Become a Patron!

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W fire button getting inside

Hey guys!

This is my first post so please don't roast me because I didn't know where exactly to put this in. There are so many subforums here, it's insane! :D

So... As it usually happens, people do stupid stuff when they're bored. It was 3AM, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to disassemble my iStick Pico.
I just wanted to see its guts and then I screwed it together the same way I took it apart (or that's what I thought.
After that the fire button works only in certain postitions, for example when the button is like in this picture:

17028722_10154984056673911_637368879_n.jpg

Do you have some suggestions on how to reverse engineer my stupidity?

Thanks!

The button looks like this

17015418_10154984124898911_189786797_o.jpg

The button cover has a hole that perfectly fits the rubber/silicon thing

16990308_10154984125203911_1102968077_o.jpg

My guess is that there used to be another piece of something over the button.

martin

Member For 4 Years
guess is spacer missing that takes up the slack between fire button and clicky switch on pcb

That's what I thought. I tried to find it, but it probably fell on the carpet and disappeared forever (as it usually happens with small things)

martin

Member For 4 Years
try putting nylon tights over vacuum nozzle and go over the area [ tights act as a filter ] not kidding it works a treat

I filled the button cover hole with solder and now it's working and the button is staying where it's supposed to be.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I filled the button cover hole with solder and now it's working and the button is staying where it's supposed to be.
Welcome to the forums!

It may be working, but that does not seem like the ideal material to use. It may have detrimental effects in the long run.

VU Sponsors