Become a Patron!

Evic VT / Starre Pro

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
Hello I believe I am at the right section but if not, I apologize.

I am a new vaper and I've been using your forums for some help but I do wish to ask some questions of my own.

I purchased the Evic VT and the Starre Pro tank

1. I made a complete mess with my starre pro leaking and for some reason I decided to rinse the thing with water not thinking if this would be safe to use after or not.. I now know how to avoid leaks with the starre pro but am waiting to confirm in regards to it getting wet. Any thoughts?

2. Based on what I've heard, the OHM reading on my starre pro might be off by a little bit. like a .15 might be read at .18 so and forth. If I keep vaping at the wrong OHM reading, is this harmful?

3. I was vaping at 500 degrees Fahrenheit and 40 Watts. Based on the Manual it should be fine but I'm wondering if this goes the same with titanium and nickel coils. Unsure what the difference is between the 2 even.

Lastly! Sorry :( A friend told me that I have to replace the cotton in my coil? But the sales person at the vape shop said I just need to buy a new coil everytime it runs out. If that's the case.. how do I tell when to change my coil? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

I really enjoy vaping but I am a huge worry wart in everything T_ T i hate it.

Hope you can help! :)

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I am a new vaper and I've been using your forums for some help but I do wish to ask some questions of my own.

1. I made a complete mess with my starre pro leaking and for some reason I decided to rinse the thing with water not thinking if this would be safe to use after or not.. I now know how to avoid leaks with the starre pro but am waiting to confirm in regards to it getting wet. Any thoughts?

2. Based on what I've heard, the OHM reading on my starre pro might be off by a little bit. like a .15 might be read at .18 so and forth. If I keep vaping at the wrong OHM reading, is this harmful?

3. I was vaping at 500 degrees Fahrenheit and 40 Watts. Based on the Manual it should be fine but I'm wondering if this goes the same with titanium and nickel coils. Unsure what the difference is between the 2 even.

Lastly! Sorry :( A friend told me that I have to replace the cotton in my coil? But the sales person at the vape shop said I just need to buy a new coil everytime it runs out. If that's the case.. how do I tell when to change my coil? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

1. Did you wash it with the coil installed? I was told its okay to wash your tank as long you dry every single drop of water.

2. I wouldnt think its harmful

3. Try searching on information on titanium and nickel coils, as long as you dont burn them should be fine.

4. How long have you had the coil for? Really depends how much you vape.. Should probably listen to the guy at your vape store, as im pretty sure hes a expert and hopefully knows what hes talkin about. Coils last about a few weeks.. Sometimes a few days. Not sure how the starre coils run.

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
1. Did you wash it with the coil installed? I was told its okay to wash your tank as long you dry every single drop of water.

2. I wouldnt think its harmful

3. Try searching on information on titanium and nickel coils, as long as you dont burn them should be fine.

4. How long have you had the coil for? Really depends how much you vape.. Should probably listen to the guy at your vape store, as im pretty sure hes a expert and hopefully knows what hes talkin about. Coils last about a few weeks.. Sometimes a few days. Not sure how the starre coils run.

Thanks for your help. No the coil wasn't there haha. Thanks for answering!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Absolutely do not listen to the guy at the vape shop! You do not have to change your coil every time you go through a tank. Assuming you're using stock coil, they should just unscrew from the base. When you start getting a lack of flavor/vapor or if you burnt your cotton and can taste it every draw, swap it out. If you rinsed out your tank with coil installed, it needs to be COMPLETELY dry before you use it. If you just rinsed the tank section, No worries, wipe it out with a paper towel and fill it up vape away. Also that's about the temp I run my VT at,you're fine but when the tank runs dry, you can still get a burnt hit. Go down to 400ish when tanks low to vape dry for new flavor.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wondering why some of you are losing your shit over some moisture remaining in a tank (just the tank, not the coil).
It's not unusual to thin MAX VG with distilled water or even *gasp* Vodka/PGA.

I could see a slight increase in spitback for a bit, but it's not a sealed environment... you worried about pressure? Flooding/Leaking?

That said... I shake out any excess if I feel like using it right away, but that's all.
I suggested wiping the tank out because tap water is full of minerals and other things that could potentially degrade coil prematurely. Definitely not because of and flooding or anything.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
your ohm reading can be slightly off. as long as the reading is consistent. The coils are premade in mass quantities. Some are just not going to be .15 a range of .13-18 is generally acceptable to be correctish.

TC requires your device to be able to accurately read the resistance of your coil. If t cant do it accurately because of a problem with the tank or coil, your TC experience is going to suck.

So you have a coil reading .18 and it should be .15

Is there a problem. Maybe the only way to be sure is to use an ohm reader or another mod and see if the coil reads the same. If its teh same in other mods or an ohm reader, then your fine.

be sure to always lock resistance when the mod and coil and tank are all room temp.

So if a .15 is really reading .18 and that is its real resistance due to poor QC or what have you,, THAT IS NOT AN ISSUE.

if you have a .15 coil reading .18 because the mod or tank or coil is not at room temp, or theres something interferring with the connection, or whatever, then YES YOU MAY HAVE ISSUES. the vape will be too hot or too cool, be too overpowered or underpowered.

You should be able to run any TC coil regardless of .15 or .18 at 572F and 300F without a bad taste. 572F may be way to hot for you and 300F may not give you much if any vapor, but you should never get a nasty burnt taste from a TC coil

I run the exact same coil used in the Starre at 50J 572F all day long with NO ISSUE. And my coils when I install them can range form readings between .139-.178 and they have all been fine

The only way for the NI coils to reach a temperature hot enough to have it give us nasty stuff for you to inhale is if its being over heated, AND YOU WILL KNOW IT. It will be way way way too hot and taste horrible. and a few puffs at these temps wont kill you. so no worries

The temp range and so forth for NI and titanium is the same.

WIth titanium you need a mod that has a Ti setting. Other wise many use the NI setting and set the temperature abut 100F degrees lower. Because the wires do heat up differently. But the 100F difference is accurate enough to make it work.

The difference in Titanium and Nickel is Titanium costs more, is easier to make coils with for many versus nickel. Many say Titanium tastes cleaner then Nickel, others say the opposite. Its SUBJECTIVE WHICH TASTES BETTER. Nickel is the prevalent material for TC. Only 2 or 3 companies make premade Ti coils.

Your friend must be a very experienced coil maker. The coils in a starre are extremely challenging to rebuild and rewick properly.
You only need change the coil when cotton is so gunked up that your flavor is effected. or teh coil is so gunked up. For me I can get about 150-200mls vaped on one coil before I need to change it. The cost of a replacement coil for a starre is low. SO Just change the coil when the flavor is no longer good from it or it tastes burnt. Or it no longer seems to be working properly. If you really want to rewick or even rebuild the coil it to save a few pennies, have your friend teach you how. On this particular coil, it aint easy for a beginner.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All of my final rinses are with DW so I wasn't thinking along those lines.
Still not enough of a probability for me to get concerned over "every single drop".
That's all... it got me wonderin'.
Definitely not in the tank section but the coil yes. Catch me 20min before work changing flavor, I'm certain there's some tap water in there left over. But I rebuild so worries aren't too great for me

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You'll know when to change the coil by burnt taste n bad Vape
What coils are you using may I ask?
NIckle or regular kanthal or titanium?
I didn't try titanium yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for your replies, I am amazed at how helpful everyone is.

I washed just the tank itself. I was using the Ni200 for Starre pro (stock). & now I am back to my ego one mega now using the titanium .4 ohm (stock tank for evic vt i think) as I ran out of the Ni coils for starre pro. The flavor is so much crappier with thsi tank! haha :p

So just to take away tis okay to wash the tank without the atomizer

and just swap the atomizer when it starts tasting bad?

Thanks again all!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
swap the coil
use teh .5 kanthal coil on the starre in power mode
you'll be fine
start at 20 watts and see how high you like it.. I like those coils in the 55w range

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
swap the coil
use teh .5 kanthal coil on the starre in power mode
you'll be fine
start at 20 watts and see how high you like it.. I like those coils in the 55w range

I enjoyed doing 500 F and 40W on TC using Ni coils a lot. So buy a .5 ohm kanthal coil and use wattage mode with the starre pro. I'll give that a try as well. Is it better on flavor?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I enjoyed doing 500 F and 40W on TC using Ni coils a lot. So buy a .5 ohm kanthal coil and use wattage mode with the starre pro. I'll give that a try as well. Is it better on flavor?
thats subjective, they are both good

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
Okay thanks so much! Sorry for all these questions really. I feel like an idiot haha.

They have this one for
STARRE PRO COIL - 5 PACK
Freemax Starre Pro Coil - 5 pack

$21.99

Resistance:0.5 ohm

I am guessing I am looking at the right one?

It says DVC (20-60W)

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
That seems pricy for a pack of coils, but I don't have the Starre.

Hey Jim yeah this shop is definitely overpriced and tries to sell everything to me lol.

After buying the evic vt for $99 I saw a few online ones for like $60 haha T_T

VU Sponsors