Become a Patron!

eLiquid Inhale have no taste at all

Hello,

I don't know where i suppose to ask, which category so i think this topic will have general topic for all kind question. Hope this will okay...

I have problem after making DIY eLiquid, before that.. i create 100ml eliquid for own use. But somehow i change my diy eliquid taste from coffee to chocolate peanut. First batch taste good smell good. So i stepping almost 4 weeks.

Because i feel chocolate peanut not really come out and still strong coffee, so i decide to give more chocolate and peanut flavor around 5ml... let it stepping 1 week.. now smells really good like just what i want. So i test it.. but inhale have no taste at all.. just like we smoke VG only. I try to add more VG about 5ml too and start taste chocolate peanut but not to strong.. i decide and try to give more VG touch about 2ml and happen really sucks.. its back to beginning.. taste nothing for inhale.. exhale smells good but not to strong.. just inhale..

My PG/VG 40/60 100ml Essence around 10ml stepping total after change flavor 1 month 2 weeks.. inhale taste nothing, smells good.. exhale good but not to strong.. are im doing something wrong? how to fix this inhale? and how to make exhale more stronger?

Help me please.. i just wonder about my diy eliquid.

Thank you very much.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
try some Ethyl Maltol. I haven't used it, but apparently it brings up the flavor notes rather than actually sweetening.
Also try a wider coil, say 3.0mm core. Using Claptons is good for flavor. Also the more juice you can trap in the coil, the better the flavor. So, for example, 3 strands of twisted 28ga kanthal will give better flavor than 1 strand of 26ga kanthal.
You pretty much have to go by taste, not smell. Your nose is far more sensitive than your taste buds. I would try adding more flavor. Some flavors are just more pronounced than others. Coffee is a stronger flavor, Custard (for example) is not as strong.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For flavor on the inhale, you're probably going to need a lot more than 10% flavoring -- you didn't say how long since you smoked, but up until I'd been smoke-free for almost 2 yrs, I needed 30% flavoring to really taste anything at all. Less flavoring, it gave me a nice smell, but no taste.

Andria

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
For flavor on the inhale, you're probably going to need a lot more than 10% flavoring -- you didn't say how long since you smoked, but up until I'd been smoke-free for almost 2 yrs, I needed 30% flavoring to really taste anything at all. Less flavoring, it gave me a nice smell, but no taste.

Andria
Got to agree. Some flavors I can use a little, but some I need to use a lot more. Peppermint only takes a bit, Strawberry and Cream takes a lot more.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got to agree. Some flavors I can use a little, but some I need to use a lot more. Peppermint only takes a bit, Strawberry and Cream takes a lot more.

And some of us, even after the tastebuds do start waking up a little, take longer for all the sense of taste to come back -- now at 2 yrs 4 mos smoke-free, I'm still using 26% flavoring, but have been able to radically decrease the amount of sweetener I need or want, from 2.5% or more, to .3% or less.

Andria

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is your flavoring VG or PG based? PG will carry more flavor and mix better.

and as said above some flavoring just require a higher percentage. i would imagine peanut would require a lot more to come through.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And all nut flavors are going to be predominantly acetyl pyrazine, which can be quite overpowering to any other flavor -- chocolate in particular is very difficult to translate to a vape, since chocolate is very fatty, and there is no fat in vaping. I would suggest increasing the chocolate by quite a lot.

Andria

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
sorry if missunderstood, i asked if the FLAVOR is PG or VG, no the ratio
OH must have mis read. I don't think it matters, since the pg/vg ratio will be constant. IE, 20 ml pg flavor + 20ml pg + 60ml vg = 40/60.

I don't think they count the actual pure flavor "molecules.. for lack of a better word". At least that is how I calculate my own DIY. And we both know the pre made juice isnt going to tell you how much actual flavor goes in.. trade secrets and such. I WISH they did.. lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OH must have mis read. I don't think it matters, since the pg/vg ratio will be constant. IE, 20 ml pg flavor + 20ml pg + 60ml vg = 40/60.

I don't think they count the actual pure flavor "molecules.. for lack of a better word". At least that is how I calculate my own DIY. And we both know the pre made juice isnt going to tell you how much actual flavor goes in.. trade secrets and such. I WISH they did.. lol

I wish I could find out from a commercial juice maker what actual blueberry flavor(s) they use. And definitely what they use for the muffin flavor!

Andria

VU Sponsors