Become a Patron!

Ejuice Me Up calculator error message

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone had this error message pop up on them in the Ejuice Me Up calculator? It only seems to occur when I'm attempting to edit a recipe that I have added to the database. It's not allowing me to change any of the variables, such as amount to make and nicotine content. I can edit the fields, but it will not recalculate with updated measurements. You can see that I've entered 30mls to create on the left, but the totals given are still for 10mls on the right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but no dice.

Error.PNG

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two things come to mind ScreamQueen - 1) Check details button and see if it references "microsoft Net Framework" if so you may need to update the version installed on your computer ... and if thats not it.. you can try 2) right click the shortcut to run ejuice me up .. and try running as an 'administrator'
see if that helps .. it may not have correct permissions on all files .. :)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think that's the error message that's displayed when you haven't entered anything in for the gram weights. Click Tools/Grams Set and put in how many grams = 1ml of nic, PG, VG, water/PGA, and Flavoring. I use 50/50 nic base, so I have for values:
Nicotine: 1.1425
PG: 1.036
VG: 1.249
Water/PGA: 1
Flavoring: 1

Flavoring will vary, depending on what it is (and most flavoring is in a PG base), but I figure "1" is close enough.

The value I have in for my 50/50 nic is a tiny bit off because it doesn't account for the weight of the nicotine powder that's mixed in with the PG/VG, but again, I figure using formula of (PG+VG)/2 is close enough.

One ml of water weighs 1 gram. One ml of PGA weighs 0.789 grams. So, you'll have to enter in value for whichever one you're most likely to use.

Recipes that come pre-installed with ejuice me up were entered into the program before the gram weights feature was added. So, unless you edit them, they work as-is. If you edit them, though, then the gram weight is required in order to avoid that error message.

Last edited:

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think that's the error message that's displayed when you haven't entered anything in for the gram weights. Click Tools/Grams Set and put in how many grams = 1ml of nic, PG, VG, water/PGA, and Flavoring. I use 50/50 nic base, so I have for values:
Nicotine: 1.1425
PG: 1.036
VG: 1.249
Water/PGA: 1
Flavoring: 1

Flavoring will vary, depending on what it is (and most flavoring is in a PG base), but I figure "1" is close enough.

The value I have in for my 50/50 nic is a tiny bit off because it doesn't account for the weight of the nicotine powder that's mixed in with the PG/VG, but again, I figure using formula of (PG+VG)/2 is close enough.

One ml of water weighs 1 gram. One ml of PGA weighs 0.789 grams. So, you'll have to enter in value for whichever one you're most likely to use.

Recipes that come pre-installed with ejuice me up were entered into the program before the gram weights feature was added. So, unless you edit them, they work as-is. If you edit them, though, then the gram weight is required in order to avoid that error message.

This was it! Once I added the gram weights and recalculated, the rest of the values were able to update. Thank you so much for your help :)

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two things come to mind ScreamQueen - 1) Check details button and see if it references "microsoft Net Framework" if so you may need to update the version installed on your computer ... and if thats not it.. you can try 2) right click the shortcut to run ejuice me up .. and try running as an 'administrator'
see if that helps .. it may not have correct permissions on all files .. :)

Thanks for your help Foggz. It wound up being the gram weight issue, but at least I have some more information in my arsenal to use if I have any more issues running the app in the future :)

VU Sponsors