble, put all the pieces and parts in some kind of small glass jar, fill with vinegar and soak, then shake, then soak.

Repeat until you are bored or your family members start making fun of you.

Then remove and flush with water. Then soak in water (preferably distilled or softened ) and then dry.

If that does not do it, send it to Pony with a cashiers check for $15.75 to clean in the ultrasonic device and hope to hell you get it back:D

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pulled it completely apart and let it soak in vodka last night. Im guessing that some machine oil was trapped in the center pin. Have it build and working great now. Thank You to everyone for all the suggestions.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just had the same issue with a FT Orchid clone. Hoping that's the issue. Letting it soak overnight.

VU Sponsors