Become a Patron!

ENDED - Vapor.gearbest Giveaway Part 2 - Win 1 of 6 X ELEAF ASTER 75W TC Box Mod - 8/23-8/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Also if anyone didn't get the bill that won here (possibly 3 other people) if they could check and see on the shipping label if it had a R or S next to D/T that would be helpful

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Also if anyone didn't get the bill that won here (possibly 3 other people) if they could check and see on the shipping label if it had a R or S next to D/T that would be helpful
Yes, I am surprised the others have not written about this. Must be they didn't get the bill like we did, but would still be nice if they check their label if they still have it. I talked to Fed Ex this AM about this Bill and I was told pretty much- sorry, but you still have to pay! So I sent the payment out today.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Someone who won a similar contest on another forum called fedex and spoke with an employee who had a clue.
The issue was the contents being declared as an electronic cigarette product. If the contents were listed as electronics
or battery operated colon massager for uptight individuals, there would have been no $20.xx charge.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Someone who won a similar contest on another forum called fedex and spoke with an employee who had a clue.
The issue was the contents being declared as an electronic cigarette product. If the contents were listed as electronics
or battery operated colon massager for uptight individuals, there would have been no $20.xx charge.
but that still begs the question who is charging the 20 bucks and who's pocket does it wind up in?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine says R next to D/T.

I have not yet received a FedEx bill.

It arrived directly at my house Friday, Sept. 16.

Driver told my husband (I was not home when it arrived) that he'd been trying to deliver if for a couple of days but no one was home. There was never a door hanger or phone call from FedEx.

The address on the label is my post office box, because I did not know this prize would be delivered FedEx. We do not get home mail delivery where I live. My home address was hand written in ink over the plastic where the packing slip was.

Odd the FedEx driver told my husband he had not been able to deliver the package because we weren't home.

We got home today and the FedEx driver left a computer on the porch, dead center under the eaves so it received the maximum amount of water from roof in addition to exposure to the elements during a rain storm so severe it toppled two trees within two blocks of my house and knocked out power for hours on end.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mine says R next to D/T.

I have not yet received a FedEx bill.

It arrived directly at my house Friday, Sept. 16.

Driver told my husband (I was not home when it arrived) that he'd been trying to deliver if for a couple of days but no one was home. There was never a door hanger or phone call from FedEx.

The address on the label is my post office box, because I did not know this prize would be delivered FedEx. We do not get home mail delivery where I live. My home address was hand written in ink over the plastic where the packing slip was.

Odd the FedEx driver told my husband he had not been able to deliver the package because we weren't home.

We got home today and the FedEx driver left a computer on the porch, dead center under the eaves so it received the maximum amount of water from roof in addition to exposure to the elements during a rain storm so severe it toppled two trees within two blocks of my house and knocked out power for hours on end.
Have you checked your po box yet? My guess is it'll go there. We all got ours 10 days later or so , so you might still get one in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Have you checked your po box yet? My guess is it'll go there. We all got ours 10 days later or so , so you might still get one in the next few days

Everyone seems to be getting it a week and a half later - my Mr. checks the box just about everyday.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@SirRichardRear - In GearBest's "Policy" on their website, it says that any taxes or otherwise are the burden of the buyer.

@SMOKIE @Vapor.gearbest I haven't paid mine yet. If I send her the invoice will GearBest pay it? Or must I pay it first?

BUT, I did receive 2 parcels from GearBest today. One was a USPS ePacket and the other was from their Netherlands warehouse PostNL. Came through fine.

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes- got a Fed Ex bill today for $20.23
Customs Duty US Food & Drug Admin Processing Fee- $20.00
Total Duties,Tax, Customs, Other Fees $0.23

Ouch!
Yes I received a bill from FedEx today also I did message gearbest!!

Fight for your right to vape......

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like a Fedex issue to me. Who the hell ships vape gear fedex anyway? ... I got some gearbest some delivered normal Epacket a few days ago.. no fees or anything.

I received 2 parcels from them today also, usual white bubble mailers. I'm thinking, I bet June wanted us all to receive our prizes as quickly as possible and used FedEx. It may have been an honest mistake on her part. After all of my cussing the other night, I just thought of that.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received 2 parcels from them today also, usual white bubble mailers. I'm thinking, I bet June wanted us all to receive our prizes as quickly as possible and used FedEx. It may have been an honest mistake on her part. After all of my cussing the other night, I just thought of that.

This! She wants winners to receive their packages quickly, so they can post comments and pics ASAP if they choose to do so.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This! She wants winners to receive their packages quickly, so they can post comments and pics ASAP if they choose to do so.

Having been a person whose good intentions turned into big problems later, I find that highly plausible.

I was shocked when the first winner posted so quickly!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes. She was anxious for us to post comments and pics in her pm to me.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fedex probably pockets a collection fee % and and the FDA collects the rest I would assume.

Not necessarily. There simply might be FDA paperwork that FedEx (or the shipper) must fill out when it's a vaping device, and FedEx is charging a $20 fee for the extra trouble of filling out that paperwork. That's why it would be nice to know which it is. There is no mention of an FDA fee in the FDA regs that I have read or heard about thus far, personally speaking. So if it IS a FedEx-generated fee, it could very well be that other shippers (or even some other shippers) won't charge for this. Which is one reason it's important to know.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not necessarily. There simply might be FDA paperwork that FedEx (or the shipper) must fill out when it's a vaping device, and FedEx is charging a $20 fee for the extra trouble of filling out that paperwork. That's why it would be nice to know which it is. There is no mention of an FDA fee in the FDA regs that I have read or heard about thus far, personally speaking. So if it IS a FedEx-generated fee, it could very well be that other shippers won't charge for this. Which is one reason it's important to know.

Yeah, I've been poking around in my spare time and have no idea still who "pockets" this fee

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I've been poking around in my spare time and have no idea still who "pockets" this fee

The fact that it's listed as an "Admin fee" tends to imply FedEx does, imho. I hope the FedEx manager calls SirRichard back and clarifies.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The fact that it's listed as an "Admin fee" tends to imply FedEx does, imho. I hope the FedEx manager calls SirRichard back and clarifies.

That's my best guess too - but I'm also trying to figure out why the FDA is worried about these kinds of imports and what info they get from it

I'm well stock-piled for many, many years of vaping, decades even, but would still like to know.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's my best guess too - but I'm also trying to figure out why the FDA is worried about these kinds of imports and what info they get from it

I'm well stock-piled for many, many years of vaping, decades even, but would still like to know.

Putting aside the fact that I believe the regs will be overturned by the courts before we ever hit the 2yr deadline, if regs were in effect, you wonder how they plan to check every single vaping device shipped into the country, to make sure it's an "FDA-approved" device. I would guess the "FDA-approved" paperwork would have to accompany the packing slip to be checked by US Customs... but how would they know what's really in the box without opening each item? The whole thing is ridiculous.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Putting aside the fact that I believe the regs will be overturned by the courts before we ever hit the 2yr deadline, if regs were in effect, you wonder how they plan to check every single vaping device shipped into the country, to make sure it's an "FDA-approved" device. I would guess the "FDA-approved" paperwork would have to accompany the packing slip to be checked by US Customs... but how would they know what's really in the box without opening each item? The whole thing is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous - but government specializes in ridiculous

And I detest FedEx committing highway robbery like this

If the paperwork was that onerous, we'd see increased shipping costs across the board

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is ridiculous - but government specializes in ridiculous

Amen.

And I detest FedEx committing highway robbery like this

Yes, unless they really are recovering a fee.... to be seen...

If the paperwork was that onerous, we'd see increased shipping costs across the board

And I hope that doesn't happen. Since the regs only recently went into effect it will take awhile for compliance to kick in 'across the board' so who knows. Everything is a big fat question mark at this point until we get further down this road. I just want this whole FDA issue to get to the courts...

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I'm stocked for a decade also, Lucy. But what concerns me is that they have our name and addresses. Sure, they inspected 2 of my ePacket deliveries and now this FedEx business. But with the regs hanging in the wind right now, they're collecting information. And we all don't want to be tacked up on their cork boards as future felons. (Drama, but you get the point)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm stocked for a decade also, Lucy. But what concerns me is that they have our name and addresses. Sure, they inspected 2 of my ePacket deliveries and now this FedEx business. But with the regs hanging in the wind right now, they're collecting information. And we all don't want to be tacked up on their cork boards as future felons. (Drama, but you get the point)

I do
I order other stuff from China sometimes and don't feel like being on anybody's red flag for imports list, that kind of BS

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I think we got the charge because of the required adult signature on this Fed Ex Package. This is the 1st time I have ever had to sign- my package was open, someone looked at the shipping manifest and saw that this is a vaping product, needs the adult signature and Fed Ex slaps that extra $20.00 for that service? I have been reading about this and some companies have been telling their customers about this Adult signature BS and that It would be a $15.00- $20.00 charge.
Funny the Fed Ex driver didn't ask for my ID- he took one look at me and knew I was way over 21- haha! Wish that there was some other way around this- I do not think that USPS charges for this, yet! I too have been stockpiling and have never placed an order from China- I use US vendors only and have not encountered this yet!
I won a $5.00 off contest from Vape Sourcing and purchased the Aspire Evo Tank- that company is in China too, I placed the order on 9/6 and still don't have my tank! Not worth waiting almost a month from goods from China- I could have had this tank by now from one of my US vendors for about the same price- lesson learned for me! Besides this extra slow shipping and a possible $20.00 FDA charge- No Thanks!
About the red flagging stuff- yes maybe if you have been placing huge orders, but I am more afraid of them using it for uncollected taxes- then lo and behold you get a tax bill from your state for these vape products.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
About the red flagging stuff- yes maybe if you have been placing huge orders, but I am more afraid of them using it for uncollected taxes- then lo and behold you get a tax bill from your state for these vape products.

If you live in a state that taxes vape gear above regular sales tax this could be a very valid concern

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I sent a .PDF of my 'unpaid' bill to June Thursday asking her if I should pay it for reimbursement. @Vapor.gearbest

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think we got the charge because of the required adult signature on this Fed Ex Package. This is the 1st time I have ever had to sign- my package was open, someone looked at the shipping manifest and saw that this is a vaping product, needs the adult signature and Fed Ex slaps that extra $20.00 for that service? I have been reading about this and some companies have been telling their customers about this Adult signature BS and that It would be a $15.00- $20.00 charge.
Funny the Fed Ex driver didn't ask for my ID- he took one look at me and knew I was way over 21- haha! Wish that there was some other way around this- I do not think that USPS charges for this, yet! I too have been stockpiling and have never placed an order from China- I use US vendors only and have not encountered this yet!
I won a $5.00 off contest from Vape Sourcing and purchased the Aspire Evo Tank- that company is in China too, I placed the order on 9/6 and still don't have my tank! Not worth waiting almost a month from goods from China- I could have had this tank by now from one of my US vendors for about the same price- lesson learned for me! Besides this extra slow shipping and a possible $20.00 FDA charge- No Thanks!
FYI I didn't have to sign for it but I did have to show ID

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
FYI I didn't have to sign for it but I did have to show ID

My "bill" arrived today. Mine is for $20.62.

Anybody had any further information on this debacle?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My "bill" arrived today. Mine is for $20.62.

Anybody had any further information on this debacle?
Pm the bill to gearbest with your PayPal account and they will give u the money to pay it

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
June said to pay the bill, attach it to a pm and give her your paypal email address. Got her pm today.
And yeah, what he said. lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I called back again, since the manager never called me back, and I was told that department is down right now and to try later, the lady I spoke with had no idea either.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
OK so a manager finally called me back and seemed to know what she was talking about. It's a fed ex fee for basically doing paperwork for the FDA, so the money does go into Fed Ex's pockets. So going forward I'd be careful ordering from outside the US getting shipped into the US because if you do, and it's shipped fed ex, you are going to get this fee.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
OK so a manager finally called me back and seemed to know what she was talking about. It's a fed ex fee for basically doing paperwork for the FDA, so the money does go into Fed Ex's pockets. So going forward I'd be careful ordering from outside the US getting shipped into the US because if you do, and it's shipped fed ex, you are going to get this fee.
I read that DHL will be doing this also!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Did you see on the other GearBest Contest thread that someones prize came FedEx and after reading about our fee refused the package.
I will be on guard now before I sign anything about a possible fee.
Some of them are getting their prizes now, so it will be interesting to see if any of them get this fee.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Did you see on the other GearBest Contest thread that someones prize came FedEx and after reading about our fee refused the package.
Some of them are getting their prizes now, so it will be interesting to see if any of them get this fee.
yeah i seen that. seems a bit premature but i understand the decision

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Thanks for doing the legwork.

I stand corrected, it's a courier company money grab. This is why I stick with postal delivery
despite taking what sometimes feels like forever for a package to arrive.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yeah I refused the package...Didn't see anyone validate the refund from GB...wasn't a hard decision. Maybe If I saw that there was indeed a refund issued I would of accepted the package...but at the time there wasn't.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah I refused the package...Didn't see anyone validate the refund from GB...wasn't a hard decision. Maybe If I saw that there was indeed a refund issued I would of accepted the package...but at the time there wasn't.
Well gearbest did send me the money to pay for it. only took about a week to get it FYI

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That is great... Wish a few days ago I saw someone say they actually got refunded.
I am still waiting for my credit! I pd the Fed Ex Bill on 9/22 and Pm'd the info to June and I need to wait. I submitted a bill from my PayPal to June's email and she will submit to their accounting for reimbursement! I am glad Sir Richard was able to get his reimbursement so quickly.I am holding on faith that this will be paid- sometime- I will have to be patient.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just when you think you'll slide this one out...BAM! I paid mine and sent the bill to June. She said the credit would hit in 72 hours. That was 5 days ago I think. Checking PayPal now....Nothing yet. Will pm June again. I know she's on holiday through Friday though.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Just when you think you'll slide this one out...BAM! I paid mine and sent the bill to June. She said the credit would hit in 72 hours. That was 5 days ago I think. Checking PayPal now....Nothing yet. Will pm June again. I know she's on holiday through Friday though.
Trixy- I am still waiting for my PayPal reimbursement! I sent mine to June on 9/22 and sent a PayPal bill to her email account which is still not paid.This was after I told her what my email-paypal address was for almost a week. She told me she received the bill and was sending it to her boss to be paid and to be patient. I added a copy of my paid FedEx bill with that PayPal Bill.
China is on holiday til 10/7 I guess- so more waiting!
Sir Richard is lucky as he did receive his reimbursement and I sent mine in at the same time and now I wait, not sure if anyone else has been reimbursed yet?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, there isn't anything we can do until the China holiday is over on the 7th. I think we've all got enough pm's in to her that she can't ignore it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Well, there isn't anything we can do until the China holiday is over on the 7th. I think we've all got enough pm's in to her that she can't ignore it.
That's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors