Become a Patron!

Eleaf IKonn 220 battery readout issue-any help?

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
My two-month-old IKonn 220 started showing one battery depleted even when I knew they were both fully charged. I never charge in the mod, always in a charger. My batteries are and have always been married.

It is always #2 that shows depleted - sometimes very low, sometimes higher. It changes up and down 20181113_073846.jpg with almost every puff.

I bought brand new Sony VTC5As and I'm getting the same issue. The depletion reading goes up and down as I vape. I switch battery position 1 for 2 and it's the same.

I use various tanks with builds from 0.19 to 0.49 and it is the same behavior with all of them. All contracts are clean. I haven't dropped the mod. Nothing sounds loose when I shake it.

I don't have another mod to try the batteries in, but since they are new (from IMRBatteries) I doubt it is the batteries.

At this point I don't know if it is just a readout problem and I can keep vaping or if I'm at risk of blowing my face off with it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing I can think of is something like one of THESE or something like one of THESE so you can run the batteries down some and then quickly see what the voltage of each is.

If they are close to the same then the mod is reading at least one of them wrong. If they really are that different then either the mod is draining one more than the other or one of the batteries really is bad.

I'd mark them and swap slots in the mod to find this out.

VU Sponsors