Become a Patron!

Eleaf ijust2 - modify for mouth-to-lung ?

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi all,
First post so I should short intro..
Was 32yrs heavy smoker, discovered vaping with a Kanger e-Smart and never looked back (3 mo's now).

So, I wanted something a little 'heavier' for home use, was going thru 2 refills on the 1.3mL e-Smart on a daily basis. The local shop recommended a Eleaf ijust2 as my next step.
Well, as a mouth-to-lung hitter, the 0.3ohm coil in the ijust was just insane. I had to keep the airflow band completely shut to get some airflow resistance but then the vapor was nearly on fire as it came out ! (lol)

Tried an Aspire 1 ohm coil but it barely made vapour (not sure why though..), and now Ive settled on a 0.5ohm Eleaf coil. With the band on fully restricted, I get a satisfying mouth hit .. and if I double-hit it gets even stronger (since the coil is partially warmed up).

So, the mod question is now..
I would like to ditch that silly yellow band.
Can I use Bondic ( http://www.bondicusa.com ) to fill in the vent holes ? I dont think this area gets hot, so there shouldnt be any residual chemical vapour residue issues once its cured ..
I would likely fill in 3 of the 4 holes, then start considering how much to fill the 4th hole (ya do need 'some' air afterall..lol)

Thanks for any thoughts !

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dcarpentier congratulations on stopping the cancer sticks and welcome the vape community.
I'm a direct lung vaper and I prefer some restriction when it comes to airflow a great tank for that is the aspire Triton because there is no locking mechanism on the airflow. It's a topfill tank and I believe you can get 1.8 ohm coils for MTL vaping as well. As far and bondic goes I wouldn't recommend it because bases can get hot from the transfer of heat from the coil, but I've never tried it.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pretty awesome-1- you quit smoking wham!
2- your modifying a tank to suit your needs is very nice to see! Great job!!!
I quit w the little Iclear lmao than protank (I kept getting confused cause the coil is on the bottom,the original Iclear and I clear 30 coils sit on the base- and sucked lol)
Than the nautilus for a LONGGGGG time and now I do direct lung sub ohm and never looked back lol
I sometimes miss MTL- may try the triton 2 or whip out my nautilus mini and it's last coil (I have given everything away and found 1 coil I didn't give away lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the replies guys..
(and let me know if this is the incorrect forum section for this stuff.. Im confused on where to be.. lol)

I may not go with the Bondic afterall.. I found on their website that the service temp for bondic is max 150c (300f) (and it says above that, "undesirable things may happen.. hmm, ominous much? ). Perhaps in the inner portions of the vent holes may hit 150c on a hard hit ? I dunno.

I'm still trying to learn to live with this 0.5 coil, It seems like I need to use it just below its optimum operating range.. short button pushes, too long and you can tell the coil went 'hot' as way too much vapour hits me. It tastes nicer at this temperature, but its too hot and too much for me (now anyhow..).
By slow-dragging my e-Smart stick, I can get the juice to sizzle and make nice flavour. I just want to be able to do the same with the ijust2

Maybe that 1-ohm coil (Aspire) was the wrong type for this battery ? Could a different compatible 1-ohm coil do what I need ?

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update: Picked up a Cleito tank. With the 0.4ohm stock coil and the air shutter very close to closed, this is perfect now !

The Cleito 0.4 coil recommends 40-60w , and with the 3.7 to 4.2v of the ijust2 battery , Im just barely making the low end of the range, but man this makes instant vape with draw resistance just like Im looking for. I cant speak overly much for 'flavour', as I burn a blend of approx 80% 60/40 tobacco flavor with 20% 70/30 peach (all with 6mg nic). Not sure if it adds a bit to it, but I stuck my restrictive tip inside the Cleito tip.

Still, FYI.. if anyone is in this boat with an ijust2 thats nearly there but not quite.. the Cleito tank/atty is one option that seems to work.

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,
First post so I should short intro..
Was 32yrs heavy smoker, discovered vaping with a Kanger e-Smart and never looked back (3 mo's now).

So, I wanted something a little 'heavier' for home use, was going thru 2 refills on the 1.3mL e-Smart on a daily basis. The local shop recommended a Eleaf ijust2 as my next step.
Well, as a mouth-to-lung hitter, the 0.3ohm coil in the ijust was just insane. I had to keep the airflow band completely shut to get some airflow resistance but then the vapor was nearly on fire as it came out ! (lol)

Tried an Aspire 1 ohm coil but it barely made vapour (not sure why though..), and now Ive settled on a 0.5ohm Eleaf coil. With the band on fully restricted, I get a satisfying mouth hit .. and if I double-hit it gets even stronger (since the coil is partially warmed up).

So, the mod question is now..
I would like to ditch that silly yellow band.
Can I use Bondic ( http://www.bondicusa.com ) to fill in the vent holes ? I dont think this area gets hot, so there shouldnt be any residual chemical vapour residue issues once its cured ..
I would likely fill in 3 of the 4 holes, then start considering how much to fill the 4th hole (ya do need 'some' air afterall..lol)

Thanks for any thoughts !
Congrats on quitting smoking.

VU Sponsors