Become a Patron!

Evic VT Power Issues

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, just wondering if anyone out there is having power issues under Temp control like I am. So basically the problem I am having is under Temp NI. When I put a subtank Nickel coil on it. So basically the first time I put the subtank on it it says new coil same right left.. First time I hit power it comes out really strong.. Mind you I am set at 360 degrees 30w. it is like the VT is pushing full power at it causing burnt flavor. So I turn it down.. After vaping it for a bit it gets weaker and weaker to the point I am producing no vapor at all.. So I take it off the device and put it back on the the entire process starts all over again.. There is no consistency at all. I can't get a solid vape out of this thing. Now this is my first Temp control but I can't believe it is like this.. This thing smokes normal on regular Kantian wire.. So far I am not impressed with this thing in Temp mode.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
I had similar issues with Kanger Subtank nickel coils on vaporshark as well as IPV4. Using the Atlantis and Atlantis nickel coils, no problems. Personally I am blaming Kanger.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
are you setting your resistance? Have to do that each time you change atty's.

wolfmannxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Which version of the sub tank k u running, I had the first one with the spring loaded 510 and it worked great for kanthal but whe I put a nickle head in it the resistance was all over the place and was burning coils every 2 days (if that). I reluctantly went and got a newer on (subtank plus) which has a non spring loaded connector, and its all good now. One nickle coil is lasting for of a week and that has been consistent over 5 coils.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which version of the sub tank k u running, I had the first one with the spring loaded 510 and it worked great for kanthal but whe I put a nickle head in it the resistance was all over the place and was burning coils every 2 days (if that). I reluctantly went and got a newer on (subtank plus) which has a non spring loaded connector, and its all good now. One nickle coil is lasting for of a week and that has been consistent over 5 coils.

Just looked and it is out of stock, but I dealt with the same issue by dropping $13 on http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger-Airflow-Control-Base-Subtank-Plus-p/krst-ac10.htm.

wolfmannxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cause I'm seeing issues with my evic. I have to jack my settings up to 500 degrees as compared to 420 with my m class, this is the same tank, coil

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just bought the eVic VT and running the triton Sub Ohm and rarely get a burnt hit. Usally only when I run the tank empty. So I personally love it. Will test a rda on it when it comes in the mail.

VU Sponsors