Become a Patron!

Eleaf Pico firmware update

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello I am a newbie to this type of vapeing. I just used a pen type for about a year. I just got an Eleaf Pico and I see that the firmware has an update available. My question is should I do this and what are the benefits of it if any. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Thanks for any help u can give me.

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last edited:

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for your help. My device already displays vape time out of the box. So it may already be running 1.02. But if it isn't something that is necessary I may not update it at all. I love the device the way it is. Beats the heck out of the topbox mini I was using.

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK so I just checked out the links for the updates you left . It is no the same as what I'm running. Again thanks for helping a noon. I have a lot to learn .

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried the updates and on my newest Pico I have decided not to update it because I like the pico just as it comes.

Did same. Went back to factory settings.... I don't like the changes to VW display, 1.01... And 1.02 does all the 1.01 changes. Being a MECH user first. I like seeing the set voltage for the chosen watts. Dont need the logos and don't understand how to use Smart. Don't really care about the vape timer display, as I can't see it while vaping anyway.

Mojoe1976

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all your help. If I do update and don't like it is it easy to switch back ?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all your help. If I do update and don't like it is it easy to switch back ?
Yes...less 30 seconds on slow PC and slow Dsl.. DL and install just download a copy of all the updates in from the eleaf give em a try. Took me about 5 minutes to try all three.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did the update and don't like it at all..it took away the volts display.( I prefer watching my volts on my rtas) For some reason I am having trouble getting it back..it tells me no device connected now....wish I never did it...

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not necessary.. just gives different screen options really.. don't think any update sofar affect function. Other than the smart mode.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wish they'd release one bringing the volts display to the Pico Mega dang it!
I was expecting it to have the same display as the Pico did originally, but nope. All the available versions have the stupid "simplified interface".
Oh well, the Mega got 5 more watts and the Pico got the option to have the better display, lol. I'd definitely give up the 5 extra watts for the voltage display.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wish they'd release one bringing the volts display to the Pico Mega dang it!
I was expecting it to have the same display as the Pico did originally, but nope. All the available versions have the stupid "simplified interface".
Oh well, the Mega got 5 more watts and the Pico got the option to have the better display, lol. I'd definitely give up the 5 extra watts for the voltage display.
No the took the volts display away with updates... imo.. with the 75 the first s/w version is the best .. As far as I can tell all the 75w updates are all display related. And for the worse. No performance changes.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No the took the volts display away with updates... imo.. with the 75 the first s/w version is the best .. As far as I can tell all the 75w updates are all display related. And for the worse. No performance changes.

They took away the voltage display in the updates for the Pico. The Pico Mega never had the voltage display which is why I had said I wish they would release an update giving the Pico Mega the voltage display. Can get confusing, I know. Plus, I threw a statement about the Pico Mega into a regular Pico thread. My bad, lol.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They took away the voltage display in the updates for the Pico. The Pico Mega never had the voltage display which is why I had said I wish they would release an update giving the Pico Mega the voltage display. Can get confusing, I know. Plus, I threw a statement about the Pico Mega into a regular Pico thread. My bad, lol.
I understood..... I was just pointing out the voltage display. Would be a backwards step... based on their progression. I wonder if the v1 for 75w would work on the 100? If it didn't affect function it might give the volts display.. Longshot.. but not out of the realm of possible.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I understood..... I was just pointing out the voltage display. Would be a backwards step... based on their progression. I wonder if the v1 for 75w would work on the 100? If it didn't affect function it might give the volts display.. Longshot.. but not out of the realm of possible.

Based on their progression, we should all be breast feeding and wearing onesies! (to which I am not opposed, as long as the onesies have footies)
In my opinion, the newer display not only looks worse, give us less info, but also cheapens the look as well. It's like the newer display was designed by Fisher-Price.
I know there are some that want their vaping experience as simple as possible, but how could giving us more info on the screen really defeat it's simplicity?
I reject their reality and substitute my own!

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Based on their progression, we should all be breast feeding and wearing onesies! (to which I am not opposed, as long as the onesies have footies)
In my opinion, the newer display not only looks worse, give us less info, but also cheapens the look as well. It's like the newer display was designed by Fisher-Price.
I know there are some that want their vaping experience as simple as possible, but how could giving us more info on the screen really defeat it's simplicity?
I reject their reality and substitute my own!
I had recently picked up the old Eleaf istick 50w..got a great deal for 28$ (new). For a work mod for no worries..the amazing thing about it(I totally forgot this feature) you can set it in strait Volts mo and not wattage..it is great that way how did that feature disappear from all mods??? If I take a tank that would be 4.2 at say (40 watts example.)and throw a Nautilus mini on it it right after the mod makes the wattage adjustment automatically to stay at 4.2 volts never frying the coil of the Nautilus that maxes out at 4.2 at 10.7 watts.. I have fried quite a few coils with that mistake before but not on the mod..So my question is why are mods going backwards? In some ways...my only thought would be so people could say "I'm Vaping at a higher wattage than you BRO.."....... My response....."I don't care" lol..

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had recently picked up the old Eleaf istick 50w..got a great deal for 28$ (new). For a work mod for no worries..the amazing thing about it(I totally forgot this feature) you can set it in strait Volts mo and not wattage..it is great that way how did that feature disappear from all mods??? If I take a tank that would be 4.2 at say (40 watts example.)and throw a Nautilus mini on it it right after the mod makes the wattage adjustment automatically to stay at 4.2 volts never frying the coil of the Nautilus that maxes out at 4.2 at 10.7 watts.. I have fried quite a few coils with that mistake before but not on the mod..So my question is why are mods going backwards? In some ways...my only thought would be so people could say "I'm Vaping at a higher wattage than you BRO.."....... My response....."I don't care" lol..

VV and VW are two different ways to get to the same place. In VV mode you adjust your voltage setting to achieve a certain wattage based on what resistance atomizer you put on it. In VW mode you set your wattage and the mod automatically adjusts the voltage so that its always firing at the same wattage no matter what resistance atomizer you put on it. Basically VW is the mod doing the math and adjusting the voltage for you.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VV and VW are two different ways to get to the same place. In VV mode you adjust your voltage setting to achieve a certain wattage based on what resistance atomizer you put on it. In VW mode you set your wattage and the mod automatically adjusts the voltage so that its always firing at the same wattage no matter what resistance atomizer you put on it. Basically VW is the mod doing the math and adjusting the voltage for you.
I understan

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand exactly how it works... my question was why don't mods have that feature anymore.. the Pico even takes its update to the extreme to take away volts readings..I know on my rtas I like 4-usually 4.2 volts..depending on the juice.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because customers wanted REGULATION.. VW provides a more consistant vape especially with higher wattages and lower ohms builds. With VV as the coil heats and cools the wattage fluctuates, due to resistance changes from the hot metal of the coils.

The rage is about how many watts you can vape at.. People don't want to have to do math. common cores making this impossible for many anyway. While VV is technically regulation. it is USER regulated. Customers want device regulation. Where the user decides only an outcome the mod regulates the inputs. Volts being the input of both Watts and TC regulation.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I chose to defer Honda. I saw a proverbial dead horse in my future if I didn't.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With VV as the coil heats and cools the wattage fluctuates, due to resistance changes from the hot metal of the coils.

This is actually more medium dependent. The reason for using kanthal is its relative stable resistance regardless of temp. There is more fluctuation in SS therefore more fluctuation in wattage, but it's minimal. The other mediums we use are specifically used in TC mods because of their resistance change with temp.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is actually more medium dependent. The reason for using kanthal is its relative stable resistance regardless of temp. There is more fluctuation in SS therefore more fluctuation in wattage, but it's minimal. The other mediums we use are specifically used in TC mods because of their resistance change with temp.

I'm glad I got the 75 instead of the 100 or the Mega, because it does have a volts display available. I actually wanted a VV squonker when I got the Pico.. I also wanted small. But there just are not that many VV devices out there these days. I also wanted to try SS more, so needed VW and or TC.. Don't really like SS in my mechs, probably because of the fluctuations, IDK. I just can't get the consistent vape with SS, unregulated, I get with Kanthal or Nichrome.

We are not the customer companies are building for these days.. Take just about every "device" in your life. The trend is to automation.. Let the machine do the thinking.. Not the human. VV and Unregulated vaping requires thought and knowledge.. Both for safety and satisfaction....

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have never gotten a consistent vape on a mech with SS.
I actually had a Nugget V2 and I had to get rid of it and buy an Evic Basic (10× better device btw) as my micro stealth mod because of the fluctuation. Most regulated mods will fire using the initial base resistance of your coil and continue to fire throughout the button press using that initial value in its equation.
Because of this, SS can be used in power mode reliably.
The Nugget V2 uses the live resistance value. So when using SS in power mode on it your wattage setting will remain the same, but as the coil heats up and causes the resistance to rise, the applied voltage rises as well. Throughout your vape the applied voltage is never the same twice.
It was really annoying.

Last edited:

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So guys I contacted eLeaf regarding new features to be added in the next firmwares:
1. The ability to reset the puff counter.
2. The ability to set the max number of puffs.
3. Adding an additional interface to show the amps drawn from the battery.
4. The ability to change the battery bar to percentage (%).

What do you think guys?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So guys I contacted eLeaf regarding new features to be added in the next firmwares:
1. The ability to reset the puff counter.
2. The ability to set the max number of puffs.
3. Adding an additional interface to show the amps drawn from the battery.
4. The ability to change the battery bar to percentage (%).

What do you think guys?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
How about the ability to read your volts? Would love to have that useful piece of info back on the screen! A little more useful than a puff counter.

I just downloaded 1.03 update bc I really wanted the puff counter. However, if you can't reset the puff counter, then there really isn't a point at all. Do you have any idea how to reset the puff counter on the eleaf pico? Or is it impossible?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
PL

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just downloaded 1.03 update bc I really wanted the puff counter. However, if you can't reset the puff counter, then there really isn't a point at all. Do you have any idea how to reset the puff counter on the eleaf pico? Or is it impossible?

Thanks,
PL
I did see where there is a way I read the instructions somewhere where u installed the firmware

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks,
PL
Have to wait for the next update.... only reset method I can find is to reload the software.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Arctic Fox Firmware now works on the Pico, adds a fair bit of options, including profiles, , smooth pre-heat, device monitor similar to Evolve Escribe software.

GitHub - maelstrom2001/ArcticFox: Custom Firmware for Joyetech, Wismec and Eleaf battery mods

the firmware is universal same file I linked works on all of the following devices.

• eVic VTC Mini
  • eVic VTC Dual
  • eVic VTwo Mini
  • eVic VTwo
  • eVic AIO
  • eVic Basic
  • eGrip II / Light
  • Cuboid
  • Cuboid Mini
  • Wismec Presa TC75W
  • Wismec Presa TC100W
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX75
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
  • Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3
  • Eleaf iStick Pico 75W
Releases · maelstrom2001/ArcticFox · GitHub

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arctic Fox Firmware now works on the Pico, adds a fair bit of options, including profiles, , smooth pre-heat, device monitor similar to Evolve Escribe software.

ArcticFox is miles ahead of the stock eleaf/joyetech firmware. Features like power curves and user-settable profiles are worth it alone. Combined with NToolbox, the ability to store configurations in files makes cloning easy, and the device monitor is quite useful for TC tweaking. Yes, you can reset the counters/timers too.

For those wanting to try ArcticFox, an overview and everything you need is referenced here: http://nfeteam.org/
You need both the firmware and the NFE Toolbox configuration editor/firmware updater.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The artic fox firmware so far us great... best thing for me so far.. is that since I don't use Ni or Ti wire I could replace those settings with alternate profiles for SS builds. 8 profiles for 8 different atomizers and builds.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The artic fox firmware so far us great... best thing for me so far.. is that since I don't use Ni or Ti wire I could replace those settings with alternate profiles for SS builds. 8 profiles for 8 different atomizers and builds.

I tried it briefly today on my RX200s and was not a fan in power or tc mode. Will try playing with it again some day but so far I am happy with the way my rx200s, rx2/3 and istick 200 mods vape so not in a rush for something new that I have to do a bunch of fiddling with. I don't use my picos anymore, I gifted them to my brother's girl friend and her son's girl friend to keep them off the analogs.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ck out the new pico 200w. personally I do not need 200w but for those that do want the wattage it is cool.

Switched mine back no probs. Tried all 3 updates, took 5 seconds each to update, and roll-back. Finally settled on 1.01 as I read somewhere they made a TC improvement, and it still shows Watts in TC mode.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors