Become a Patron!

Eleaf Invoke impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay. Let’s start by disclosing that this was sent by Eleaf for review. This is no way will effect my critique of the product. Many who know me are aware that I use a lot of high end devices. This is not a high end kit. It is a kit that is marketed to be affordable and competitive to new vapers and maybe a few old timers as well. It comes in four colours, Black, Greenery, Silver, White. I got the green. I like it. Its bright but its nice.

I do not know why companies produce dual battery mods for 220 watts. There is no way I could get 220 watts out of this device. That said it performed remarkably well at watts up to 150. It was accurate and responsive. I did not feel a lag at all. To get above 150 I had to set the watts 10 - 15 watts above the desired watts and still only got around 180. That said I do not need more than that and really who does from a device that is meant for a ADV vape. I like the fire button position and the tank is centered! This should be standard on these mods. Feels really good in the hand and can be thumb or finger fired. Kudos Eleaf. Well designed.

The device came with a tank that performed pretty much as expected. The flavour is decent, it is easy to take apart, the coils are nice. I’ve never really been disappointed with an Eleaf device so it came as no surprise. I was able to use the coils at 90 watts with no burning sensation at all. These coils HW coils are designed to vaoed at higher watts. Four different coils are available. The AFC is really just right and of course it is top fill. Came with an extra glass too. Would have liked a few more coils to test but it is what it is. The drip tip is proprietary but nice.

I use my Pico all the time. This is a suitable upgrade for the Pico. A little bit better tank, dual battery and the same small ergonomic profile that i love about Eleaf. This is an attractive little device. Did I say little? I have an Aspire Speeder which I thought was pretty small. The Speeder towers over the Invoke.

The 1.3-inch display shows the vaping status from power wattage to coil resistance very clearly. The firmware can also be updated by connecting to the computer. The balanced charging is a plus too, securing a longer battery lifespan.

Okay lets go through the specs ...

aiRH5tL.jpg

Main features:
TC range: 200 - 600 Deg.F / 100 - 315 Deg.C
Wattage range: 1 - 220W
Resistance range: 0.05 - 1.5 ohm ( TC ), 0.1 - 3.5 ohm ( VW )
510 atomizer connector
Charging time: 2h
Diameter: 25mm
Capacity: 2ml / 4ml
Ultra compact and ergonomic design with elegantly crafted curves
Supports 2A quick charge and balance charge

Parameters:
Output wattage: 1-220W

Thread type: 510 thread

Battery type: 2 x 18650 battery (not included)

Output mode: VW/TC(Ni,Ti,SS)

Charging Current: 2A
Display: 1.3 inch

Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉(TC modes)

Color: White/Greenery/Silver/Black
Dual 18650 battery with 220W output

Compact and ergonomic design

Centered 510 connection for various tanks

1.3 inch large display

Ello T:
Size: 25 x 41mm (without 510 pin)
Capacity: 2ml (Extendable to 4ml)
Coil: HW3 Triple-Cylinder 0.2ohm Head (pre-installed)
Thread: Gold-plated 510 connection
Color: Green

Package Contents:
1 x Invoke 220W Mod, 1 x Ello T Tank 2ml, 1 x HW3 Triple-cylinder 0.2 ohm Coil, 1 x HW4 Quad-cylinder 0.3 ohm Coil, 1 x Spare Part ( Extendable Part, 4ml Glass Tube and O-ring ), 1 x QC USB Cable, 1 x English User Manual, 1 x Warning Card

Synopsis:
Well this kit is available online for under 40 dollars US. That is bargain for the quality and the vape experience. Yes it has a few drawbacks. It will not vape properly at 220 watts. It will vape TC and power modes well at 150 and less though. That is more than sufficient for 99% of the vapers out there. The quality is like the Pico - solid. The size is wonderful. The battery cage is works well and easy to change batteries on the fly. Overall a big thumbs up to Eleaf!

Last edited:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
220w? Nuts! I'm with you why would anyone want to vape that high? You'll pretty much blow any coil and the taste will be shitty. I vape around 120 and even then I drop a lot lower depending on juice.

This looks to be a pretty solid starter mod. I have not used it but I recommend it based on your review, I trust your opinion, to any noob. Could be a good beater too to take out and stealth vape.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really think an experienced vaper could also enjoy the mod. It does its job and is small enough for sure to be used on the go.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the review. i have one of these in the mail, that i bought blindly/zero research/impulse...its good to see some positive reviews popping up lol...

how is the paint/finish? i have an older istick100tc, and the mod is tough as hell, but the paint literally started coming off from the very first time i put it in my pocket (i put it with my phone and my phone scraped the paint clean off all the buttons...then my keys stuck to the magnets on the battery door and took another scratch just pulling them off). after a few days at work with me it looks like someone dug it out of the remains of a plane wreck. i love the toughness of the mod itself (it has outlasted a pair of cuboids, a boxer 188, a praxis decimus etc etc), but i wish it didnt look like something i fished out of a trash pile. i pretty much only use these type of cheap regulated mods for work beaters, so i really hope this little guy is tough enough to replace my istick.

why would anyone want to vape that high? You'll pretty much blow any coil and the taste will be shitty
i couldnt disagree more with you on this. a properly built coil will work as intended on the power it was intended for. blown out coils and burnt flavors are the result of lack of experience or knowledge (aka mistakes and bad decisions).

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered one the first day it was in stock on FT, Christmas present, very excited.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can get taste at 220 watts but this mod will not do 220 on just two batteries. As for the paint - too early to tell. It seems alright. My Picos never peeled at all. But I cannot vouch for this yet. It seems really sturdy. It almost has a rubbery feeling to the touch on the green I got. It should be a good work beater indeed and the price cannot be beat.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in the djlsb vapes review on youtube his charts show it hitting max power in the ~.1 to .2 ohm range. my work builds are usually pretty low power/high battery life types of builds, so that doesnt matter to me for this thing, but its nice to see that there is some room to play.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did not feel like it could hit 220 to me. I have lipo 250s that hit harder at 200. Like I said I felt you needed to up the power as you went above 150 to get the right watts. I don't want to disagree with djlsb of course. Also it could have been the RDA I tested at higher watts. Regardless, not a lot of vapers are going over 150 on this type of mod. Even on my godfather I am happy at around 140 - 160 with a .12 ohm build. Sp overall I give it a positive review. Time will tell if I need to revise this after a few weeks.

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it might just be that its regulated in a way that feels soft, making it more like 220w with finger quotes. i noticed that when i got a hohm wrecker and vaped it at the same settings as a cuboid with the same atty. the hohm wrecker was a whole different animal. the wrecker feels way closer to a mech mod than a (typical chinese) regulated one.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I did a bit mores testing last night. The TC mode is good when it works but it will kick you out of TC mode occasionally which is frustrating. Power mode is perfect up to about 170 watts as I mentioned. I do like the coils it came with. The HW3 coil is good up to about 70 watts but I tried the HW$ and found I could get a nice saturated vape at 50-60 watts. This is a definite improvement over the Melo 3 which actually is not a bad tank either. You will need the 4 ml tank extension though if you don't want to refill every hour. Thankfully it comes with. I also forgot to mention that the 510 pin is gold plated and the connection is solid. Plate seems sturdy.

I'm convinced that this mod will not do 220. I tried the watts with a 30 mm tank on both my DNA 250 and the Invoke. The difference is substantial. I found at about 170 (set to 180) the was little difference between the DNA and this mod. So actually it really is all you need.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I did a bit mores testing last night. The TC mode is good when it works but it will kick you out of TC mode occasionally which is frustrating. Power mode is perfect up to about 170 watts as I mentioned. I do like the coils it came with. The HW3 coil is good up to about 70 watts but I tried the HW$ and found I could get a nice saturated vape at 50-60 watts. This is a definite improvement over the Melo 3 which actually is not a bad tank either. You will need the 4 ml tank extension though if you don't want to refill every hour. Thankfully it comes with. I also forgot to mention that the 510 pin is gold plated and the connection is solid. Plate seems sturdy.

I'm convinced that this mod will not do 220. I tried the watts with a 30 mm tank on both my DNA 250 and the Invoke. The difference is substantial. I found at about 170 (set to 180) the was little difference between the DNA and this mod. So actually it really is all you need.

Were you using true 35 amp batteries?

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Were you using true 35 amp batteries?

As far as I know, from some of the best bat testers out there, no 35a battery has actual maximum pulse discharge rating of more than 20-25.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry about that, I thought there was a Sony battery with low mah that could do it, now I just see LG HB2/4/6s being rated up to 30amps, as well as Sony VTC4 (from Mooch's list)

I don't mess with high amps so I'm out of touch with that, but was genuinely curious if the mod could sense the batteries capabilities to reach the 50amp output limit the mod claims.

https://batterybro.com/collections/moochs-recommended/ampint_20-30

Last edited:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mine just showed up in the mail. it almost fits in the battery compartment of the hohm wrecker g2 :eek: so small. its only about half an inch wider than my istick30w...cant believe this thing lol.

*faints*

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You can get taste at 220 watts but this mod will not do 220 on just two batteries. As for the paint - too early to tell. It seems alright. My Picos never peeled at all. But I cannot vouch for this yet. It seems really sturdy. It almost has a rubbery feeling to the touch on the green I got. It should be a good work beater indeed and the price cannot be beat.
I was able to get 214 out of it at .14 ohms and DJL measured it out at 217 with a .17 so i'd say it pretty much does the 220 watts

I don't see how you could recommend temp mode if it can't stay in it. it would be like recommending a car that pops you out of drive into park randomly. I also don't see how it's perfect up to 170 watts. i mean i fired it at 100 watts 4 times and got output of 80 , 89, 84, 89 i don't mind it being a few watts weak but a difference of almost 10 watts with no changes to settings in back to back fire is far from perfect.
Sorry about that, I thought there was a Sony battery with low mah that could do it, now I just see LG HB2/4/6s being rated up to 30amps, as well as Sony VTC4 (from Mooch's list)

I don't mess with high amps so I'm out of touch with that, but was genuinely curious if the mod could sense the batteries capabilities to reach the 50amp output limit the mod claims.

https://batterybro.com/collections/moochs-recommended/ampint_20-30
i tested output at 45 max which is still pretty good.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not recommending temp mods. I said it was frustrating. How is that a recommendation? In fact it is good only if you are a power mode user. Thus the choice is up to the buyer. I don't use TC much. If I did I would not get this mod. Now maybe the update will correct this. I've already passed on my mod and never got to update it (was not available when I got it). We don't completely disagree Anthony - I just think for some people it will be a good choice. You feel it's not good for anybody.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm not recommending temp mods. I said it was frustrating. How is that a recommendation? In fact it is good only if you are a power mode user. Thus the choice is up to the buyer. I don't use TC much. If I did I would not get this mod. Now maybe the update will correct this. I've already passed on my mod and never got to update it (was not available when I got it). We don't completely disagree Anthony - I just think for some people it will be a good choice. You feel it's not good for anybody.
I mean in your final synopsis thing you said it's a good mod for TC and vaping 150 watts or less. Now your saying it's not? That's quite confusing. Also as a reviewer the job is to inform not make up stats about what it can't do when 2 people who tested it shows it does. It's ok to like something that sucks. I like the lux personally but objectively it sucks lol. I'm sure people will like it. But objectively it performs poorly so I can't see how a reviewer would be ok giving their thumbs up. Like I said in mine some people may like it for it's size and not notice the inconsistency but I can't personally put my name it. I guess we all have different standards :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mean in your final synopsis thing you said it's a good mod for TC and vaping 150 watts or less. Now your saying it's not? That's quite confusing. Also as a reviewer the job is to inform not make up stats about what it can't do when 2 people who tested it shows it does. It's ok to like something that sucks. I like the lux personally but objectively it sucks lol. I'm sure people will like it. But objectively it performs poorly so I can't see how a reviewer would be ok giving their thumbs up. Like I said in mine some people may like it for it's size and not notice the inconsistency but I can't personally put my name it. I guess we all have different standards :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dude - if you find when you first test that it does not have an issue and then later discover an issue you report it. I found I got kicked out of TC after I posted the initial review and MENTIONED IT. Stop already. Don't read my reviews. Don't tell me what my job is. Those were my first IMPRESSIONS. I don't pander to anyone. I don't want a war with you. I'll keep out of your threads. Keep out of mine if you don't like them.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Dude - if you find when you first test that it does not have an issue and then later discover an issue you report it. I found I got kicked out of TC after I posted the initial review and MENTIONED IT. Stop already. Don't read my reviews. Don't tell me what my job is. Those were my first IMPRESSIONS. I don't pander to anyone. I don't want a war with you. I'll keep out of your threads. Keep out of mine if you don't like them.
it's not a war by any means. I got nothing against you. just providing facts and good info. I mean you came into my thread and basically said i'm wrong it's a good mod. felt like a "shill" kind of move. i know your not shilling so i'm not accusing you of that by any means, but i started doing reviews because of people doing shill or bad one's with bad info. Sure nobody is perfect and we'll all make mistakes or miss a minor thing here and there, it's why it's good to read/watch multiple reviews to get multiple opinions. I'm just not a fan of false claims. not to mention your original review still recommends TC. If it was me i'd at least go back and edit in a note saying i don't recommend for it for TC. what if someone reads just your review and is a TC vaper and buys it only to find out it works like shit and kicks them out. they would feel pretty cheated. I do reviews for the community and the people looking to buy stuff. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. Your also still sticking to the "it doens' do 220 watts" when 2 people who tested it shows it pretty much does. i got 214 at .14 ohms and DJL got 217 at .17 ohms i'd say that's close enough to say it does 220 watts. nothing is 100% accurate even DNAs can be a few watts offs. I found the closest to 100% accurate wasn't a DNA but it was the G class.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
it might just be that its regulated in a way that feels soft, making it more like 220w with finger quotes. i noticed that when i got a hohm wrecker and vaped it at the same settings as a cuboid with the same atty. the hohm wrecker was a whole different animal. the wrecker feels way closer to a mech mod than a (typical chinese) regulated one.
the wrecker has a built in hard preheat that isn't adjustable so it gives the illusion of "hitting harder" then other mods. it's really just an extra watt boost at the start

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
mine just showed up in the mail. it almost fits in the battery compartment of the hohm wrecker g2 :eek: so small. its only about half an inch wider than my istick30w...cant believe this thing lol.

*faints*

Ohhh I can't wait to get this thing into my tiny fairy hands. LMAO

I've been using the Noisy Cricket lately to get ready for it. Really excited about the 2amp charging capability, and not dragging batteries in and out to charge (if it charges evenly which I expect it to)

VU Sponsors