Become a Patron!

Eleaf Istick "atomizer short"

So I received my Istick 30w yesterday, and whenever I put a sub ohm tank on and screw it all the way on, it says "atomizer short" but when I loosen it up a little, it works fine...any ideas?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are smushing the positive pin down to the point were it contacts the side of the 510 (negative). Are you by chance using the original kanger sub tank?

You are smushing the positive pin down to the point were it contacts the side of the 510 (negative). Are you by chance using the original kanger sub tank?
I use the aspire Atlantis and the sub tank nano, I've heard that that's the problem, but I know 2 people who have the exact same setup and it doesn't do that

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does it fire? & Does it get warm/hot quickly?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It fires when I loosen the tank and yes it gets hot fast.

how hot and how fast? @Zamazam is right about the connector...but if your mod is superheating there may be other underlying issues attributing to this problem....do you have another tank or someone else that has a tank you can use to see if it does that with it? I don't want to jump to conclusions with out more info but there may be a bad connection somewhere other than the tank

how hot and how fast? @Zamazam is right about the connector...but if your mod is superheating there may be other underlying issues attributing to this problem....do you have another tank or someone else that has a tank you can use to see if it does that with it? I don't want to jump to conclusions with out more info but there may be a bad connection somewhere other than the tank
After like 4 or 5 long hits

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After like 4 or 5 long hits

The tank, the device, or both gets warm? and if it's the device does it get kinda warm or really warm? and does the whole thing get warm or just the top where the heat from the atty spills over onto it?

The tank, the device, or both gets warm? and if it's the device does it get kinda warm or really warm? and does the whole thing get warm or just the top where the heat from the atty spills over onto it?
The bottom of the atty where it connects to the mod, and after chain baling for a minuite I can feel the mod warm up a bit

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A little bit of warmth is normal after a few drags back to back when chain vaping....especially with rda's and the sub ohm tanks....those are little tiny heaters putting out a lot of heat and some warmth is expected as the result...but if you're mod is getting really hot really fast after a drag or two then something would be wrong with it. The atty will get warm but if it gets too hot to touch after a single one or two second drag then the coil could/would be shorting.

It's good to be aware of these things, but without being able to look and feel it or more info it doesn't sound like anything too serious...if you're worried about having a bad mod and can exchange it I would. Another thing you can do that is kinda cheezy but works is take a rubber washer and use it as a spacer so your tank will sit tight on your mod but not smash the connection down.

I would still try your mod with another tank to see if you have the same issues. A little warm after a few drags is ok, alotta warm after a few seconds of the first drag is bad

A little bit of warmth is normal after a few drags back to back when chain vaping....especially with rda's and the sub ohm tanks....those are little tiny heaters putting out a lot of heat and some warmth is expected as the result...but if you're mod is getting really hot really fast after a drag or two then something would be wrong with it. The atty will get warm but if it gets too hot to touch after a single one or two second drag then the coil could/would be shorting.

It's good to be aware of these things, but without being able to look and feel it or more info it doesn't sound like anything too serious...if you're worried about having a bad mod and can exchange it I would. Another thing you can do that is kinda cheezy but works is take a rubber washer and use it as a spacer so your tank will sit tight on your mod but not smash the connection down.

I would still try your mod with another tank to see if you have the same issues. A little warm after a few drags is ok, alotta warm after a few seconds of the first drag is bad
Is it normal for the mod to feel a little warm after chain vaping like 10 times?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it normal for the mod to feel a little warm after chain vaping like 10 times?

With a sub ohm tank yes...like I said, the atomizers in those tanks produce a lot of heat....as you fire them over and over the tank gets hot. Some of the heat will radiate and spread to the top of the mod by proxy. As long as its getting a little warm after several hits you should be fine...it's just the head spreading and disapating from the atty. It is when you mod gets really hot really fast during a single drag that something is seriously wrong.

Like I said, if you can get ahold of another tank just to compare it would be ideal...but if your mod's getting just a little warm after ten hits you should be fine. My mech mods get warm after only a few hits and there's nothing wrong with them...just being heated up by the atty.

the coils in our atomizers and tanks are literally heating elements...Kanthal wire is used in heaters and things like that....so for the heat from them to radiate into the rest of the tank and a little bit of the device is normal. You'd know the difference between "kinda warm" and "scarey hot" if you ever felt it. The mod would heat up very quickly and it would do it in one drag or two and you'd want to drop it out of instinct.

With a sub ohm tank yes...like I said, the atomizers in those tanks produce a lot of heat....as you fire them over and over the tank gets hot. Some of the heat will radiate and spread to the top of the mod by proxy. As long as its getting a little warm after several hits you should be fine...it's just the head spreading and disapating from the atty. It is when you mod gets really hot really fast during a single drag that something is seriously wrong.

Like I said, if you can get ahold of another tank just to compare it would be ideal...but if your mod's getting just a little warm after ten hits you should be fine. My mech mods get warm after only a few hits and there's nothing wrong with them...just being heated up by the atty.

the coils in our atomizers and tanks are literally heating elements...Kanthal wire is used in heaters and things like that....so for the heat from them to radiate into the rest of the tank and a little bit of the device is normal. You'd know the difference between "kinda warm" and "scarey hot" if you ever felt it. The mod would heat up very quickly and it would do it in one drag or two and you'd want to drop it out of instinct.
Alright, everything makes a little more since now, thank you for your help! I'll post here if I have anymore questions

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright, everything makes a little more since now, thank you for your help! I'll post here if I have anymore questions

I am glad I can help...and please ask if you do...and if I don't make sense I'll keep trying to explain it till I do...I confuse myself sometimes so God only knows how I sound to others :)

VU Sponsors